5.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Mouse

Published on Jan. 18 2012 by ivica zivkovic

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Mouse, Feb. 6 2009
Larry (Chilliwack) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000 (Electronics)
This little mouse is just perfect for use with my laptop. Very precise movements. I put the 2AAA batteries in 3 months ago and frequently forget to turn off the little switch on the bottom, yet it's still working perfectly. Once I dropped the mouse on a ceramic floor and it burst apart! The battery compartment cover went flying in one direction and the batteries flew in two different directions. I screamed NOOOOOOO! Found the two batteries and put them in, put the cover on....and all was well! Sturdy little mouse. Enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000, Sept. 3 2010
This review is from: Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000 (Electronics)
The MS Bluetooth Mouse 5000 works well with my MacBook Pro and IBM ThinkPad. I recommend without hesitation this product. Only the battery supplied will not last long, have sets of AAA batteries always handy.

3.0 out of 5 stars The Good, the Bad but no Ugly, Jan. 18 2012
This review is from: Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000 (Electronics)
I currently own this mouse but not as a result from having purchased it through Amazon. I purchased this mouse from Amazon, initially, but had to return it due to the "back" button on the mouse being apparently dislodged. Amazon promptly replaced the item only for me to receive a second mouse with the same defect. The mouse is functional even with the dislodged button, but it is clearly derived from a manufacturer's defective batch and Amazon appears to have purchased the lot. The second mouse was returned as well.

As usual, Amazon provided great service and I have full confidence in the company as an online retailer but I question the quality of the products that get sold. Of note, is the fact that this mouse was being sold a bit cheaper through Amazon then at my local store. It may well be that due to this batch being a manufacturer's defective batch, Amazon sold them a bit cheaper.

As for the product itself, (now that I purchased one from my local store at the higher price) the bluetooth function connects easily to the Windows 7 operating system. This mouse has a handy on / off button (albeit miniscule) in order to save battery power. It is a nice compact size so good to carry with a laptop. The buttons themselves - when properly aligned and in place - are light to the touch and responsive.

Nice mouse but be careful what you buy. Sometimes, purchasing items when not previously inspected can be a disadvantage.

5.0 out of 5 stars Microsoft Bluetooth mouse for Android tablet, March 21 2012
This review is from: Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000 (Electronics)
I have an Acer A500 Android tablet which I use mostly by itself. Occasionally I need to do extensive work and I use the Logitech Tablet Keyboard for Android. I also found that for some things, using my finger or a stylus was not precise enough so I bought the Microsoft Bluetooth mouse. The mouse was intended for a Windows device but it works fine on an Android tablet. There were no instructions of course for pairing it with an Android device but after minimal fuss it paired and it just works. The most amazing thing was not the mouse but the whole Amazon experience. I went online on Saturday, Feb 18 and ordered it with the free non-urgent shipping included. I expected that it would arrive a week later which would have been OK. The Monday (Feb. 20) was a holiday in Ontario but Amazon was working and sent me an email saying that the mouse had been shipped. On Tuesday morning I checked the Canada Post website using the tracking number supplied by Amazon and it said that the mouse had been delivered. I do not get mail delivery to my door so I went to the mail box across the street and there it was. Delivery from wherever the Amazon depot is (Toronto area?) to Ottawa in less than 1 business day.
Thanks, Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Satisfied, July 26 2010
EH "Viking007" (Niagara Region, ON) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000 (Electronics)
I don't know why all mouse accessories aren't BlueTooth. They are so easy to link and use. No interference. No antennas to hassle with. I bought this one originally years ago and wore it out as I travel 200 days a year, as such I purchased a second mouse this time around. This unit is an excellent buy for travelers and home users.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good bluetooth mouse, Aug. 29 2013
Rosebud (Philadelphia, PA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000 (Electronics)
It is a late review. I brought this mouse 3 years ago. I have been very satisfied with this product. The mouse is small enough to hold in my palm to navigate with ease. However, people with large hand will find this mose too small. There has been no problem of pairing the mouse with the computer. However, there has been occasionally dropping of connection, though not very often. I have been quite happy with this prodcut. This mouse died exactly 3 years after my purchase, the time the warranty expired. Overall, it's a good bluetooth mouse. I am using the microsoft wedge now.

2.0 out of 5 stars not very good, June 22 2013
This review is from: Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000 (Electronics)
It stopped working after 6 months, do not buy. It worked well for the most part but did not work at points and would randomly stop working

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, Oct. 30 2012
This review is from: Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000 (Electronics)
Microsoft mice have been consistently decent quality. This mouse is a good travel companion for the tablet but due to its size may not be the most comfortable to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great compact mouse, Oct. 28 2012
This review is from: Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000 (Electronics)
This is actually my second Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000, my first one is already a few years old and still working fine. I use it with laptops with built in Bluetooth modules. I recently got another laptop with bluetooth therefore this was an easy choice for me to get another mouse. This saves from having to take up a usb port for a dongle. Mouse also has a thumb button for extra assignment which comes in handy. I did have a few occasions where the bluetooth would drop but it quickly reconnects when you open the mouse properties without having to re-pair, so it's not too much of a con for me. Great little product and would definitely suggest it to others.

1.0 out of 5 stars Can't scroll without accidentally click the center button, March 26 2012
This review is from: Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000 (Electronics)
Returned it twice because we tough it was defective at first. It turns out that there is conception problem with the scrolling wheel of this mouse. We can't use it without accidentally click the wheel (center button). It's more than annoying, the scroll wheel is unusable. It's pointless to have a mouse with an unusable scroll wheel.

Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000