5.0 out of 5 stars Very Enjoyable
We just received this game two days ago and we completed our first game.

It's very fun, full of varied scenario to keep ourselves entertained, and overall a very very nice addition to settlers of Catan. While I hesitated to buy any expansion this game really converted me.

I didn't buy any other expansion yet but this expansion is really polished.
Published on Jan. 9 2011 by Esurnir

1.0 out of 5 stars Wasn't worth the money.....
Although I truly enjoy Settlers of Catan, I found that is this was add on that did not add to the enjoyment,
quite frankly, I'd call it, simply, " A money grab." The original game is certainly worth the money, though.

Sue
Published 10 months ago by Peter van Hoof

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Enjoyable, Jan. 9 2011
Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars :5.0 out of 5 stars
We just received this game two days ago and we completed our first game.

I didn't buy any other expansion yet but this expansion is really polished.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, May 24 2013
This review is from: Mayfair Games Catan Seafarers Game Expansion (Toy)
Great game play preserves the essence of the original game in the series. We have only had it for a month, and have played many, many times already.

5.0 out of 5 stars Adds more strategic elements and options!, May 2 2014
This review is from: Mayfair Games Catan Seafarers Game Expansion (Toy)
Really adds to the game! It's great! We played settlers so much that I was growing bored with it. Seafarers adds more elements and therefore requires different strategies!!

5.0 out of 5 stars It's Great!, April 13 2014
This review is from: Mayfair Games Catan Seafarers Game Expansion (Toy)
It is a great expansion pack with lots of options to play with with that all add a degree of fun to the game. Unfortunately mine was missing a crucial piece.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best expansion of the series, March 8 2014
Dr. Tim Parker (Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Mayfair Games Catan Seafarers Game Expansion (Toy)
If you liked Catan, you'll love it with Seafarers added in. Basically, instead of just a single land mass, you now have multiple land masses (islands) with water between them. You continue to build roads, but now have boats to expand the "road" across the water between islands. And of course there's a pirate to destroy your shipping route. While this might sound like it's just Catan with more land and water pieces just to change the road element up a little, in play the strategies are actually quite different and, for me at least, quite challenging.

After I got tired of basic Catan, the Seafarers expansion basically threw it all up in the air and presented a whole new game. Sure, the gameplay was pretty much the same, the new rules are easy to learn, but the strategy of what used to work no longer did, and that was the interesting part. My gaming group ended up playing Seafarers hundreds of times, always preferring it to basic Catan or all the other expansions (we have them all!). My favorite game continues to be Catan with Seafarers, allowing us to create small or large maps, nicely handle six players on the larger maps, and add a variety we never realized with the base game.

For me at least, Seafarers has become one of my top five games and I can't recommend it enough to fans of Catan who want just a little bit more...

1.0 out of 5 stars Wasn't worth the money....., Oct. 25 2013