biss Learn more boutiques-francophones snsflyour Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

on January 30, 2014
I was looking for a good starter set of weights and this product worked quite well for the cost.

I turned it into 1 - 40lb weight for my purposes but with this sale and free shipping the price is hard to beat.

The carrying case is also quite handy and the weights are decent quality. The only thing you have to watch for is the little rubber rings on the screw caps will fall off if you're not careful. It's not a big deal but its a flaw nonetheless (-0.5 stars)

Also the material smells quite strongly and almost leaves an oily feeling after use, but I would usually shower or at least wash my hands after working out anyway so it's not a huge deal (-0.5 stars).

Overall, it is a good product for the price.
I did not buy this set on Amazon, simply because I happened to find it at a local store on sale at a 50% discount. That being said, I want to add to those who have already changed the merits of this product. If you can do without the quick snap on/off feature of the more expensive set, this set is EXCELLENT in every respect. Love it, use it every second day or so; and since I don't switch weights on and off often, this set works out very well for me.
on January 4, 2016
Plates are nice enough, but let's be honest: it's not a 40 pound set. It's 30 pounds of weight and a couple of 2 pounds or so bars. The quality-control on the bars is sub-standard: the grip on one of them is very rough so that you would just about need a glove, and the grip on the other is much, much rougher. I paid 50 bucks with free shipping and I wouldn't buy this set again.
on December 12, 2015
These dumbbells feel heavy and do deliver. 40 pounds is also very nice for the price. However, after using them for a month, I noticed the threaded collars could unscrew by themselves just from doing controlled bicep curls and it is a bit annoying to readjust them after every set. You want to make sure the weight is tight and stable during your workouts so the muscle are properly activated during the full range of motion, but if you're not attentive the threaded collars could drop on you and make you lose your focus. But that's really the worse that can happen. It is what you'll get with threaded dumbbells.

Other than that, I am very satisfied with this set. It's particularly great for beginners. I recommend this to anyone who need cheap but good gym equipment for their home!
on January 9, 2013
Item came as described. Solid purchase for a quick work out at home. I would recommend this to anyone with limited space to work out.
on December 18, 2015
Awesome dumbbell set for beginners. The carrying/storage case is more compact than I was expecting as well.

Having to screw on the weights really isn't that much of a pain since I rarely ever change them. I keep it set up as two 20lb bars but you could easily have one 35lb (The "40lb set" is two 5lb bars, four 5lb weights, and four 2.5lb weights). If you need to add more weight you can always just pickup 10lb plates from a local store and throw them on.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon September 18, 2015
This set is what started me on a healthy kick. I bought these, a book on dumbbell excercises, and went to town. The only problem is, they're only 40 pounds (actually slightly less, you get 30lbs in weights and the handles which are a little less than 5lbs). After a week of working out with them, I had to go down to the Canadian Tire and pick up another four 10lb plates so I could really get a good workout.

Have been using them for the last two months, 2-4 times a week. Spin-on collars work great and hold weights securely, but are time consuming to change weights between exercises. Other than that, no complaints!
on January 10, 2014
I bought this locally at the same price of $49.99 to save on shipping but was prepared to buy it from Amazon had I not found it. Amazing qquality for the price. You could spend more on just the bars themselves in stores. Personally, I bought this set and added 4 extra 5 pound weights from a local store to augment the set. You can place 4 of this size free weight on one side of the bar, so I can get up to 40 lbs (plus 3 lbs for the bar) now.

Trust me, you will be happy with it. I can't even find used weights at this price.
on December 2, 2014
Much better than i was expecting, very low price with free delivery ( specially for something that weight 40+ lbs )
Great quality product and really good carrying case
on October 14, 2015
PROS:
- Good price
- Durable bars, weights and case
- Good knurling on the dumbbell handles (gives you better grip)

CONS::
- Smells slightly (similar to a nut oil)
- To anyone with soft hands, the knurling may be too rough (can be offset with weight lifting gloves)

A good set of 5lb dumbbells with an additional 30lbs of weight plates. More 1" plates can be added for any experienced weight lifters.