summer boutiques-francophones Learn more snsflyout Home All-New Kindle sports Tools

Format: Audio CD|Change

I really liked Waiting for My Rocket to Come (2002) and Mr. A-Z (2005), and after waiting three years, it's finally time for more Mraz

This is a great album filled with a mix of rhythms for any musical taste, and he had me hooked from first single "I'm Yours", a fun, reggae-based summer-ready track, with lyrics like:

"Well you done done me and you bet I felt it
I tried to be chill but you're so hot that I melted
I fell right through the cracks
and now I'm trying to get back
Before the cool done run out"

After that, try "Lucky" featuring Colbie Caillat, a breezy mid-tempo number that's extremely addictive. I have it on "repeat" as I type this. These two songs alone make the album worthwhile.

Also recommended are "Make it Mine" (jazzy with horns); "Butterfly" (funky, more horns); "Love for a Child" (soaring chorus, nice melody); "If it Kills me" and "A Beautiful Mess".

To quote from the ballad "Details in the Fabric" (with James Morrison):

"Hold your own
Know your name
And go your own way"

Let's hope Jason Mraz keeps on holding his own, and that we don't have to wait another three years for another album. Recommended to buy (not steal).

Rated: 4.5 stars

Amanda Richards
on August 12, 2008
I wouldn't say this is the best of jason mraz's work because that wouldn't be fair to his other great albums. But there are a couple songs that really stand out, and those are "a beautiful mess" "love for a child" and "if it kills me." Of course this album has everyone's favorite summer song, "I'm yours."

They're songs that are definately addicting, the kind you can listen to over and over again. The lyrics are poetic and thoughtful as always, and the price amazon has it out for is a huge bargain.

if you've never heard mraz's music, you don't know what you're missing out on. this album will have you hooked.
on November 9, 2008
Absolutely the best CD ever! You will listen to it over and over, and anybody you play it for will love it. It is so relaxed and happy. You need to buy it and you will feel great every time you listen to it!
on December 20, 2011
I read somewhere that someone thought Jason Mraz was the best singer-songwriter of our generation, and I would have to agree. Solid performer with an amazing voice and amazing technique. I feel so honoured listening to his music and watching him perform.
on August 3, 2011
Jason est un homme ax multiples talents, il nous charme par sa voix et s'amuse avec la musique. Il va du Pop au folk soul./ Jason charm us with his voice and has fun with the music, he goes of the Pop to the soul folk songs.
on September 8, 2014
Great sons. Fast shipping.
on January 16, 2016