5.0 out of 5 stars So much better than classes
Published on Feb. 29 2008 by learning yoga

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for beginners to yoga
I found this DVD a little bit advanced for me, I am new to yoga and was looking for more instruction than what was given
Published 20 months ago by Carolyn

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars So much better than classes, Feb. 29 2008
This review is from: Element Yoga for Beginners [Import] (DVD)
I've taken yoga classes, and I find this DVD to give an amazing workout that leaves every muscle relaxed, and eliminates all tension. The description of the techniques is better than any yoga class I've taken (even better than the TV shows). The workout is both simple and complex - simple in that the poses are mostly easy to do and are explained very well, complex in that holding the pose and really stretching can be challenging. Alternatives are given for those who are less flexible (like me). It's a great beginner's DVD and I'm looking forward to the next DVD and the next level.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great start, Feb. 27 2008
Lyra Tallis (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Element Yoga for Beginners [Import] (DVD)
I was a complete beginner at yoga and I got this DVD as a gift. It is a fantastic introduction to yoga. The instructor is terrific, she is very clear about the positions and how to modify depending on your flexibility. The pace is both accessible and a good workout and the flow is excellent. Another thing about the instructor is that she has a very calm and steady voice which is great for relaxation and the background music is equally good. My family likes to be around whenever I do it because they feel relaxed just listening in!
This is a great choice for an introduction to yoga.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best exercise DVD I've ever owned., Oct. 28 2008
Em (Toronto, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Element Yoga for Beginners [Import] (DVD)
Not only is she detailed,she has an incredibly calm voice, accompanied by wonderfully relaxing background music. I own pilates, belly dancing , bosu ball and several dvds in my exercise library for variety. This is simply the best and I am very keen to buy more of Elena's dvds.

5.0 out of 5 stars Right for me!, March 30 2012
This review is from: Element Yoga for Beginners [Import] (DVD)
To begin with I'm 57 and have had knee surgery in the past. Knee is still unstable and pains me. I have done basic yoga classes in the past at the gym. I loved this video because it is challenging (I do break a sweat) and yet it doesn't move between positions too fast. Elena holds the positions quite long which challenges the muscle. The stretches are very deep and good. She tells how to modify. I have found other yoga dvd's move way too fast and are up down, up down. And, have found any yoga weightloss dvd's too strenuous. It's 50 minutes long and the background scenery is beautiful as in all other Element dvd's. I have just ordered her a.m./p.m. dvd as they're a bit shorter (30 min) for days I have walked as well or just don't have as much time. Also for variety. Hope this helps :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Definitely for Beginners, April 8 2012
This review is from: Element Yoga for Beginners [Import] (DVD)
I was looking for more of a relaxed beginner type DVD to supplement my exercise routines. This beginners yoga DVD is great. It is low key, relaxing and the location is also calming. The moves are simple and easy to do. The instructor's voice is also very calming. So if you are a beginner, this is definitely for you.

4.0 out of 5 stars great DVD, July 12 2009
This review is from: Element Yoga for Beginners [Import] (DVD)
The instructor on this DVD is very good, with a very calming voice. She clearly instructs the participant on their next pose and reminds the participant on proper breathing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased, Feb. 27 2010
Sonia Miller (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Element Yoga for Beginners [Import] (DVD)
I am a beginner and this dvd was perfect. It really helps to eliminate or reduce stress, it makes your body more flexible and gives you energy. Very happy with my purchase, my only regret is that I don't do it often enough to reach the full benefit.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for beginners to yoga, Dec 10 2012
This review is from: Element Yoga for Beginners [Import] (DVD)

3.0 out of 5 stars Maybe a little bit too hard for a total beginner, Feb. 9 2013
This review is from: Element Yoga for Beginners [Import] (DVD)
On my first try, I found a little bit hard for me, some of the yoga moves looked like an intermediate level moves. But everybody is different, maybe not the suitable for me, but maybe suitable for someone else. So I think the product is OK.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, Dec 28 2012
This review is from: Element Yoga for Beginners [Import] (DVD)
Very well done, simple to follow, and enjoyable. I am a new to yoga and take classes once a week, this dvd is great for extra practice at home.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›