5.0 out of 5 stars A lot of talent and a lot of emotion..., March 5 2004
Chad Brendan Fogelberg (Longmont, CO United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wolfheart (Us Vers) (Audio CD)
This is a superb release that mixes dark Gothic Metal with a bit of death metal. It is better than most CDs in this genre. This is the debut album from this Portugese band. It is for people who like Paradise Lost, Tristania or any heavy Gothic Metal band. It truly has a spine-chilling amount of emotion and rage. Moonspell have done better in their first album than many bands could ever hope to do in their career. This is now one of my favorite CDs. You will not be disappointed by this album. If there was ever any question that Gothic Metal is turning "weak," one only needs to look to this stalwart. Granted, this is the best of their CDs, but their new CDs aren't mediocre by any measure either.

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh..My...God!, Jan. 16 2004
Rachel (Bored in Bend) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wolfheart (Us Vers) (Audio CD)
This is one of the best albums I have heard in my life. Fernando has the voice of an angel! There aren't words to describe this! Dark, powerfull, beautiful... This is pure ear-candy! Even the subject matter for some of the songs, which I would normally find extremely cheesy, this is still an incredible cd.

- Wolfshade (A Werewolf Masquerade) - 5 stars -
A song about werewolves. Fantastic vocals..Angry and passionate
- Love Crimes - 4 stars...compared to the others, nothing is standing out.
- ...Of Dream and Drama (Midnight Ride)- 5 stars - I like the piano solo, and the vocals are incredible.
- Lua D'Inverno - 3 stars - No vocals, very peaceful and slow.
- Trebaruna - 3 stars - Viva! In Fernando's native tonguw (I assume)
- Vampiria - 5 stars - Ahh. Vampira! About (can we guess?) Vampires. Slow spoken and sinister. Yummy.
- An Erotic Alchemy - 10 stars - This is the most beautiful song I've ever heard. The cd is worth it for this song alone.
- Alma Mater - 5 stars - This is an angry heartfelt song about Fernandos "mother tongue".
If you like black metal at all this is a must have!

5.0 out of 5 stars These guys rock., Dec 14 2003
This review is from: Wolfheart (Us Vers) (Audio CD)
I ended up getting this album quite a while back. I was impressed with what I heard. There are definitely some memorable tracks on this album that still haunt me even till today, despite the fact that i've not listened to this piece of work in a long time. I got the pleasure of seeing them live last month. I believe they did better than Type O Negative and Cradle of Filth, and the funny part was, MoonSpell was the head-liner and only did 4 songs! Go out and buy this album.

Wolfheart (Rm)
Wolfheart (Rm) by Moonspell (Audio CD - 2012)