countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon October 7, 2010
After reading several reviews I was skeptical any USB modem would work with Windows 7 64-bit. Since US Robotics showed a Win7 64-bit driver on their website, I downloaded it and purchased this modem. When I received the modem, I installed the downloaded driver and discarded the CD which was included with the modem. Driver installed, modem connected, device was recognized and works perfectly.
on November 3, 2010
A relative got as a gift, a new laptop with Windows 7 64 bit OS without an internal modem. He relies on a modem suitable for a pulse phone line for his internet and email access. We purchased this modem from Amazon then realized that the instructions did not cover Windows 7. The software downloaded from the CD worked to a point but it would not let us finish the installation as noted by one of the other reviewers. So, we had to use a wireless internet connection in order to download the installation software from the USRobotics site. We tested the modem on a line with tone and it worked fine. But when we tested the modem on the pulse line it didn't work. We contacted USRobotics, who promptly replied with a simple solution and it works beautifully. Yippee!
on December 13, 2010
These are incredibly good quality usb modems.
Instantly turns your mac into a fax machine.
Simply print a file and choose the modem as the printer.
Type in the fax number and it's done.
on May 3, 2010
The USB modem works fine.
My minor problems were:
1) Installing under Windows 7 is a pain in the butt. I expected the dialog to give me a chance to specify the CD as the source for install. After running around in circles for a while, I found another place to (successfully) do the install. This is more a problem with Windows 7 rather than the device itself.
2) For whatever reason, the USB modem is not recognized sometimes at startup - maybe not enough power to the port(?). In any case, unplug/replug enables the modem. Again not really a problem with the device itself.
on September 20, 2011
Living in the country there is little choice other than dial up for connection. I got a new Mac with Lion operation system. The Robotics is the only one I could find that was good enough for my connection. It works great, I am very happy with it. Apple should let customers know that it is available. When I called an Apple store about it they stated that there was nothing that would work.
on September 15, 2012
I already have a fully functioning printer and scanner so did not want an all in one machine but I need to send faxes now and then.. Bought this for my 2006 Mac Pro. I plugged it into a USB port , connected a phone Iine and the Mac recognized it straight away. I can now send and receive faxes . It works.
on July 16, 2010
I normally have high speed wireless conection but and also have access to free dial up while traveling. As there is no modem in my laptop this little modem works like a charm.
on April 12, 2013
Unfortunately this modem doesn't work with my new (2012) Macbook Pro. I knew that Mac doesn't manufacture modems for their newer models (not many people are still on dial-up). But I had read a review online that said this modem would work fine. Not so! While I can get on-line with it, it's so slow as to be unusable - very much slower than my ancient iMac with built-in modem.

I live in the country where high speed internet is still not available, so to use my computer on-line I have to drive into town where I can access WiFi. Bummer!
on January 6, 2013
Excellent product and excellent technical support from US Robotics. Wish they would coordinate support for software as for new users, I did not get any help aas it became a matter of operating system versus modem support.
Performs a bit slower and no obvious indication that documents have been completed ( faxed)
But works fine otherwise.
on September 22, 2015
Works exactly as required. Works without providing audio tones through a speaker, which saves the user from having to listen to those noises; which is OK given that it works, but means less feedback that thinks are progressing as they should. Status messages in the Windows dialer do provide evidence that the fax gets sent successfully.