5.0 out of 5 stars Newhart-season 1, May 30 2008
This review is from: Newhart: The Complete First Season (DVD)
I have been waiting for this to come out and was not disappointed. Bob Newhart has the gift of dry humor, each member of the cast is amazing in their roles! The only thing I didn't like is that it came to an end. Waiting for the next season.

5.0 out of 5 stars Newhart - best sitcom of the 1980s, March 8 2008
Quinn (Alberta, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Newhart: The Complete First Season (DVD)
I have waited a VERY long time for this sitcom to finally come out on DVD. This is a very funny show; Bob Newhart and the cast (Larry, Darryl & Darryl come to mind) make it an excellant sitcom of the 1980's. Laidback and a dry sense of humour. I can't imagine why it would take so long to get this series started onto DVDs. A couple of minor quibbles; I would have preferred if the theme song would be played when you are on the main menu. When I started watching the show, they have changed the font of the onscreen credits. Again a minor detail but I liked the way the word Newhart appeared when it comes up at the beginning of the show. Probably just me but I give this show five stars without question.

5.0 out of 5 stars Waiting for more seasons?!, Sept. 5 2008
S. Azer - See all my reviews
This review is from: Newhart: The Complete First Season (DVD)
This is one of the most funny shows in history - Please release the remaining seasons!

Note that seasons are also missing for the Mary Tyler Moore and Bob Newhart shows.

4.0 out of 5 stars Still A Terrific Show, Oct. 27 2011
I used to watch this show all the time when I was a kid (what kind of 10 year watches a sitcom about a psychiatrist?). But coming back to the series on DVD, I was pleased to find that it held up well. The characters are still entertaining and the situations are funny. There are some anachronisms that are amusing to watch, so it appeals to me on a lot of levels. Now I have to watch the 1980s Newhart Show and see how that holds up.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun!, April 10 2011
R. MacIvor (Belleville, Ontario) - See all my reviews
Who doesn't like Bob Newhart? This dvd shows the beginning episodes of his series as a psychologist. Once we've enjoyed this one, I'll have to go looking for the series at the Inn in Vermont!

4.0 out of 5 stars Newhart: The Complete First Season, May 21 2014
This review is from: Newhart: The Complete First Season (DVD)
I have always loved this show. Also liked his first series. I really do love his dry sense of humour.

5.0 out of 5 stars old is not always bad, March 6 2014
This review is from: Newhart: The Complete First Season (DVD)
I have always enjoyed Bob Newhart's way of delivering humor, and this was no exception. It's old humor, but still makes you laugh, a simpler time, with no foul language, usually had a lesson in there somewhere.

5.0 out of 5 stars very funny, Jan. 30 2014
This review is from: Newhart: The Complete First Season (DVD)
I think Bob Newhart is hysterical but this show in particular was my favorite. Glad I found it...now I just have to wait for the other season to come down in price

5.0 out of 5 stars This program is addictive, July 23 2006
bernie "xyzzy" (Arlington, Texas) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
Whether this is your first time or you are purchasing old times, this series is a lot of fun to watch and afterwards speculate on what the outcome would be. Many short programs have created a situation and solve it all in the span of the episode. Where as the Bob Newhart show many times steps right into the middle and does not necessarily wrap up all the loose end.

I am not convinced that the episodes are in the correct order. It seems strange that Fly the unfriendly skies would be the first episode as it does not really introduce the characters or give much of a background. I also notice that Suzanne Pleshette's hair style keeps changing back and forth.

Something strange that I have not been able to figure out is why every time Bob comes home and Margaret Hoover (Patricia Smith) is just leaving he just says "Hello Margaret" in a deadpan voice without looking at her.

One of the main things that add to the viewing comedy is the nuances and glances each character gives each other.

5.0 out of 5 stars Always quality always fast!, Aug. 29 2014
This review is from: Newhart: The Complete First Season (DVD)
Always a super fast ship, consistently good products!

Newhart: The Complete First Season
Newhart: The Complete First Season by Will Mackenzie (DVD - 2008)
CDN$ 21.98 CDN$ 19.51