5.0 out of 5 stars A moving meditation!
"Qigong for Stress Relief" is an excellent introduction to the ancient Chinese form of exercise and self-healing. I knew very little about this somewhat daunting and strange practice, yet was doing the exercises in about 30 minutes.

Published on Jan. 26 2007 by Bruce

3.0 out of 5 stars Good intro, short video
I like the simplicity of the exercises but I found the video too short and would have enjoyed another more complex routine to balance the simplicity.
Published 18 months ago by Paka

5.0 out of 5 stars A moving meditation!, Jan. 26 2007

The simple stretching and breathing movements have been around for thousands of years and they definitely work! I got results right away. After just one session of "Rolling the Ball" the tension in my shoulders significantly decreased. My posture also improved almost immediately. I have a sense that the exercises go far deeper than simple aerobics. In fact I was so impressed with this DVD and the instructors that I quickly bought "Qigong Beginning Practice."

I sit going to and from work. I sit all day in front of a computer. I sit for two hours or so each night in front of the television. Because of this sedentary lifestyle I didn't always feel physically healthy yet wasn't up to doing vigorous activity such as jogging or weights - been there done that. I also practice an excellent meditation that is great for stress but I don't always want to sit to meditate. I sit enough!

Qigong (Chee Gung) is the answer. It is a gentle moving meditation that works the body, mind and spirit. The 10 exercises on this DVD are absolutely spot on. I highly recommend this DVD.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good intro, short video, Jan. 22 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for Stress Relief, May 3 2010
Shelley Lynne Domingue (Toronto, Canada) - See all my reviews
I do this DVD every night before I go to sleep. I find that it gives me a more centred, grounded calm during the day. I love it because it is quick and easy to fit into my day. It's only 24 minutes and the work out is so easy going it's amazing to think how little work I have to do to get calm.

I will be ordering more copies to give as gifts.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, not super value, Nov. 21 2008
Darlene Dyck - See all my reviews
I was looking for a good intro to qigong and found this to be a bit thin. It has a homemade video feel to it and does not seem to be professionally produced. Still, it was ok but just not good value as I feel I need more so am still looking for something with more exercises, chapters and information.

Qigong for Stress Relief - DVD
Qigong for Stress Relief - DVD by Gaiam/Francesco Garripoli/Dais (DVD - 2008)
CDN$ 14.99