4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product with 2 minor flaws
I have made many items with my new griddler since recieving it - grilled provolone on gluten free sour dough, Pesto grilled chicken breast with smoked gouda on gluten free rolls, grilled pork chops, grilled chicken, grilled bell peppers and onions, bacon and grilled burgers as well as using the griddle for gluten free pancakes and eggs. I prefer grilling my gluten free...
Published on March 8 2012 by Cocoabear

1.0 out of 5 stars stopped working, waranty does NOT include shipping! Cheque required for return.
I loved this item and recommended it to my friends and family. I have had it less than a year and it has stopped working. The company says I should ship it to them and they will fix or replace it. However, I am to pay for shipping and include a check for return shipping. Is it reasonable to have to pay, when a product is defective after less than a year? I think not.
Published 12 months ago by thumbelina

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 415 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent grill, Dec 4 2011
This review is from: Cuisinart CGR-4NC Griddler (Kitchen)
This grill works as described. I haven't used the griddle yet but the grill makes great panini sandwiches and pork chops. More importantly, at least to me, it made a perfectly grilled ribeye in 6 minutes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not on the Cheap, Sept. 19 2011
This review is from: Cuisinart CGR-4NC Griddler (Kitchen)
I read the relevant reviews and noted that most dissatisfaction was with 'Griddlers' in the lower price range and therefore selected the CGR-4NC Cuisinart. I'm a Senior, live alone and haven't the aptitude to cook a steak in a pan to my satisfaction. The Cuisinart Grill solved the problem on the first attempt. To retain the non-stick surface and simplify clean-up, I soak the cooking plates before washing. A Panini has become a typical lunch, fast and easy with superb results using my new appliance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!!!, Jan. 19 2012
This review is from: Cuisinart CGR-4NC Griddler (Kitchen)
I absolutely love my Cuisinart Griddler. I used to have the George Foreman Grill, I always wanted one of the Cuisinart ones. It works so great, I can make any size sandwich of any thickness I want, and it cooks it just great, without squashing it like the Foreman Grill. It does all sorts of things, plus I ordered the Waffle Plates, which work just great. I have used it just about every day for something or other. I just love that the plates come off, and can go in the dishwasher also. The clean up is nothing. I keep it sitting right on my cupboard, it looks really nice also, and so quick to use. I reccomend this product to everyone, you will just love it!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing performance, April 16 2014
This review is from: Cuisinart CGR-4NC Griddler (Kitchen)
The reason for buying this product was a desire to have an indoor grill for grilling steaks on rainy days. It did not get hot enough to sear the steaks, no matter how thoroughly dried with paper towels, so they come out cooked rather than grilled. The upper grilling plate does not snap in place easily and often comes loose on one side. It may be fine for pancakes, but \i would not recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good appliance. Does the job. Could be improved a little., Dec 19 2014
This review is from: Cuisinart CGR-4NC Griddler (Kitchen)
Nice griddler and panini maker. Heats fast, temperature seems to be very well and evenly distributed throughout the plates. I'm not sure I understand the difference between setting the degrees temperature on one side vs the "low, medium, high" on the other side, but I've used both (depending on what the recipe called for). I really like the reversible plates and the fact that they are removable. Allows me to cook a wider variety of foods and clean up is much easier.

I only wish the plate surface area was a little bigger. It's sufficient for 2 people, but for 4 people it would not be sufficient to do everyone's meal at the same time. Also, I wish the top plate raised a little higher, which they could probably do by making the thick wire at the back (connecting the two halves) just a half inch longer. I've had trouble getting some of my big paninis on ciabatta bread under there.

However, overall I like it and am happy with it. We've been able to eat new foods I've never been able to make before, and I would purchase it again. I bought it on sale and consider it good value for money at the sale price. I'm not sure it would be worth it at full price.

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job but not great, Oct. 29 2013
BigOnFitness - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Cuisinart CGR-4NC Griddler (Kitchen)
OK, I did read the reviews prior to buying and saw the reviews that said that plates are not that scratch-proof or not that easy to clean. But I ignored those reviews as I am not very picky. However, the reviewers who mentioned it were absolutely correct - a fall onto the tile floor leaves a surface scratch that voids non-stick plate status and the plates don't get properly cleaned in the dishwasher. No, it is not my dishwasher and I wash the plates as soon as I finished grilling. You would have to wash plates by hand to get them clean. It is a big deal if you have arthritis hands and it is a big deal if you prefer putting everything into dishwasher, switching it on and forgetting about cleaning. These are not my major disappointments, however. The primary flaws that I see in this grill are:

- uneven heating across a plate and
- uneven heating(different temperatures) between upper and lower plates

Thus, you end up checking and moving the grilled food - otherwise one side will burn, the other side will be undercooked. As you do keep opening the grill, the plate temperature drops, so meat for example is not grilled/tastes as good as it would be if it was not touched in the process...I am talking about using the grill closed, i.e. grilling with both plates from both sides. If this grill was sold at under $50.00, you might be more agreeable to its drawbacks, but at this price, I would recommend to look for something better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product!, Jan. 31 2011
This review is from: Cuisinart CGR-4NC Griddler (Kitchen)
I've made pancakes on the griddle and pork chops on the grill and plan to make paninis for lunch today..product heats evenly and quickly, and the plates are very easy to remove and insert, and they are very lightweight. Washed them in the dishwasher, no issues. Great buy!

3.0 out of 5 stars This looks great and is very versatile I just wish when I ..., Oct. 4 2014
This review is from: Cuisinart CGR-4NC Griddler (Kitchen)
This looks great and is very versatile I just wish when I use it flat (like a griddle) that the heat was more even. Pancakes are ready to flip in one area but not another. I still use it and prefer it over a frying pan for certain cooking.

4.0 out of 5 stars Verry usefuff and easy to clean, Nov. 3 2013
This review is from: Cuisinart CGR-4NC Griddler (Kitchen)
I like it very much, could be use for many dish. The price is good, the only place I find under your price is Costco but they do not keep it all the year only in Christmas time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cuisinart Griddler is a winner, Oct. 13 2013
Sarg jr (chwk BC Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cuisinart CGR-4NC Griddler (Kitchen)
bought this to replace our old grill....bought it based on the positive reviews, and cause there r only 2 of us. this grill is awesome! it makes the BEST sandwiches & panini's. it is easy to clean, the reversible grills r great...this unit doesnt just looks good, it is well built, it feels and looks like a quality, well built sturdy unit...the grills fit in the dishwasher easily...though it basically wipes clean and hasnt really needed the dishwasher.
love the ability to control the temperature. it gets hot enough to sear steaks to!
dont know what else to say except you wont be sorry as long as u arent buying with the expectation that u can cook for a large family all at once with this. it will hold 2 steaks, sandwiches or chicken breasts, but no more then 2 items at a time unless they are small pieces. also this price is super, seen it for more at cosco so buy with confidence

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 415 | Next ›