5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Of My Youth, March 6 2010
Laura Ann Scaife "Laura Ann Scaife" (Vancouver, B.C. Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Classic Sci-Fi Ultimate Collec (DVD)
I grew up in the 1950's and '60's, and for me the best part of my youth was either going to the movies or watching Science Fiction Theater every Friday night at 11:30. This boxed set of ten films distills the best of the best of the treasures aired every Friday. The Incredible Shrinking Man was the first film I saw as a youngster that actually made me sit back and think about the world a little. Tarantula was just great fun. The Monolith Monsters is still a favorite, with no scary monster per se, just towering rocks, but still made for a frightening situation. The Land Unknown has some pretty hokey dinosaurs, but reeks of atmosphere which pretty much makes up for them. The others were all fun films with one exception: Monster On The Campus, the only film I ever saw on television that actually scared me! (I think I was eleven at the time!) At any rate, this collection brings back all of the best memories of my youth and re-creates some of my fondest memories. The set is very attractively packaged, and the films themselves are shown in their correct aspect ratios. It's nice to see the trailers for them included as well. The price is a bargain. If 50's and 60's sci-fi is your pleasure, don't miss this excellent collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Classic Sci-Fi Ultimate Collection Vol. 1&2, Sept. 11 2008
Paul Boudreau ""movie freak"" (New Brunswick, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Classic Sci-Fi Ultimate Collec (DVD)
This collection came along at the right time I was considering spending the money to get the two sets by themselves (their cost is through the roof $300 if you can find a copy of vol 1.) I'm fairly new to the genre of old Sci-fi and horror. This set will give you 10 great movies for an asome price. All films were nicely transfered to dvd, sharp and clear for the most part, packaging was nice and the menus quick to use. Some of these movies can't be found on dvd (at least anywhere I looked except for some pirated versions) It's worth it just to get The Incredible Shrinking Man and The Land Unknown. I strongly urge you to run out and get this set.

4.0 out of 5 stars Classic sci-fi, June 30 2014
This review is from: Classic Sci-Fi Ultimate Collec (DVD)
Great combination of old sci-fi movies, at a great price. I will serious buy more sci-fi and mystery collections in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Memories, April 17 2014
This review is from: Classic Sci-Fi Ultimate Collec (DVD)
I grew up watching these movies. They were scary and exciting and we didn't care if they were in black & white.

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable collection, July 5 2010
Sylvain C. (Montreal, QC. Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Classic Sci-Fi Ultimate Collec (DVD)
There are no masterpieces here but when you look at that collection as a whole it is pretty neat. The Incredible Shrinking Man is the reason why i bought that set. Some movies have good special effects while other look a little cheap in that area. I didn't really like the special effects and the story of The Deadly Mantis except for the finale, and the dinosaurs looked too fake in The Land Unknown. But the rest of the movies have good special effects and almost all the movies are enjoyable. For example, Dr. Cyclops has some pretty impressing special effects for it's time. I recommend that collection for people who love sci-fi movies of the 50's. I don't think you will be disappointed.

4.0 out of 5 stars good selection, Jan. 12 2013
This review is from: Classic Sci-Fi Ultimate Collec (DVD)
this compilation exceeded my expectations - really good selection of campy sci fi movies that were better than I expected !

4.0 out of 5 stars Some Good Efforts Here, May 23 2009
Dean Wirth "Mcdean" (Calgary Alberta) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Classic Sci-Fi Ultimate Collec (DVD)
Well here is the DVD set for the Die Hard Sci-Fi flicks of the Golden Age of Paranoia. Here are a few of my Favorites...The Incredible Shrinking Man handles the idea of shrinking and the problems it would create, the obligatory spider fight scene close to the end is tedious but the closing is surprising and thoughtful (written by Richard Matheson). Dr. Cyclops is a big budgeted effort which shows it, in color too(the only one that is). Deadly Mantis, well this was the one I bought the set for mainly and was not disappointed, dumb joke - ending which hurt the movie. Tarantula, well this one was a big hit but is a dud to me. Monster on Campus is a good B effort. The rest I don't remember or don't want to. But a handful are thoughtful and/or entertaining.

Classic Sci-Fi Ultimate Collec
Classic Sci-Fi Ultimate Collec by Edward Dein (DVD - 2008)
CDN$ 64.99 CDN$ 45.86