4.0 out of 5 stars Works Fine with Windows 7
Published on Oct. 7 2010 by Fab

3.0 out of 5 stars No sound generation. A little more difficult to set up then reported.
Works fine once set up. No sound on board or generated throug the PC speakers makes it hard to know what connection you have made on the other side. For my application its critical so the modem needs to go back:(
Published on Aug. 26 2012 by Vic

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Works Fine with Windows 7, Oct. 7 2010
Fab - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
Ce commentaire est de: US Robotics 56K USB Modem Windows Mac Linux (Personal Computers)
After reading several reviews I was skeptical any USB modem would work with Windows 7 64-bit. Since US Robotics showed a Win7 64-bit driver on their website, I downloaded it and purchased this modem. When I received the modem, I installed the downloaded driver and discarded the CD which was included with the modem. Driver installed, modem connected, device was recognized and works perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars USR 56K Modem for Mac, Dec 13 2010
These are incredibly good quality usb modems.
Instantly turns your mac into a fax machine.
Simply print a file and choose the modem as the printer.
Type in the fax number and it's done.

5.0 out of 5 stars I can't believe it works on Windows 7 64 bit OS and with a pulse phone line!, Nov. 3 2010
A relative got as a gift, a new laptop with Windows 7 64 bit OS without an internal modem. He relies on a modem suitable for a pulse phone line for his internet and email access. We purchased this modem from Amazon then realized that the instructions did not cover Windows 7. The software downloaded from the CD worked to a point but it would not let us finish the installation as noted by one of the other reviewers. So, we had to use a wireless internet connection in order to download the installation software from the USRobotics site. We tested the modem on a line with tone and it worked fine. But when we tested the modem on the pulse line it didn't work. We contacted USRobotics, who promptly replied with a simple solution and it works beautifully. Yippee!

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great (except for two little nits), May 3 2010
The USB modem works fine.
My minor problems were:
1) Installing under Windows 7 is a pain in the butt. I expected the dialog to give me a chance to specify the CD as the source for install. After running around in circles for a while, I found another place to (successfully) do the install. This is more a problem with Windows 7 rather than the device itself.
2) For whatever reason, the USB modem is not recognized sometimes at startup - maybe not enough power to the port(?). In any case, unplug/replug enables the modem. Again not really a problem with the device itself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product., Sept. 15 2012
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
I already have a fully functioning printer and scanner so did not want an all in one machine but I need to send faxes now and then.. Bought this for my 2006 Mac Pro. I plugged it into a USB port , connected a phone Iine and the Mac recognized it straight away. I can now send and receive faxes . It works.

5.0 out of 5 stars US Robotics 56K, Sept. 20 2011
Living in the country there is little choice other than dial up for connection. I got a new Mac with Lion operation system. The Robotics is the only one I could find that was good enough for my connection. It works great, I am very happy with it. Apple should let customers know that it is available. When I called an Apple store about it they stated that there was nothing that would work.

5.0 out of 5 stars US Robotics 56K USB Modem, July 16 2010
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
I normally have high speed wireless conection but and also have access to free dial up while traveling. As there is no modem in my laptop this little modem works like a charm.

5.0 out of 5 stars US Robotics Modem, May 14 2010
J. Walsh "jfwnfo" (Niagara Falls ON) - See all my reviews
This modem works well on my older PC. It is fast, portable and a pleasure to use.

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, July 4 2014
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
It is sometimes work and sometimes doesn't so 50/50.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fax modem for my Mac Pro, May 2 2014
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
It is work as expected, easy installation and so far no issue. SW came with it is OK as well. no complain

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›