5.0 out of 5 stars Real back care
I have ordered many yoga DVDs looking for one that would stretch and strengthen, rather than stress and strain my back. This is the best one that i have found. This DVD truly helps a sore lower back. My only complaint is that it is only 20-25 minutes, i would prefer it to be longer.
Published on Feb. 10 2009 by Krista Burke

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the original
I was disappointed in this DVD. I also own Rodney Yee's first back care workout "Back Care Yoga for Beginners" (1998, VHS), which is much better. "Yoga for Back Care" relies too heavily on props, moves very slowly, and doesn't cover enough poses. If you're looking for a good back care workout, go back to the original tape.
Published on April 9 2003

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Real back care, Feb. 10 2009
Krista Burke (Quebec Canada) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, Dec 22 2011
This review is from: Yoga for Back Care - DVD (DVD)
I am 6 weeks post back surgery. I was in desperate need to find something for stretching my back and hip muscles. I had Spinal Stenosis and a Herniated disc for almost a year, which resulted in severe hip and leg pain. As a result I had limit mobility. I received the DVD two days ago and have used it once a day since. I found the stretches perfect, because I am still in pain from the operation didn't find the poses strenuous or hard to do. My back feel much better after doing the video, and hoping to eventually get back into regular yoga. The DVD is not for intermediate or advanced people who practise yoga, but perfect for those who have dealt with chronic or severe back pain. I would recommend the DVD to anyone!

4.0 out of 5 stars Too rushed!, Oct. 17 2010
This review is from: Yoga for Back Care - DVD (DVD)
Recovering from a back injury, this DVD provides for fluid movements to stretch and strengthen your back.
Rodney's voice and demeanour evokes sure peace and tranquility; I only wish is could be longer or contain more work-outs. I found the poses rushed and not as deliberate as they could be. Instead of inhaling and exhaling peacefully, I found myself forcing my breaths in and out in order to keep up with his pace.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the original, April 9 2003
By A Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally exercise that doesnt flare up my pain!, Nov. 25 2013
Trent Darcy (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
I love this program! I had a failed lumbar back surgery in 2011 and have had very bad sciatica for more than 3 years now. This is the first exercise that I have been able to do that does not make my sciatica worse (and that includes a year of physio!).

I wholeheartedly recommend this product for those with low back pain and/or sciatica. I may not be able to do all the poses exactly right yet - I am unable to straighten my left leg and have horrible flexibility in my back atm. But I am confident that with regular practice this will happen eventually.

I can already tell that this practice is strengthening those all important core and back muscles - something those of us with back problems need to reduce pain and prevent further injury. Talk to your doctor first - and then buy this DVD. You will be happy you did!

5.0 out of 5 stars Yoga Journals back care, Sept. 23 2013
Bought for my daughter as a gift as she has ongoing back problems. Her feedback to me is that it is a really good back yoga dvd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gentle and Excellent, March 11 2003
By A Customer
I checked here for reviews before buying this. There weren't any, so I took a chance. I'm glad I did. And since no one else has posted a review, I finally decided to in case anyone else would like a user's opinion. When I first tried this routine, I didn't think it was going to do much. It is very conservative. But it is also very safe. It avoids some of the front bending and stretching postures that can be dangerous for low back problems. Yoga Journal's routines often go in and out of postures faster than I like, and at first I wasn't sure I liked that aspect of the routine either. Ater doing this routine for about a month, though, I can say that my low back discomfort has eased off greatly. This DVD gets the credit. It is an excellent combination of equalized stretching on both sides of your body, plus relaxation for your upper and low back. The entire workout runs nearly an hour, which I don't always have time for. But it is broken into three segments, so you can do one or two only. Still, make the time for the full routine if you can. It's worth it. You don't need to do it every day. A few times a week has been enough for me to feel the benefit. Finally, the setting is beautiful, the production quality is high, and Rodney Yee is a pleasant presence (important for something you listen to over and over again). I highly recommend the DVD for anyone looking for back-related flexibility, relaxation, and restoration.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy., June 23 2014
This review is from: Yoga for Back Care - DVD (DVD)
Can't do a lot of yoga since I have arthritis in hips and back. This one is doable. Rodney also talks about posture and chair stretching with yoga. Very informative. I would recommend any of his videos.

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit dissapointing, April 29 2014
This review is from: Yoga for Back Care - DVD (DVD)
My back actually felt better after the exercises, however the video felt just a tad rushed.
It was also EXTREMELY short!!
There is one short routine, and its very quick and feels like you're being rushed through it.
BUT, I did actually feel better after the routine. Glad i purchased it but wish I had just a little more value.

5.0 out of 5 stars well designed and easy to use, March 27 2014
This review is from: Yoga for Back Care - DVD (DVD)
I had used previous DVDs from Gaiam and had loved them. This one is no exception. It allows me to perform the yoga exercises without having to worry about the more difficult poses and yet give me the major benefits of the program.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Yoga for Back Care - DVD
Yoga for Back Care - DVD by Gaiam/Rodney Yee (DVD - 2008)
CDN$ 14.99