4.0 out of 5 stars Very well made
Although the computer graphics are showing their age (show made in 2006), the content is excellent. Based on experts in their fields this show explains what may happen if humans where to disappear. From 1 day to 10,000 years we are shown what occurs to cities, structures and wildlife. Learned a lot of interesting facts. Happy about my purchase.
Published on March 31 2012 by Martin

3.0 out of 5 stars THE GOLDEN AGE OF COCKROACHES
Published 11 days ago by THE MOVIE GUY

4.0 out of 5 stars Very well made, March 31 2012

3.0 out of 5 stars THE GOLDEN AGE OF COCKROACHES, April 16 2015
THE MOVIE GUY "Movies from A to Z" (United States) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Life After People (History Channel) (DVD)
It looks like the History Channel got some new software they wanted to try out. Most of what they have to put out is remedial: metal rusts, plants grow in odd places, and cockroaches adapt. Some of what it has is dumb speculation designed to generate interest and ratings such was gliding cats. I didn't find it well researched. It gave you the impression that if people suddenly were rapture, nuclear power plants would quietly shut themselves down without incident. What happens to all that hot spent fuel in the crowded pools once those cooling water pumps are turned off? We know the answer to that.

The film speculates that all the metal and concrete cities would be destroyed by fire without firemen, but then show how they would crumble due to rust and then grow up to be highrises for cats. Clearly they were pulling stuff out of their butts, saying whatever sounded good at the time. The filming at Chernobyl was boring and lasted way too long and they didn't have a clue as what to do about zoo animals.

This looked more like a seventh grade science report then something serious. It is a fluff piece for the enjoyment of the mindless masses.

The extras on the DVD is "The Making of..."

Plot Spoiler: The world is better off without us.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, Nov. 19 2009
This review is from: Life After People (History Channel) (DVD)
This is great. Although I subscribed to the actual TV show after catching this on TV, I find the movie to be better than the series.

If you ever wondered what the world (earth specifically) might look like without us around, this is a good start!

5.0 out of 5 stars Life After People, Jan. 6 2013
Phyllis Neubuhe-Fjeld (Prince Albert, Saskatchewan, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Life After People (History Channel) (DVD)
Everyone who would watch this would be intrigued by how
things would be if we were not here any more.
It's very eye opening !

2.0 out of 5 stars This is not season one but just an overpriced overview of the series, Jan. 27 2011
When I complained, they just sent me another one of the same. I sent it back unopened like an e-mail has told me to do. I expected a refund, even e-mailed them saying where is my refund, they haven't given it to me or a response for that matter. I did eventually buy season one on DVD which they didn't have on blueray.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, Aug. 15 2014
intriguing

5.0 out of 5 stars Great kick off to the series, Oct. 28 2010
This review is from: Life After People (History Channel) (DVD)
It was great to see on the history channel. Now I have it and seen it again, I am proud to have ordered it.. My friends also enjoyed it

Life After People (History Channel)
Life After People (History Channel) by David de Vries (DVD - 2008)
CDN$ 22.99 CDN$ 20.44