5.0 out of 5 stars Les Miserablles
This Concert from Royal Albert Hall is one fantastic DVD - and what a great venue.
I actually prefer it over the live stage production I originally saw.
The characters in costume are superb, the Choir great as well as the Orchestra.
It is a very emotional performance.
The lyrics, subtitled, are a great asset.
This is my favourite musical of all...
Published on Dec 25 2010 by Robert The Bruce

2.0 out of 5 stars ordering on line
this was my first time ordering through Amazon , service was great .
Had been searching for this particular DVD for quite sometime. A friend hooked me up.
But the DVD "Les Miserable" is damaged in at about the half way point , it gets distorted.
Don't know how to return .....don't want the cost ...won't take the time.
I guess over all , will not order...
Published on Feb. 12 2010 by Anne E. Blackmore

5.0 out of 5 stars Les Miserablles, Dec 25 2010
Robert The Bruce (Vancouver BC Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Les Miserables (DVD)
I actually prefer it over the live stage production I originally saw.
The characters in costume are superb, the Choir great as well as the Orchestra.
It is a very emotional performance.
The lyrics, subtitled, are a great asset.
This is my favourite musical of all time. It is " A MUST HAVE " if you like Les Mis.
The additional DVD, explaining the musical's evolvement & history is also very informative.
I GIVE THIS A 5 STAR PLUS RATING ! - GO FOR IT !

5.0 out of 5 stars Les Mis in Concert...Dream Cast, Aug. 22 2011
This is the most wonderful DVD I've ever bought. The concert at The Royal Albert Hall was breathtaking, spellbinding, brilliant.
With the best ending ever.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best purchase ever, Oct. 28 2012
This review is from: Les Miserables (DVD)
This DVD is amazing! Aside from the best musical out there, the talent in the cast is unreal. The back up singers are better than some other productions leading characters.

It also was delivered the next day!

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING, Jan. 4 2010
John M. Barnard (ST JOHN'SNL. CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Les Miserables (DVD)
I REMEMBER SEEING THE ORIGINAL TV SHOW SEVERAL YEARS AGO IT WAS WONDERFUL THEN NOW I HAVE A COPY FOR MYSELF I AGAIN REALIZE ONCE AGAIN THAT THIS PERFORMANCE IS AN ALL TIME GREAT. A REAL MUST HAVE !

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb!, Aug. 14 2011
This review is from: Les Miserables (DVD)
I was lucky enough to see live performances of Les Mis at the Royal Alex theatre in Toronto many years ago. Colm Wilkinson was a galvanizing Jean Valjean. The show was electrifying then, and, watching this DVD I was transported back to the look, feel and sound of the live production. We get occasional glimpses of the sets that were nothing short of breathtaking. Who could forget the appearance of the barricade from out of nowhere? If you've not seen a live performance, this DVD will provide the gift of the magnificent score, performed superbly. If, like me, the musical is one of your all-time favourites, this is a wonderful DVD to add to your collection to view whenever you want to re-live a beautiful moment in time.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best DVD of Les Miserables, April 27 2014
This review is from: Les Miserables (DVD)
This is a perfect addition to my collection. I did receive this DVD well before April 25, 2014. I was very pleased with the price - it was good since it is a collector's edition. This DVD is well worth the money for the pleasure and joy it brings every time we watch it.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best of Les Mis, Feb. 11 2014
This review is from: Les Miserables (DVD)
Turn up the sound, sit back and be generously entertained. The best actors in this performance. Number one in my video library.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous., Jan. 19 2014
This review is from: Les Miserables (DVD)
This production takes me back to the two live performances of Les Mis that I enjoyed immensely.
When I took my teenage son to see it. His word upon leaving... AWESOME!
Thank you Amazon for having it available.

5.0 out of 5 stars May it go on for another 25 years, Dec 7 2013
This review is from: Les Miserables (DVD)
Amazing CD. Great voices; can bring tears to your eyes and give you shivers. In response to Superb, Michael Burgess played Jean Valjean at the Royal Alex all those years ago while Colm Wilkinson played the quintessential Phantom of the Opera at the Pantages. I saw both shows more than 15 times and am still stirred by both musicals; they never cease to entertain, stir your senses and break your heart. I DID see Colm Wilkinson once on the stage at the Royal Alex as Jean Valjean in a special performance and he was amazing then too. There was (I am not sure if you can still get it) a recording with Michael Burgess of songs from the Canadian Les Miserables which I have and which was brought out after much clamouring from Canadian audiences...I wish they had allowed them to record the whole show it is only a short cd. I also have the Original Canadian cast of Phantom of the Opera with Colm Wilkinson and recommend it to anyone who loves musicals. It is outstanding. His vocal range is amazing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must Have!, Aug. 5 2013
This review is from: Les Miserables (DVD)
This is a wonderful concert that showcases the beautiful pieces and vocals of an all-star cast of Les Mis!!! I can't stop watching this wonderful DVD and I'm sure that those who gets this will be over-the-moon with their brilliant purchase!

Les Miserables
Les Miserables by Various (DVD - 2008)
CDN$ 43.98 CDN$ 29.62