4.0 out of 5 stars Almost excellent.
Published 22 months ago by ht

1.0 out of 5 stars 14 months and it's broken!
It was so good when it worked. All of a sudden (14 months in) the display freaks out and makes no legible sense. I tried changing the batteries but that didn't do it. Never dropped it. Used it properly. Shame... and of course, beyond warranty! I would have recommended this product. Not so now.
Published 2 months ago by pollywog

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost excellent., Oct. 19 2012
ht - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: OXO Good Grips Good Grips Food Scale (Kitchen)
Near perfect for what it is, a light duty kitchen scale. My only complaint (though it really does annoy me) is that I find the display somewhat hard to read with the lighting in my kitchen. If I turn on the back-lighting on the display, it's excellent. Oxo has decided though that, in the interest of battery life, the back-lighting turns itself off after a minute or so and I'm rarely finished measuring when it does. Come on guys! Give me the choice of whether I want to use up the batteries and see what I'm doing or not.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent except for cleaning, Jan. 12 2011
This review is from: OXO Good Grips Good Grips Food Scale (Kitchen)
This is a very good scale. Easy to use and the fact that you can pull the visor out is super practical. The only downside is cleaning. The surface will look dirty with anything... But if you don't mind having to wipe it and dry it every time it's great!

1.0 out of 5 stars 14 months and it's broken!, June 2 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars kitchen essential, Jan. 5 2014
This review is from: OXO Good Grips Good Grips Food Scale (Kitchen)
I'm a professional pastry chef and I use this scale at home and at work. It measures weight within a gram. I consider it a kitchen essential. Weighing ingredients is more accurate than measurements using volume (ex. cups). Everyone in my family has one now. Fantastic!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little scale, Dec 5 2013
This review is from: OXO Good Grips Good Grips Food Scale (Kitchen)
Bought it after Cook's Illustrated recommended it and I'm very much enjoying it. I don't have all that much to say but it is fairly light, precise and ergonomic. Others have stated that the display is hard to read but I didn't have any such issues.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy and Accurate, Nov. 5 2013
This review is from: OXO Good Grips Good Grips Food Scale (Kitchen)
I felt the need to test the scale with various known weights. I tested both the high end of the scales limits and lighter items to verify its accuracy through out its range and it was bang on at both ends of the spectrum.

This is the first food scale I've owned and have nothing to compare it too but I wouldn't hesitate to by this item again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best rated scale for good reason., March 10 2013
D. W. Jenkins "Renaissance Man" (Toronto, ON) - See all my reviews
This review is from: OXO Good Grips Good Grips Food Scale (Kitchen)
This scale is as good as it gets. The design is awesome, performance easy and flawless. Not inexpensive mind you but this is one of those instances when you truly get what you pay for. If you rely on an accurate food scale to make your kitchen creations total perfection, this scale will not let you down.

2.0 out of 5 stars Display stopped working properly after very light use., Aug. 18 2014
Justin Nielsen (Surrey, British Columbia, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: OXO Good Grips Good Grips Food Scale (Kitchen)
After less than a year of very light use the display no longer works properly. It's not a battery issue, they simply only display half of the numbers on the screen making it impossible to display properly.

Given the price i expected more.

That being said, it got 2 stars because when it did work i had few complaints about it. It'd be nice to get decimals on gram measurements but other than that it performed well until the above issue.

1.0 out of 5 stars Faulty Digital Screen, July 24 2014
This review is from: OXO Good Grips Good Grips Food Scale (Kitchen)
I've had this scale for about 1.5 years and it worked great during that time. However, the display screen is faulty now and I can't read anything legible on it. This scale was purchased after the recommendation from Cook's Illustrated. I've tried changing the batteries and it continues to show the same unreadable screen. I wish I'd known about this problem before I bought it! Buyer Beware!

3.0 out of 5 stars Display didn't last, but great customer service!, Aug. 5 2014
This review is from: OXO Good Grips Good Grips Food Scale (Kitchen)
As with other customers the display stopped working after six months. Amazon customer service put me in touch with the Canadian distributor right away and I just received a new scale. Hopefully this one will last!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›