5.0 out of 5 stars this set is EXCELLENT in every respect
Published 9 months ago by SlowCooker Uncle Ben

2.0 out of 5 stars Not 40lbs -- decieving
This set is not really 40lbs. The weights add up to 30lbs and the handle bars are NOT 5lbs each. Also, you can get this $10 cheaper at Can. Tire
Published on Oct. 14 2011 by Rachel

5.0 out of 5 stars this set is EXCELLENT in every respect, Oct. 26 2014
SlowCooker Uncle Ben (Eastern Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Cap Barbell RSWB-40TPB Dumbbell Set, 40 Pounds (Sports)
I did not buy this set on Amazon, simply because I happened to find it at a local store on sale at a 50% discount. That being said, I want to add to those who have already changed the merits of this product. If you can do without the quick snap on/off feature of the more expensive set, this set is EXCELLENT in every respect. Love it, use it every second day or so; and since I don't switch weights on and off often, this set works out very well for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase at a great price, Jan. 9 2013
This review is from: Cap Barbell RSWB-40TPB Dumbbell Set, 40 Pounds (Sports)
Item came as described. Solid purchase for a quick work out at home. I would recommend this to anyone with limited space to work out.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good set of weights for the price!, Jan. 30 2014
This review is from: Cap Barbell RSWB-40TPB Dumbbell Set, 40 Pounds (Sports)
I was looking for a good starter set of weights and this product worked quite well for the cost.

I turned it into 1 - 40lb weight for my purposes but with this sale and free shipping the price is hard to beat.

The carrying case is also quite handy and the weights are decent quality. The only thing you have to watch for is the little rubber rings on the screw caps will fall off if you're not careful. It's not a big deal but its a flaw nonetheless (-0.5 stars)

Also the material smells quite strongly and almost leaves an oily feeling after use, but I would usually shower or at least wash my hands after working out anyway so it's not a huge deal (-0.5 stars).

Overall, it is a good product for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value dumbbell set. You can add more weight when you need to., Feb. 22 2015
This review is from: Cap Barbell RSWB-40TPB Dumbbell Set, 40 Pounds (Sports)
Good dumbbell set. Helped me build my strength (bought a second one to add more weights).

The grip is comfortable and well sized and the weights themselves fit through easily with enough room to spare another set of weights.

The fastener loosens up every so often though (I feel that's normal after vigorously doing some sets). So I need to tighten it a little bit after every few sets. When changing weights, a rubber washer in the fastener also comes loose sometimes but can easily be put back in place (no big deal really).

This is a great value dumbbell set with an opportunity to expand with heavier weights if you feel the need to.

Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars For this price? It's a steal!, Feb. 26 2015
This review is from: Cap Barbell RSWB-40TPB Dumbbell Set, 40 Pounds (Sports)
I am delighted to share that the quality and durability of this product is fantastic! This is definitely a good beginner set especially for the price. There are countless amounts of workouts you can do with these. If you are not (like me) i recommend purchasing extra weights because these wont be enough.

PS: about the "smell" complaints this product has been receiving:

There is a minor scent that comes off the bars (that go on your hands), and in order to smell it I had to put my hands directly in front of my nose, otherwise I wouldn't smell it (this was the case for me, may vary for others)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good if you find it for cheap, July 5 2015
This review is from: Cap Barbell RSWB-40TPB Dumbbell Set, 40 Pounds (Sports)
They're originally 112$ (50% sale) which makes them 61.19 CAD$, not much of a deal considering i found the exact same set at Canadian Tire for 47.99$, and that was their regular price.

But for the rest it is a good product. As mentionned by others the set has a strange smell to it, but I train in my garage so it doesn't really matter to me.

Also, it is a 40 pound set including the 2 bars (which means that there is only 30 pound of actual weights, bars weight 5 pound each), but then again this is still not a big deal for me.

Overall good product if you can get it for cheap!

4.0 out of 5 stars These barbells are exactly as described and very good value for the price, Dec 5 2014
This review is from: Cap Barbell RSWB-40TPB Dumbbell Set, 40 Pounds (Sports)
These barbells are exactly as described and very good value for the price. They have only two drawbacks: The plastic casing stinks when you open it, and they do not exercise by themselves...;-)

2.0 out of 5 stars Not 40lbs -- decieving, Oct. 14 2011
Rachel - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome value for your money, Jan. 10 2014
This review is from: Cap Barbell RSWB-40TPB Dumbbell Set, 40 Pounds (Sports)
I bought this locally at the same price of $49.99 to save on shipping but was prepared to buy it from Amazon had I not found it. Amazing qquality for the price. You could spend more on just the bars themselves in stores. Personally, I bought this set and added 4 extra 5 pound weights from a local store to augment the set. You can place 4 of this size free weight on one side of the bar, so I can get up to 40 lbs (plus 3 lbs for the bar) now.

Trust me, you will be happy with it. I can't even find used weights at this price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than i was expecting, Dec 2 2014
This review is from: Cap Barbell RSWB-40TPB Dumbbell Set, 40 Pounds (Sports)
Much better than i was expecting, very low price with free delivery ( specially for something that weight 40+ lbs )
Great quality product and really good carrying case

Cap Barbell RSWB-40TPB Dumbbell Set, 40 Pounds