5.0 out of 5 stars A delightful animated masterpiece!!!!
Published on June 22 2004 by Mark Twain

3.0 out of 5 stars High-Ho!!!
So many memories! So many dwarves!

A delightful little tale drawn out and illustrated with finess. Old-time cartooning with none of today's uber-lifelike animals. Great fun!
Published 10 months ago by eeyoore

5.0 out of 5 stars A delightful animated masterpiece!!!!, June 22 2004
Sleeping Beauty is one of the most ambitious animated films ever made. It's a gorgeous, elegant, and absolutely amazing landmark in animation; a film so charming, memorable, and beautiful that it has been hailed as the most incomparable film in the animated genre, and with good reason. Detailed backgrounds, glorious colors, outstanding visuals and beautiful music are all contributing factors to the grandeur pageantry that "Sleeping Beauty" enthralls on its audience.
Up until the last few years, "Sleeping Beauty" was actually considered one of the few Disney 'failures.' That means, a poor box-office success. But that was 1959. Since then, the film, like "Pinocchio" and "Fantasia," has returned to theaters many times and made way on video for new generations to enjoy, earning large estimates of money and critical praise, not to mention being the most requested Disney film on video after "Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs" and "The Lion King."
It was finally re-released in a fantastic Special Edition DVD, and looking back, I can't believe this was once considered a failure. As if! This is not just a timeless tale of good and evil; the plot is elegantly portrayed with rich textures and stunning animation.
Sleeping Beauty is one of Disney's best animated films, EVER, and a must-own DVD for any collection. If only Disney still made films like this. I don't think we could be so lucky. Don't delay, get this before time runs out!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A SLEEPER THIS IS NOT, Feb. 11 2014
This Film was made when Disney Still had a hand on approach to his animated films. This was one of the last pictures where each cell was hand drawn and pated. The Blu-Ray brings this classic to life in such a way that I almost felt like my home experience was BETTER than back in the day. The bonus disc is a true bonus ad it gives you history galore I am glad I picked it up verses waiting 10 years

5.0 out of 5 stars A Disney classic, Jan. 28 2014
This review is from: Sleeping Beauty (2-Disc Platinum Edition) (Bilingual) (DVD)
I watched Disney classics on VHS when my children were young. I am now replacing them with digital (DVD or Blu-ray) versions, so we can watch them into the future with our grand-children. They never get 'old' and it's wonderful to relive days of time gone by.

5.0 out of 5 stars Re: Classic Sleeping Beauty, Dec 10 2013
Entrancing, beautifully restored and brought up to date for modern viewing equipment.
Crisp clear pictures and quality sound that makes you believe you are right there.
The bilingual copy is fantastic, loved it in both versions.
Makes a great present!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased customer., July 8 2014
I finally got my wish fulfilled. The DVD was packed well and in very good condition. I had a very enjoyable time watching this Disney Classic and will most likely watch it over and over again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love this movie, June 22 2014
Super. This wa a gift and was very well received. Thank you so much. My daughter absolutely love this movie.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic anew in future speed, June 6 2014
I received this in excellent condition, packaged for very safe travel and in record time! My 4 year old granddaughter will now be able to enjoy this generational classic for years to come!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, May 27 2014
I ordered it as a gift for someone and we both enjoyed watching it. The item arrived as described and played without any problems. I'm very satisfied about the whole transaction.

4.0 out of 5 stars All right movie, April 18 2014
Not my favorite Disney movie as not a lot seems to go on the whole time, but there is the dramatic irony with Aurora and Phillip, and the epic battle with Maleficent at the end... not giving anything away of course

5.0 out of 5 stars Sleeping Beauty DVD, Nov. 7 2013
Duchess "Duchess" (Edmonton, Alberta, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I realize that this DVD was expensive but I felt that I'd take my chances this time. I thought that because it was around my birthday, that I'd like to have this one and was glad that it finally came out on DVD. It was still a very good movie, I thought. It brought back many memories for me when I was growing up and now that I have it, I can enjoy for a long time and watch it whenever I want!

It seems that things in DVD are getting more and more expensive especially for these "classic Walt Disney movies" but I guess a person -- if they want it bad enough, like anything else -- has to just 'bite the bullet' as you might say, and just look at the fact that it is the type of movie -- if you like it, you will get to enjoy it more and more BECAUSE of the fact that you can watch over and over again if you choose to.

Going out to movies theatres these days are most likely more expensive to do these days too, so if you have a limited income, it to me, makes more sense to invest in the DVD's for your own enjoyment because you can see it as much as you'd like to, and WHENEVER you'd like to. When you have that privilege, the movies you buy, pay for themselves! I also feel that if you can at least have that kind of 'control' over what the media gives out these days on TV, it makes it more worth your while in doing so. Like my other DVD's of this same "Walt Disney classic's" genre -- like Aristocats etc. I have been able to enjoy watching those too more than once since I bought them, and have had just as much enjoyment out of them as this one and some of the other new DVD's I just bought. Since I got rid of the 'basic cable' that we had for TV, I have had NO REGRETS as I can now watch 'what I want - when I want' and not have to put up with what the cable companies have to offer these days. If you still have to put up with that, then we all know WHO has control of the media!

Sleeping Beauty (2-Disc Platinum Edition) (Bilingual)
CDN$ 35.99 CDN$ 25.99