march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage snsflyout Kitchen Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: DVD|Change

TOP 500 REVIEWERon April 7, 2013
The Darjeeling Limited is my favorite Wes Anderson film made so far.

It's naturally created in that same Wes Anderson style that his fans have grown to love, adore, and become kind of addicted to.

The Story of 3 brothers, with 3 very different lives and personalities coming together one year after the death of their father. They have not seen or spoken to each other since the funeral, until they reunite on a train travelling through India called the Darjeeling Limited.

The story takes us on a comedic yet emotional journey through India as the 3 brothers try to once again connect with one another as brothers and to search out the mystery as to where there estranged mother has disappeared to.

Each brother plays a role. The Leader, The Lover, And the Follower of dreams.

The film opens up with a featurette called "Hotel Chevalier" which acts as a prologue to The Darjeeling Limited. In it, Jack's (Jason Schwartzman) ex-girlfriend (Natalie Portman) turns up unexpectedly at his hotel room in Paris, and they spend the night together.

The film will make you laugh, it will make you cry, it will make you a little angry...but in the end you realize what this journey of 3 brothers was really about......Love & Friendship.
on July 31, 2013
I watch a lot of movies and when I saw the cast I was like , why not. I love everything about this movie, where should I start. The cinematography is fantastic, covering many different landscapes as the characters travel India. The music is simply perfect for the movie, I cannot imagine other choices for the scenes sometimes I still feel like I'm in the movie when I hear the songs. The character development is my favourite part about this movie, you get to see the characters grow and develop as the movie progresses and you end up with really lifelike and raw characters that are really the crowning achievement of this fantastic film. Definitely take time to watch this one, and then pick up your own copy.
on January 3, 2014
Gets better with more viewings. Beautifully curated soundtrack with songs taken from Bollywood movies. I wish I could buy the brothers' luggage! Adrian Brody looks super gorgeous throughout. Bit of a slow paced movie but more focused than some of the larger ensemble cast Anderson films.
on March 30, 2013
Strange, weird, hilarious.
Humor along the same lines as the Royal Tenebaums and I Heart Huckabees. Watched it multiple times and it still makes me laugh.
on May 28, 2012
This was a great product with one short film and another longer movie. They were both connected and made it fun to watch.
on January 12, 2013
Wonderful movie, if you likes Bottle Rocket, A Life Aquatic, or Rushmore you will love this movie. A wonderful adventure and journey.
on June 11, 2014
huge Wes Anderson fan love all of his movies except Bottle Rocket this one is quirky but very enjoyable as is all of his movies
on November 14, 2015
Good movie but just not for me. I enjoyed the life aquatic and the grand Budapest hotel by the same directir
on October 27, 2014
The film is great, but the case this came in is of the cheapest variety. Also, the disc skipped.
on November 5, 2014
Received it quick...excellent movie...definitely one of Wes Anderson's best.