countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more scflyout Home All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

TOP 500 REVIEWERon June 23, 2012
The only thing I hated about my Kitchenaid mixer was the fact that the blade that came with it, didn't scrape down the sides of the bowl. It was a royal pain to have to stop the mixer, lift the head, scrape down the bowl, put the head down and turn on again, only to repeat a couple of minutes later. I was never able to achieve a truly mixed dough or batter. Now that I have this blade, baking goes much faster and I get more consistent results with my batter. Like others, I wondered about the plastic, but I don't think I'm going to worry about it because it does such a great job. The blade is also dishwasher safe, which some of the other Kitchenaid brand attachments aren't. Just be sure to purchase the right blade for your particular mixer.

August 2014 update - This mixer blade continues to be awesome. It shows absolutely no sign of wear and tear with a lot of use and is perfectly dishwasher safe. I agree with others that this should have been the standard included with the mixer.
on July 2, 2011
I'm very pleased with this product. All KitchenAid Tilt-Head Mixers should come with this blade. The original blade doesn't touch the sides of the bowl when mixing - this one does a great job at scraping food away from the sides of the bowl so that ingredients are well mixed.
on February 7, 2011
Oh Boy! If you own a Kitchenaid stand mixer and do not have this attachment you don't know what you are missing. I bake several times a week and have used this attachment every time. My other attachments are being used less and less since getting this one. The quality of my baking has also improved with this better mixing paddle. I think it should be standard issue with the mixers instead of the one that comes with it.
on June 21, 2016
Overall I'm satisfied with this beater, it really does scrape the sides of the bowl nicely. Even though it's made of plastic, it's better than the mix-stop-scrape repeat process with the original beater.
on November 17, 2011
After reading the rave reviews before I bought this I was excited to get it. But I failed to realize that it was a plastic beater and not a metal one like the original ones, so I'm wondering how long it will actually last. It's okay, it does scrape the sides as it's supposed to BUT i wasn't overly impressed. I will probably buy the one by KitchenAid which was only a couple of bucks more. Would I buy it again, probably not.
on January 30, 2012
This is a great product and saves the work of having to stop the mixer and scrape the bowl a few times through mixing. It does a really thorough job; may require one mixing with a spatula to get the mixture at the bottom.
on December 30, 2013
Although the beater works well, it is all plastic.
I anticipate the life expectancy to be shorter than a genuine KitchenAid product.
on November 26, 2015
Wow. I mean. Wow.
I'm on a Christmas Cookie marathon. I've made over 300 cookies in the past 72 hours and I started that binge with the regular kitchen aid, which was such an upgrade from a hand mixer already, and then today I recieved this amazing little thing in the mail.
My god. buy it now. I have a classic tilt head mixer and it fits perfect, touches the bottom of both bowls [I bought the glass spouted bowl, which I adore too] and the difference it makes for not having to scrap stuff down is miraculous. When I first saw it I thought it wouldn't help because it's still shorter than the bowl by a lot but something about the angle of the blades draws the mix down. it's perfect. For those complaining about flour everywhere [sure, it happens. Especially the drier cookies] I suggest using the Baker Method which is sifting all dry ingredients on parchment, making a tunnel and SLOWLY dropping it in. It incorporates fast enough to prevent splashage. Even if you do make a mess a couple times, holymole is it still so worth it. I'm buying a second one right now.
on August 17, 2011
It works great, scrapes the sides of the bowl much better than the stock model. Hopefully the plastic holds up.
on February 4, 2013
This blade is a must for mixing angle food cakes and icings. All the ingrediants get wiped off the sides of the mixing bowl and gets stirred into the mix, eliminating lumps making the end result nice and smooth,