4.0 out of 5 stars Sony portable radio
I am very happy with this product. I wanted this radio just in case the power went out. It's perfect for my needs. So much better than others I have seen. The sound is quite good for a radio that is not digital. Thanks again Amazon.
Published on Feb. 22 2011 by Gerri

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent FM Radio
This is a pretty decent FM radio but the AM reception is not very good. Unfortunately, I purchased it to listen to mostly AM. The ac power cable is probably the best feature besides it's extremely simple operation. I also felt the shipping was very slow compared to most suppliers on the Amazon network. RGB
Published on Aug. 30 2011 by Mr. S. Cutter

4.0 out of 5 stars Sony portable radio, Feb. 22 2011

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent FM Radio, Aug. 30 2011
Mr. S. Cutter (Toronto, Canada) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent functional radio, July 21 2011
This review is from: Sony ICF38 Portable AM/FM Radio (Black) (Electronics)
Well-designed and constructed AM-FM radio. Heavy-duty plastic casing (which survived a 3-foot drop onto ceramic tile with only a barely noticeable scrape). Acceptable sound, easy and accurate tuning (helped by simple signal strength indicator light). Electrical power from either 4AA batteries or permanently attached cord which stores in dedicated compartment. No frills, just does its job well. Nothing that I saw compares well to it. But limited availability - Amazon and a few other internet sites, as far as I saw. Considerable variation in retail price from about $20 to $40.

4.0 out of 5 stars Tina - Ontario, Oct. 20 2011
This review is from: Sony ICF38 Portable AM/FM Radio (Black) (Electronics)
Good little radio. Needed something at the office to listen to. The sound is ok for the price. I found that it doesn't pick-up one of the local radio stations I can get with my car radio & home stereo. Also, the sound is a little tinney, but overall I'm happy with the purchase. It is a pretty basic radio, but seems good quality for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars best basic radio you could get !, Oct. 4 2011
This review is from: Sony ICF38 Portable AM/FM Radio (Black) (Electronics)
Just wanted a basic radio that would take batteries and I could move from room to room but still had good sound...simple and basic, nothing fancy as my mom is 88 yrs old and fancy is not a good idea nor is too many choices or buttons..this radio is perfect and is sony's good quality. What can you buy today for under 40 dollars too..

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Radio, Sept. 11 2011
MYTANGOS (Scarborough, Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sony ICF38 Portable AM/FM Radio (Black) (Electronics)
This Sony portable is amazing. FAR BETTER SOUND than I expected! Locks in AM and FM stations beautifully. The radio is also larger than I expected. If you have a chance to buy this Sony or are thinking about the purchase - BUY IT, before they are all gone. I have owned a lot of audio equipment over many years and this radio is a real gem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent radio for my mother, Aug. 9 2011
This review is from: Sony ICF38 Portable AM/FM Radio (Black) (Electronics)
My mother wanted a radio for the kitchen and the current one, part of a cheap boom box, got terrible reception. I tried this one for her and she loves it. The dials are simple and straightforward to use and the reception is very good. One of her friends is going to get one, and I'm thinking it might be a good idea to get one too, just in case. It was delivered within two or three days and arrived in great condition. A good product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Très bon achat, April 8 2011
This review is from: Sony ICF38 Portable AM/FM Radio (Black) (Electronics)
Très portatif et juste assez gros (grosseur d'une feuille de papier pliée en deux). La qualité sonore est très bonne. La réception est excellente. La durée des batteries est étonnante car avec des rechargeables "Ansmann" 2500 à décharge lente, j'ai passé les 70 heures!!! Si vous êtes à la recherche d'un petit radio pas compliqué, solide et à bas prix, celui est pour vous (c'est quand même un Sony). Ce sont les nombreux avis positifs lus sur le site américain d'Amazon qui m'ont convaincu.

2.0 out of 5 stars Sony portable radio, Sept. 2 2013
I bought this radio mainly to listen to with earphones in order not to disturb those around me. Tried 3 sets of earphones but sound only comes through to one ear. Have to assume the radio is not equipped to provide audio to both sides therefore my disappointment in this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, June 24 2013
This review is from: Sony ICF38 Portable AM/FM Radio (Black) (Electronics)
Wanted an AC/DC radio for my garage/workshop. It also needed to have a headphone jack so I could use a wireless speaker when I'm in my back yard. It has very clear sound and was inexpensive. What more can a person ask for at this price? Excellent service as well, received it in just a few days! Over all, I am very pleased. Would definitely recommend this product to anyone not requiring stereo.

Sony ICF38 Portable AM/FM Radio (Black)
CDN$ 26.00