5.0 out of 5 stars dvd
Very good dvd and lot of good memories about it I just adore it and recommanded it to all my friends
Published 4 months ago by Claude Couillard

3.0 out of 5 stars Good pop-corn movie... but be patient!
Published on Nov. 14 2007 by el_realisator

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Good pop-corn movie... but be patient!, Nov. 14 2007
el_realisator (Montreal, Canada) - See all my reviews
Transformers is filled with mild violence and intense action that never lets off once it begins. The CGI is what makes this movie. It wouldn't have been the same without today's technology. Anyone wanting to know where we are in terms of special effects has to watch Transformers. In 1991, there was Terminator 2; in 1993, it was Jurassik Park; in 1995, it was Independence Day; 1997 featured Titanic; then we had to wait until Lord of the Ring and now it is Transformers! It's a wonderful movie, if we speak of CGI. It also features some pretty funny moments.

Michael Bay is the perfect example of money buying special effects to make you forget about the horrible script. His movies usually are about how cool army men and soldiers are and how they are living a dream, serving their country in the US Army. This one isn't the exception. The plot is quite simple, the Decepticons retrieve the info about the whereabouts of the Cube, knowing that the plan to get it is hidden in the glasses of the great great granpa of a middle-class surburbia dude. The autobots also learn this piece of information and rush to find the boy.

Can't be more americanized, once again telling the rest of the world how much they are the center of it. All the cars in Transformers are from US and you have product placement all over. The real heroes in the movie are not really the Autobots, they are the fine soldiers of US, who will defend the world against the Decepticons... who curiously attack them at first in the Evil Middle East. Funny how you can americanize something that originally comes from Japan...

HOWEVER, Transformers also has an interesting but controlled critic about US itself, seeming to question the paranoia of governement agencies and secret services and it has a great pun on Bush.

If you buy it, it don't think it's a good idea to get the DVD version. Transformers is so beautiful (technically speaking of course), that the DVD doesn't really serve its beautifulness. Also, Hollywood distributors now have the good idea to give us 2 versions of each blockbusters... the one with and without bonus features. To make matters worse, the videostores edition is always the bonusless edition, forcing you to buy the movie to see the bonus features. And if that wasn't enough, the special edition gets bumped off by a 3 disc edition 3 months after!

Anyway, good movie if you have a home theater system but if you do, get yourself the HDDVD or the Blu-Ray version. The bonuses on this one are not worth it... a featurette and theatrical trailer isn't my idea of a good special edition! Wait for the next one, a 4 disc ultimate metal-boxed collector's set probably!!

5.0 out of 5 stars dvd, May 17 2014

1.0 out of 5 stars wrong format, Jan. 10 2014
I intended to buy a dvd but recieved a HD dvd which I cannot play. Still wondering what went wrong in the process.

5.0 out of 5 stars loved it, Dec 17 2013
Franca (Toronto, Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Transformers (Bilingual) (Widescreen) (DVD)
i loved wacthing transformers at the movies and now in the privacy of my own home, i hope there's another sequel to come.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great series, Sept. 4 2013
These movies are fun. Good for all ages...and unlike other movies that I enjoyed but then could never see myself watching again, I can see myself cracking open this set to view every now and again as time goes by.

4.0 out of 5 stars Yeah, July 31 2013
This is the best Transformers movie so far. Love the sound and picture. Not that really much special features on this though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love all the Transformer movies!, April 16 2013
As much as I did not think I would like any of the Transformer movies, I love them all! These are the movies that every once in a while you just have to watch, and even though you've seen it 50 times, it's still good!

5.0 out of 5 stars Transformers... Brings back good memories, June 10 2012
Leong KEN "Bookmeister" (Vancouver, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Transformers (Bilingual) (Widescreen) (DVD)
This is a great disc and it arrived in condition that was even better than that stated in the sellers description. Widescreen is the better choice i find personally for viewing movies as i find there are details missed in certain scenes when i get the fullscreen version but this is purely up to the beholder for overall viewing experience

1.0 out of 5 stars Not happy at all, Aug. 11 2014
Package was broken and disc was scratched! Not happy at all

2.0 out of 5 stars Empty calories are filling - Hollywood's fast food made movie, Dec 8 2007
Bruno Desjardins (Montreal) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Transformers (Bilingual) (Widescreen) (DVD)
I am stunned by the number of reviews saying that the movie is fantastic. Yes, the CGI is brilliant. But when I spend my dollars to 'see' a movie, I expect there will be a good story behind the visual effects. In this case, what you get is a succession of rapid-fire clichés that are so 'in your face' that it's offensive... The main character is not good at school, and dreams of a girl who goes out with the school's bully - a football player... And this under-achiever finally gets the girl... There are cool cars, and a cool car chase (not as good as the one in the second matrix movie though)... Can it get more cliché than that I ask you? And most adults and authority figures are stupid to say the least... Only the military guys are OK, figures since Bay has to take care of his good relations with the Pentagon since 'Pearl Harbor'... The US government hiring teenagers (because they're soooo coool?) to hack into the Transformers as if the Pentagon and CIA just could not figure out by themselves how to do that is another example of how completely ridiculous the movie is. It is so unbelievable that it can't be fun... There is no imagination whatsoever in this movie...

I'm not 15, and I don't expect movies to unfold like video games, so I hated this movie and almost stopped watching it after 40 minutes. When I returned the movie to the rental DVD club, one employee told me that most customers felt just like I did... But those customers, like me, were not 15...

In a nutshell, this movie is for young teenagers even though the Transformers are 20 years old... I'm not happy to say that this is probably one of the 3 worst movies I've seen in my life... It still gets 2 stars because of the visual FX, but I'm tempted to say that it deserves one at best...

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Transformers (Bilingual) (Widescreen)
Transformers (Bilingual) (Widescreen) by Shia LaBeouf (DVD - 2007)
CDN$ 15.99 CDN$ 8.99