5.0 out of 5 stars Secret of Mana Reborn?, June 29 2009
Shades (Regina, Sk, Canada) - See all my reviews
Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates (Video Game)
It is very difficult for me to find a game I like. Square created Secret of Mana in the early 90s and I have been unable to love another game since. Of course, no other game has been comparible.

While this game is far from how amazing Mana was, it is very much along the same lines that made Secret of Mana so fantastic! I traditionally dislike Final Fantasy games based on the combat system, but this one flows much closer to what I'm used to.

It's colorful, it's fun, it's adorable, and the characters are all actually likeable! Another first for Final Fantasy for me.
I think it's awesome.

If you were a fan of Secret of Mana and you're looking for something similar (albeit nothing will ever be as good), you might want to give this a try.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very fun, April 13 2009
Elvick (British Columbia, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I had tons of fun with this game. The story was quite interesting, which was surprising. The gameplay is good, not perfect. Since magic is limited and cumbersome to actually use. Especially stacking magic, which I still have issues with.

It is surprisingly short however. Which was disappointing. There is a multiplayer mode, which is separate from the single player mode. Of which, you can play solo if you want. You get to create a bunch of characters and level them separately, but it's not fun alone. It's very fun to play locally with friends.

It's a solid game and worth a purchase if you like a good hack and slash RPG.

ARRAY(0xac61e438)