summer boutiques-francophones Learn more snsflyout Furniture All-New Kindle sports Tools

on May 27, 2015
I've been running these nailers in 16ga and 18ga versions for many years as a professional carpenter on large commercial jobs. These nailers have served SERIOUS heavy duty work in heavy duty environments for many years. I've had to repair both on one or two occasions but considering the hundreds of thousands (literally) nails they've fired while in my hands, I'm continually impressed by their robustness and performance. Alas, nothing lasts forever... I am now ordering a new one to replace my old and very-beat-up 18ga that needs to be retired.

During that same time I've also had PASLODE gas operated nailers in my arsenal. If you're reading this review and trying to perhaps decide between this and the PASLODE, the gas gun only does one thing better: it drives the nailer cleaner into a tidier (smaller) hole with less bounce. Other than that, you have to buy gas (duh) and keep the paslode guns VERY clean. Service and maintenance with those guns is an absolute priority, they're simply not as rugged as the dewalt. If you're a pro and you're carting these around for daily use in dusty dirty environments and your stuff gets tossed around, its a no-brainer: get the DeWalt.
on July 3, 2012
I bought this brad nailer because I am expecting to be installing a lot of baseboards and shoe moldings in the next few months. I first looked at the air compressor/nailer combo route, but decided against it since I recently helped a buddy install baseboards and I just couldn't stand the vibration and noise while doing the work and the hose always got in the way of things. Anyways, I installed shoe moldings in the basement following installing laminate flooring and this thing is portable and yet very powerful. I charged the 18 volt XPR battery in about an hour and sunk almost 75 nails without this baby even hicuping. I am especially impressed with the light weight and the control of the firing mechanism. I like the idea of having a light available when you depress the trigger so that you can see where your firing a nail in lower lighting conditions. Once you go cordless you never go back!!!
on February 17, 2014
I have a small closet interior company and use the tool every second or third job. It works perfectly for me and is much more portable than a compressor and hoses.
on February 27, 2014
Works like a charm, easy to load, very easy to unjamb. Lasts a long time on a charge. Great buy.
on November 16, 2015
I had read a review from a woman carpenter and I wanted to make sure that it was not too heavy for me. It's been great. I use it all the time and the battery does last a long time. Having a second battery would be great but it's nice to take a break after 4-5 hours of work!
on January 3, 2016
So convenient! I replaced my pneumatic brad nailer and love it. Minor complaint is that it's a bit bulky/heavy, but this is far overshadowed by the convenience of not having to drag an airline around with you. Seems every bit as powerful as my pneumatic nailer so far.
on July 9, 2014
I received this nailer a week ago. Since that time I have done a number of furniture and trim projects, along with some playing around with scrap pieces of wood.

Pros:
I've shot about 1200 nails ranging from 5/8" to 2" and haven't had a single mis-fire or jam.
The product feels very well build and solid
The magazine is quite large and reloading is very fast.
I was impressed with how it works well at any orientation

Cons:
The gun is a bit on the heavy side. It is very manageable with one hand, but if I was working overhead all day with it my arm would probably start to get tired.
The top of the gun, and the gun itself is a bit bulky. It's fine if you're wide open, but I wouldn't plan on using inside a cabinet or in tight spaces.

Overall a great product in my mind and it's a dream not having to drag a hose around. I gave it five stars because my cons are more for information for people on what they are getting into. I don't think the cons are reflective of the quality of the product, but the nature of a cordless nailer
on January 24, 2016
Great, used it for nailing baseboards and door trim. No jams, only gripe is that it came with a broken charger. Took it to a dewalt repair place and they swapped it for a better model no questions asked
on December 30, 2012
This nailer is a powerful must have tool for every handyman. You can't beat this price which included 2 batteries and a carrying case. The free shipping was an added bonus. Received it in 2 days.
on December 14, 2012
My husband is finishing our basement and wanted a cordless brad nailer. He absolutely loves his new toy and almost has the basement finished now. The product and delivery were exceptional.