march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage snsflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store Tools Registry sports

Format: DVD|Change

on October 12, 2010
I only give this set of 3 seasons, 4 stars, because season 3 has been very disappointing. There must have been some bad acid going around Hollywood in 1974, because the writers, directors & production team really sucked! Season 1 is the best. Season 2 was pretty good although it too had a few poor episodes. Season 3 is the reason there was no season 4. At this point, to be honest, I have only watched half of season 3, but I am in no hurry to watch the balance as almost every episode so far has been ridiculous.

Well I just finished watching the last episode. The second half of season 3 was better than the first half, in my opinion. However, on discs 3 & 4, the episodes Barbary House, Flight to Orion, The Brothers Caine and Full Circle, should have been the final episodes, but they are not. After Caine has found & re-united with his brother and extended family, there are 3 more episodes, one of which makes a reference to Caine's search for his brother, which is very strange. I now question the accuracy of the episode air dates. During one episode in season 3, during a flashback to his youth at the temple, Caine and his Master discuss Caine's blood brother, but Caine didn't even know he had a brother until he came to America. Very stupid script in that case. A special feature on disc 4 is really good - David Carradine makes a trip to China, with some friends, and visits a Shaolin temple.
on September 14, 2014
As with TV Series it was great and as the seasons developed it began to change momentum and the writing was not so hot at the end.

The concept for the TV Series was an original idea by Bruce Lee who expected to play the role but the "studio bosses'" at the
time did not want an "Asian/Oriental" as a lead character thus replacing him. That is when Bruce Lee decided to move to
Hong Kong and start a fantastic movie career.
on March 29, 2014
loved this as a kid and love it now, it brought back so many great memories and the quality of the DVD is perfect.
on October 5, 2010
rather than getting into the debate over the issue of Bruce Lee vs David Carradine,i will just try to add my thoughts on the merits of the show itself.firstly,i think it's quite well done for it's time(1972).i didn't find it slow.it moves along at a decent enough pace.the action scenes (and by that,i mean the martial arts scenes) aren't overdone,or hokey.the acting is actually very good.Carradine is convincing.his speech pattern fits very well for his character,and he has a calmness and charisma about him.plus the show has a positive message.Kaine only fight when he has to and all life is sacred.each episode contains flashbacks showing the younger Kaine learning other important life lessons,as well.for me,"Kung Fu" is a 4/5
on October 26, 2015
A family favorite. I am glad that I can share a program that I enjoyed as a child with my son.
on July 13, 2010
This was one of the best presented series I have ever purchased. Color, clarity, sound, all top line. For those of us that recall the series, as I did, you will be as thrilled as I was with every episode. The kids will love it if they will set through the first episode.
on January 17, 2012
The product came properly packaged and in excellent condition. The DVD's were the same boxed set shown online and were exactly what I was looking for. Thank you.
on January 13, 2015
Perfect quality
on May 30, 2015
Brings back old memories--still good stories; good color also.
on October 13, 2015
We loved the show so we ended up buying it.Glad we did!!