5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely The BEST show on!, March 1 2004
"peteofcanada" (Toronto, ON Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Shield: Season 2 (DVD)
The Shield is arguably the best Cop Drama show on the Cable! It has become so popular in Canada they have added a 2nd. slot for it and rerun the past episodes on Saturday nights 10 PM and new episodes on Sunday nights 10 PM. For those of you in Canada you can watch it from CH which is broadcast coast to coast.
I watched NYPD Blue for a little while but it was so lame I didn't even follow one season.
This is QUALITY TV! thumbs up and way to go FX and the cast and crew of The Shield!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best show on cable?, Feb. 20 2004
This review is from: The Shield: Season 2 (DVD)
I watched The Shield one night on FX after hearing some good news. I was amazed. I then watched almost all of season 1 and got the DVD set of Season 1 for christmas. I finished it and was sproud to be a fan of it. I told my friends. I got season 2 and it was even better. There is a great blend of drama and action with the money train and Mackey's family. I cant wait for season 3 on March 9th im expecting great things.

5.0 out of 5 stars HOT -The Best Show on TV, Feb. 3 2004
This review is from: The Shield: Season 2 (DVD)
The second season of The Shield was HOT!. I loved every minute of it. If you like on the edge drama, this boxed set is for you. I have passed it on to friends who love it as well! BRAVO to Michael Chiklis-he's the best!

5.0 out of 5 stars About as far away from "The Commish" as you can get, Feb. 2 2004
Hinkle Goldfarb (R.R. 1 Highway 162, Butte City, California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Shield: Season 2 (DVD)
Other folks have given you a great rundown on Season 2. I'll just add that this is the best show on television. I've loved Chiklis in everything from "The Commish" to "Murphy Borwn," but he has found his true calling here. Wow!

5.0 out of 5 stars What can I say? The Best TV series ever !, Jan. 24 2004
This review is from: The Shield: Season 2 (DVD)
This series is absolutely the best I've ever watched on TV and I'm so happy it's available on DVD. What makes it so great? It's intense style and gritty flavor. 2002 Golden Globe winner for Best TV series drama. This is an adult drama that doesn't hold back, not for kids. This is TV at it's finest, movie grade quality. Long live "The Shield". The third season starts tuesday march 9th, 2004 (on FX)... Rock on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best show on TV period., Jan. 24 2004
This review is from: The Shield: Season 2 (DVD)
The Shield is a great series. It's the number one show in my opinion. The style is controversial and violent. It also has great acting and interesting plots. I love everything about The Shield! I'm so happy it's on DVD, I'll be buying every season and looking forward to the new season starting soon on FX. Highly Recommended!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't stop watching, Jan. 20 2004
This review is from: The Shield: Season 2 (DVD)
I watched all 13 episodes in about 2 nights. Enough said.

5.0 out of 5 stars only 5 stars? where is 7 or 8, Jan. 18 2004
P. Clark (San Antonio, Tx United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Shield: Season 2 (DVD)
There is nothing I can say about The Shield that hasn't already been said by all of the other reviewers. This is and continues to be the greatest show on television. I am not going to right a long review like all of the others did. They have said it all. There are just not enough stars for The Shield. I have been hooked from day one and obviously I'm not the only one. Don't look at these reviews and think that this show is like all the others, because it's not. You can't miss The Shield.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every Penny & Then some!, Jan. 16 2004
John Downing (San Diego, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Shield: Season 2 (DVD)
I hate TV. I love The Shield. After reading the review written by "A Viewer from LA", I can't add anything more than to say this; if you are going to buy one DVD this year, buy The Shield!
I rarely watch TV and never watch reruns, yet I find myself returning the The Shield S1 and S2 DVDs every month or so. The show is so simply extraordinary that each viewing brings a new layer of excitement and enjoyment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Throw out your tapes!, Jan. 13 2004
This review is from: The Shield: Season 2 (DVD)
You've seen the plots recapped by other Amazon.com reviewers. You've read that the acting, the music, and the writing are brilliant. Maybe you've even caught some of the repeats on TV. You're fast becoming a hardcore fan of The Shield, but you have one question: Is the Season 2 DVD set worth the money?
The answer is yes, not only because the show is brilliant, but because, with this set, you'll get insight into what makes it brilliant. The Shield Second Season is packed with commentary and special features. Season 1's deleted scenes were interesting. Season 2's 38 deleted scenes include some that are so rich with character and detail that you'll feel frustrated over their deletion. Remember the gas station attendant (with the "fingerprints" on the $3 change) from Season 1's "Cherrypoppers" episode? He's back again in Season 2', working his clueless magic at the Toys for Guns drive in a deleted scene from "Carte Blanche", and he is not to be missed.
In the Writers' Roundtable (accompanying the chilling "Homewrecker"), the writers are candid about Season 2's highs and lows, and fans will appreciate their honesty. Elsewhere in the Writer's Roundtable, you'll hear about two of the show's most beloved recurring characters, Connie the hooker, and Tio the drug dealer, and why the writers handled them the way they did. Fan questions from the official message board are answered by the Director's Roundtable. "Wrap Day" features some humorous moments as the cast rings the curtain down on Season 2. Aspiring TV/film crew members are sure to be fascinated by the special features in which the set designer, sound crew, and editors have their say.
The most entertaining feature, hands down, is the commentary over "The Quick Fix", featuring Emmy and Golden Globe winning star, Michael Chiklis; Shield creator and exec producer, Shawn Ryan; and able co-star, Benito Martinez.. The easy rapport between these three makes for commentary that is non-stop funny and insightful. The three could have filled every commentary-free episode with anecdotes and insights, and I wish that Fox had let them do it. By the time the closing credits roll, you get the sense that Chiklis, Ryan, and Martinez have much more to tell us. I hope the powers that be at Fox will bring this fascinating trio back for more than one commentary track on the Season 3 DVD. It is a thrill and an honor to listen to them talk about their work.
The fate of every show hangs on its star, and the enthusiastic Chiklis gives us proof positive that Season 3 will be the best ever. After listening to him, hardcore fans and everyone else will be gnawing their fingernails and waiting on the edges of their seats for Season 3. The Shield is the most brilliant show on TV, and it's only gonna get better.

The Shield: The Complete Second Season (Sous-titres français)
CDN$ 26.99 CDN$ 14.83