biss boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: DVDChange

TOP 500 REVIEWERon March 4, 2009
I've done a lot of Yoga dvds over the years and I'm always looking for something new but I keep coming back to Rodney Yee. Easy to follow instruction, beautiful scenery, soothing music and a great workout. How can you go wrong?

This dvd features 5 all new (not re-worked from other workouts) 20-25 minute long routines. As stated in the title they are meant to be done in the "A.M" I however did the routines at night. Usually before I went to bed as a way to unwind at the end of the day. This worked especially well because each workout has a short relaxation segment at the end.

This is also wonderful for people like myself who don't have a lot of time or struggle to get motivated for a one hour workout. Everyone can find 20 minutes somewhere in their day to join Rodney in Glen Canyon Arizona, on a beautiful sunny day for a little Yoga.

DVD includes five 20-25 minute workouts. Full or minimal instruction (great feature)
Standing poses, Twists, Backbends, Forward bends, Hip openers.
A 10 minute interview with Mr Yee.

Namaste
0Comment39 of 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 22, 2009
We have used Rodney Yee's "Yoga for Beginners" for a few months. It has two excellent (approx. 20 min.) routines. We wanted another tape with more/different routines. This tape "A.M. Yoga" has five good (approx. 20 min.) routines. They each concentrate on one group of Yoga exercises (e.g. twists, back bends, etc.). We find them useful (& would recommend the tape to other fans of Rodney Yee). However, we do prefer the original two "Yoga for Beginners" routines because they are a mixture of exercises & seem to flow better than the five on this tape that concentrate on one type each. This tape also requires a strap & a block that did not come with the tape. The "Yoga for Beginners" does not require anything additional (besides a yoga mat).
on April 29, 2013
I bought this looking for a thorough but quick workout to fit into my mornings. The timing of each workout is great, but each one is very different, so if you aren't doing other yoga workouts regularly, you may not see much progress since it would be at least 5 days between workouts if you follow the 5 day plan. Also, it is not quite as vigorous as the other Rodney Yee DVDs I have done in the past. Again, if you are using it as a companion program, I think it is good, but not enough for a total workout plan.
on August 24, 2015
very different from his previous work. i like how he goes into detail to protect the back. each day is detailed for a specific theme. for example, back bends, or twists, hip openers. it helped my hip heal and knee. i teach and have been practicing and repetitive poses have strained some areas... this cd, is great because it demonstrates the proper areas to focus on to achieve the result, and not hurt yourself.
on April 18, 2014
I am a fitness pro and I have recommended this DVD to many of my clients and all of them have really liked it. It's not only an easy to follow format, but is a lot of fun. It's a fantastic intro to yoga and well suited to busy people without a lot of time.
on July 25, 2011
This is a great daily yoga practice. There are 5 options that you can select from and choose. Once you have chosen between back or forward bends and twists, etc. there is a great 15-20 minutes practice that is comprehensive and easy to follow. Each begins with a warm up and has a relaxation at the end. Poses are well instructed and explained and held for an appropriate amount of time. The setting is beautiful Arizona and the music is relaxing so the DVD is very well thought out. This DVD has really improved my yoga practice and made me much more flexible.
on December 28, 2015
I owned a copy of this DVD and loaned it to my sister who loved it so much, she didn't want to return it so I ordered a new one for myself. It's a really good yoga DVD with the best yoga DVD instructor, in my opinion, Rodney Yee. The workouts are short (20 to 25 mins each) and just because it says AM Yoga, you can totally do them anytime.
on August 23, 2013
Good range of different areas of focus. Liked the concept of doing a different part of the body each day. Not invasive or too difficult to do. It's possible to get out of bed, change into your stretchies and move into this DVD within 10 minutes. I also really like the few minutes of relaxation at the end. Great start to the day!
on February 3, 2016
The instructions are clear, terse, at times poetic. Not too much distracting talk. Beautiful scenery and thorough, workouts that I can use to warm up and tone up from my dance practice. Overall the dvd was excellent and I would like to purchase more of Yee's yoga offerings.
on December 4, 2011
This DVD is awesome! Broke down into 5 sections so you can choose what you want to stretch that morning! Great buy!

update: I have owned this dvd for 1.5years now and it is still my favourite!