countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Pets All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools

Color: Black|Edition: Standard|Change

on April 11, 2015
Not Genuine, but it works. I bought the pink and the red one. The plastic casing feels flimsy and the buttons are hard to depress. The R1 button on the red controller started to become less responsive after 5 months. Sold by "Sony" but it isn't, really. Do not pay full price. As you can see, the label on the back is even crooked. The controller is improperly weighted. Please watch videos on ways to determine a fake controller; don't hesitate to return it if it's fake - don't wait!

I took the chance. It was clear from the packaging it was not genuine. I made the decision to keep them because I was in desperate need of a replacement. I don't know why they are allowed to sell under the Sony name when it clearly is counterfeit.
review image
on July 5, 2016
Quality is sub-par for something that was labeled as very-good, close to mint condition... The select button is not even visible , mostly rubbed off. The left analog stick is kind of loose compared to the right one. There are also scratches all over the controller itself indicating heavy use, not what was advertised.
on February 7, 2010
I've always preferred the playstation controllers over the other consoles, and I'm glad Sony didn't change much of the look and feel going from PS2 to PS3. These controllers just fit perfectly in your hand, and all buttons are easily accessible, great design. The only thing different about these is the wireless sixaxis functionality, which makes them even more awesome! Battery life lasts pretty long, and the charge time is fairly quick. Great controller!
on December 17, 2013
Bought last August from Greatwest Sales. Although advertized as made by Sony, it is NOT GENUINE, it is a fake. Bewarem because it also doesn't work as well as the genuine...

Item described as made by Sony, but it feels like a fake. It has issues connecting and staying connected with the PSP Go, which is not normal at all. Also, recently, the L3 button stopped responding. When you hold the controller, it doesn't feel like it's made of the same plastic than the 3 other genuine controllers I own. I was willing to let that issue go as long as the thing at least worked as expected, but now that one of the buttons just stopped responding without any explanation, the issue is simply unacceptable. This is crap sold at the same price as a genuine... Unacceptable, simply not acceptable. I want a complete refund. I know it's too late but if you have an ounce of decency, you will refund it anyway.
on March 16, 2009
If you've ever used a PS or PS2 controller, you pretty much know what to expect from this version. While not the most interesting controller out there, it gets the job done. The build quality is great, and the battery life hasn't been an issue for me, even when playing games with lots of rumble. Not much else to say about this product, but definitely worth picking up over the regular sixaxis controller.
on February 2, 2015
Don't get the red one. It felt good, however after 2 months the right analog stick failed, and the plastic around the red analog stick cracked. The indicators lights also flash through the plastic. I feel the plastic is poor quality. It was sold by Amazon, not marketplace, and does appear genuine. I've had a black DS3 last years, but I feel the red one is made from poor plastic.
on July 7, 2008
Firstly, I must say that I am very pleased with the time it took the controller to get here. The item was shipped on Friday, and arrived on Monday. I guess Mississauga to Port Colborne isn't a huge distance, however, when I ordered The Orange Box from Amazon, it took 3 days. 1 day, with super saver shipping for the controller. Very pleased indeed. :)

As for the controller, it's basically the regular SixAxis PS3 controller with a vibration function included. It's a little heavier then the regular controller. Other than that, not much difference. The rumble (which I have missed since PS2's days) adds what was missing from some already great PS3 games. I will be playing Metal Gear Solid 4 through again just to see how different it feels playing with rumble enabled.

Looks like Sony finally saw their mistake. Please don't do it again. Keep the controllers just the way they are.
on June 2, 2016
Can't complain. They work! I'm not sure if it's fake or not. I've seen other reviews saying they were. Oddly it came from Germany. The pink colour is off from a real one but I broke my old one so I cannot really complain. Also it came in the package had Sony papers and all it also has the barcodes on the back. If this is a fake it's very pro. Either way no complaints for the price! Picture shows my 2 definitely official PS3 controllers in the middle for comparison. The things I've noticed is that they turn off automatically
review image review image
on April 28, 2016
What can i say about this controller. It is amazing. I have been using this controller for over 8 years now. It has never had any problems. Holds charge for long periods of time. Every single button works as good today as it did when i first bought it. Playstation certainly done their job and done it right My kids also has been using this so it has been dropped many times over and still chugging a long just like the first day i got it. Buy this product, You will not regret your decision. I have no regrets, and cannot think of any cons to this controller.

Happy Gaming!!!
on July 19, 2016
Wasn't new, it was refurbished and not even correctly. The dpad doesn't work. The thumb sticks aren't responsive. The start graphic is worn off as well as general wear on the controller all over it. I was told I would be getting a NEW controller, not a refurbished one. On top of that the "refurbished" controller isn't even working properly.