march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage SmartSaver Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

Format: DVD|Change
Price:$200.00+ $3.49 shipping

Showing 1-10 of 17 reviews(5 star). Show all reviews
on May 3, 2009
I am old enough to remember Soap when it came out in the late 70s. It was groundbreaking TV that tackled such issues as homosexuality, religion, infidelity, racial issues, and all kinds of stereotypes with a comedic bent. The characters are original, quirky and represent the good and not so good in all of us. After all of these years, the series stands up well and the talent and timing of the cast is well worth watching. The quality of the DVDs is good. Only one problem - watching one episode is like eating potato chips - you can't stop at just one!
on August 28, 2011
Having vague memories of watching this series years ago, I thought I would buy it and save for a rainy day, couch kind of thingy day. Well that day came recently and out came the Soap discs. They were just as funny as I remembered. I guess they are not for everyone, but if you have a good sense of the ridiculous and a quirky idea of fun, this is for you. This series is a great way to while away the hours of a rainy day. No blood and guts, bad language or violence, just good old fashioned comedy.
on October 13, 2009
First off, I must admit I was a big fan of the serie...
In this "format" I was able to watch 2 or 3 episodes in a row.
This was my father's favorite show and and I remembered how much he laughed...
Thanks for the memories !
on December 12, 2011
This DVD set of Soap is a must-buy for anyone who was a fan of the show in the late 70s/early 80s. See Billy Crystal when he was a young actor in his first prominent role and you can see what a great actor he would become in later years. The acting by all the performers in this show were all great. This is definitely a set that you will watch over and over. I know I will.
on January 15, 2013
Soap was ahead of its time. Topics referred to in the series are still relevant today-for instance, gays having/adopting children.

The dry humor and physical comedy leaves nothing to be desired, and I can't think of a better cast. If you pay close attention, you will see many actors who went on to become noteworthy stars in movies and television.

Overall, money well worth spent, and a gift that keeps on giving.
on January 1, 2012
Absolutely great! This is television comedy at its best there is no comparison! Worth every minute of time spent watching!
on July 4, 2011
Nice to have the whoile series in one set! I can throw away all my fuzzy VHS-TV-taped copies now!
on January 21, 2014
So my dad was talking about this show like 5 years ago and I found it here for 40 bucks. I gave it to him for Christmas, he loved it, and its actually a great show. Anyone who likes shows like arrested development will love this show. Also you should google the history of this show, that's a good story in itself.
on November 9, 2013
Too bad this series was so short and was rejected by right wing biases. It was so funny and ahead of its time, with excellent acting and writing, even if some the sets were kind of cheap looking. (mainly the Alien spaceship scenes)
on September 15, 2015
I just love this complete series of soap. I have laughed from the beginning to the end. I think they should make more sitcoms like this. People need a good laugh in these tiring times.