march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: DVD|Change

on March 31, 2012
Although the computer graphics are showing their age (show made in 2006), the content is excellent. Based on experts in their fields this show explains what may happen if humans where to disappear. From 1 day to 10,000 years we are shown what occurs to cities, structures and wildlife. Learned a lot of interesting facts. Happy about my purchase.
It looks like the History Channel got some new software they wanted to try out. Most of what they have to put out is remedial: metal rusts, plants grow in odd places, and cockroaches adapt. Some of what it has is dumb speculation designed to generate interest and ratings such was gliding cats. I didn't find it well researched. It gave you the impression that if people suddenly were rapture, nuclear power plants would quietly shut themselves down without incident. What happens to all that hot spent fuel in the crowded pools once those cooling water pumps are turned off? We know the answer to that.

The film speculates that all the metal and concrete cities would be destroyed by fire without firemen, but then show how they would crumble due to rust and then grow up to be highrises for cats. Clearly they were pulling stuff out of their butts, saying whatever sounded good at the time. The filming at Chernobyl was boring and lasted way too long and they didn't have a clue as what to do about zoo animals.

This looked more like a seventh grade science report then something serious. It is a fluff piece for the enjoyment of the mindless masses.

The extras on the DVD is "The Making of..."

Plot Spoiler: The world is better off without us.
on November 19, 2009
This is great. Although I subscribed to the actual TV show after catching this on TV, I find the movie to be better than the series.

If you ever wondered what the world (earth specifically) might look like without us around, this is a good start!
on January 6, 2013
Everyone who would watch this would be intrigued by how
things would be if we were not here any more.
It's very eye opening !
on February 16, 2016
Interesting "What If " program. Watched a few times now, and will see again.
on January 27, 2011
When I complained, they just sent me another one of the same. I sent it back unopened like an e-mail has told me to do. I expected a refund, even e-mailed them saying where is my refund, they haven't given it to me or a response for that matter. I did eventually buy season one on DVD which they didn't have on blueray.
on August 15, 2014
intriguing
on October 28, 2010
It was great to see on the history channel. Now I have it and seen it again, I am proud to have ordered it.. My friends also enjoyed it