Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage giftguide Kitchen Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Tools

on January 20, 2012
Bad: Maybe I had bad luck. The second time I used the grill, one of the hinge fell off. The grill plate can be taken down by a little more effort.

I don't like the non-stick plates since I have to be careful when I use it.

Good: Foods are cooked evenly. Love it.
on December 4, 2011
This grill works as described. I haven't used the griddle yet but the grill makes great panini sandwiches and pork chops. More importantly, at least to me, it made a perfectly grilled ribeye in 6 minutes.
on April 3, 2011
I decided to purchase this Griddler when it went on sale for $209.00. I am SO happy I did and my family uses it every day- So far we have made delicious paninis and quesadillas on the contact grill, and pancakes and french toast on the griddler. My only complaint is that I'm not sure that the griddle plates distribute the heat very evenly. When we made the pancakes, only certain parts of them browned up. I haven't thrown out my old griddle yet because I think I may still want to use it for pancakes.
on August 23, 2012
This is a great griddler, easy to use & best part, easy to clean. The plates can be removed which makes clean up easy. I also purchased the waffle plates & had success on my first batch. The plates are easy to change. I had read some reviews where people advised the plates did not fit well but I did not have this problem.

I did a lot of research before purchasing this griddler & I am not disappointed. Amazon had the best price too.

Love this griddler.
on January 19, 2012
I absolutely love my Cuisinart Griddler. I used to have the George Foreman Grill, I always wanted one of the Cuisinart ones. It works so great, I can make any size sandwich of any thickness I want, and it cooks it just great, without squashing it like the Foreman Grill. It does all sorts of things, plus I ordered the Waffle Plates, which work just great. I have used it just about every day for something or other. I just love that the plates come off, and can go in the dishwasher also. The clean up is nothing. I keep it sitting right on my cupboard, it looks really nice also, and so quick to use. I reccomend this product to everyone, you will just love it!!!
on December 19, 2014
Nice griddler and panini maker. Heats fast, temperature seems to be very well and evenly distributed throughout the plates. I'm not sure I understand the difference between setting the degrees temperature on one side vs the "low, medium, high" on the other side, but I've used both (depending on what the recipe called for). I really like the reversible plates and the fact that they are removable. Allows me to cook a wider variety of foods and clean up is much easier.

I only wish the plate surface area was a little bigger. It's sufficient for 2 people, but for 4 people it would not be sufficient to do everyone's meal at the same time. Also, I wish the top plate raised a little higher, which they could probably do by making the thick wire at the back (connecting the two halves) just a half inch longer. I've had trouble getting some of my big paninis on ciabatta bread under there.

However, overall I like it and am happy with it. We've been able to eat new foods I've never been able to make before, and I would purchase it again. I bought it on sale and consider it good value for money at the sale price. I'm not sure it would be worth it at full price.
on August 24, 2013
I used to have a grill with non-removable plates and I never wanted to clean it, that was a pain. This one is impressive. Removable plates makes it easy to clean. 2 sided plates makes it versatile and you can use it as a traditional grill or you can completely open it for a cooking plate. You can do whatever you want with that little thing. I even find it better than a non-stick pan on the stove because you can precisely select the degree you want and it will keep it. It will not become too hot and burn everything if you let it wait a bit too long before you put your food in it. That's a big point for me because i'm a very absentminded person. Also, the cooking is even, which is very good. The grease tray is under the grill (it was on the side with my ancient grill and it was annoying). So maybe the price will stop you, but I've had it for a couple months and I'm not regretting it. Sometimes you have to pay a little more for good brands and Cuisinart won't let you down on this.
on January 26, 2012
we use it for panini, grill cheese sandwich, and even fan fry egg, very useful! use it every week

and it's also very easy to clean
on January 11, 2015
I bought this for my sister last last Christmas since she's living away from home and Amazon has free shipping (makes my gift giving easier!). She uses it almost daily and makes everything from sandwiches to grilled chicken with it. She loves it and says it cooks the chicken much quicker than baking it. It also gives it a nice brown. The removable plates make it easy to wash. I went to visit her last summer and she says the plates are now harder to wash, I assume because the nonstick finish is wearing off? It was also the first time I saw the grill. It was smaller than I thought. I have a breville smart grill at home, and I just sorta assumed its about the same size. This griddler is a good size for one to two people I think. The breville definitely looks sturdier. The grill plates are also much shallower than the breville. I understand why it's about 1/3 of breville's price. But my sister really likes it and after a year, the grill is still working well.
on April 19, 2015
I bought one of these for the first time almost 8 years ago and loved it. Used it for everything from pancakes to grilled salmon. Worked great. Says you can use the dishwasher on the remove able plates but it wore the finish off too quickly making it less non-stick. Bought a second machine when I moved to Europe and loved it just the same. Bought a third unit when moved to yet another country with different electrical currency and was disappointed. It started making strange buzzing sound within the first week of use and the heating elements didn't seem to work equally. Returned it with no difficulty but the replacement was not much better. No buzzing but the heating elements are not equal. One side barely cooks the food while the other is working but only when turned up almost to the highest setting. Perhaps manufacturing has changed since they were first on the market?