4.0 out of 5 stars original music, July 14 2012
Mr. C. W. L. Day (united kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Riptide: Season 2 (DVD)
i too was dissapointed with the absence of the original music so i bought the complete series set from germany which does have the music

5.0 out of 5 stars riptide, March 3 2012
Kevin Haffey - See all my reviews
This review is from: Riptide: Season 2 (DVD)
the series was excellent . the seller was easy to talk too, and was willing to sell to me as a collecter of tv series with no problems . transaction went very smooth.

4.0 out of 5 stars Riptide -- Season Two, Oct. 30 2007
D. K. Gholson (Prospect, OH USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Riptide: Season 2 (DVD)
Ah, yeah -- the Boys of Riptide, back on dvd for Season Two. Anyone remotely familiar with this show knows it's full of great actors, babes in bikinis, fast cars, fast boats and one pink helicopter with a humongous gaping mouth.

Diehard fans, like me, remember it as one of THE best 'buddy' shows. EVER. So when I found out season two was available to pre-order, you bet I pre-ordered it. Even splurged for priority shipping. Amazon.ca? You guys ROCK! Released today, received it today.

Many fans of the show will probably be very disappointed because the music isn't what we remember. It's changed. No "Be True to Your School" on 'Be True to Your School'. No "Do wah diddy, diddy dum diddy do" on 'Catch of the Day'. No "Hey, Jude" on 'Prisoner of War'. Bummer? Absolutely. Some songs were strategically placed in the episodes and they're very, very missed. That's why I didn't give it 5 stars.

This diehard fan is disappointed, but having season two on dvd in crystal clarity and crisp sound more than make up for it. This fan is thrilled Season Two is out. This fan hopes like heck the third and final season will follow shortly from VEI.

Thank you, VEI and Amazon.ca for 'Riptide' on dvd!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Riptide Season 2, Nov. 7 2007
P. J. McPherson (Brisbane Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Riptide: Season 2 (DVD)
Riptide was and will always be my favorite all time TV series. I am also a diehard fan here. I already have season one. I feel like a teenager again. As mentioned in other reviews no original music. One of my favorite episodes is "Be True To Your School", without the original music "Be True To Your School" I found myself rather disappointed, that is why I can only give it 4 out of 5. On a brighter note though, picture and sound is fantastic. Just to have this series on DVD is a treat. Well done once again VEI and thank you for bringing this brilliant series on DVD. Two down and One to go, BRING ON SEASON 3.

Riptide: Season 2
Riptide: Season 2 by Rriptide Season 2 (DVD - 2007)
CDN$ 31.43