countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more scflyout Home All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

Format: DVD|Change

on March 8, 2008
I have waited a VERY long time for this sitcom to finally come out on DVD. This is a very funny show; Bob Newhart and the cast (Larry, Darryl & Darryl come to mind) make it an excellant sitcom of the 1980's. Laidback and a dry sense of humour. I can't imagine why it would take so long to get this series started onto DVDs. A couple of minor quibbles; I would have preferred if the theme song would be played when you are on the main menu. When I started watching the show, they have changed the font of the onscreen credits. Again a minor detail but I liked the way the word Newhart appeared when it comes up at the beginning of the show. Probably just me but I give this show five stars without question.
on May 30, 2008
I have been waiting for this to come out and was not disappointed. Bob Newhart has the gift of dry humor, each member of the cast is amazing in their roles! The only thing I didn't like is that it came to an end. Waiting for the next season.
on September 5, 2008
This is one of the most funny shows in history - Please release the remaining seasons!

Note that seasons are also missing for the Mary Tyler Moore and Bob Newhart shows.
on April 29, 2015
One of my favorite shows growing up, found it didn't quite stand up to re-viewing. My wife lost interest almost immediately, so didn't make it past first few episodes myself. Pioneering in it's day, just we've come to far since.
on October 8, 2014
I really REALLY like that series. Even though I like the other Seasons, the first one is my very favourite one.
The humour of that series set in a great old inn placed in a beautiful Vermont cannot be compared to any of the other comedies. It is amusing , yet with a touch of rest (for me anyway ) 
I watched the whole season and had no problems with any of the discs.
on March 6, 2014
I have always enjoyed Bob Newhart's way of delivering humor, and this was no exception. It's old humor, but still makes you laugh, a simpler time, with no foul language, usually had a lesson in there somewhere.
on January 30, 2014
I think Bob Newhart is hysterical but this show in particular was my favorite. Glad I found it...now I just have to wait for the other season to come down in price
on March 9, 2016
Really enjoying the blast from the past. Still funny as it was. Looking forward to picking up subsequent seasons!
on May 21, 2014
I have always loved this show. Also liked his first series. I really do love his dry sense of humour.
on April 10, 2011
Who doesn't like Bob Newhart? This dvd shows the beginning episodes of his series as a psychologist. Once we've enjoyed this one, I'll have to go looking for the series at the Inn in Vermont!