biss boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage snsflyour Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

Color: BlackChange

on August 30, 2011
This is a pretty decent FM radio but the AM reception is not very good. Unfortunately, I purchased it to listen to mostly AM. The ac power cable is probably the best feature besides it's extremely simple operation. I also felt the shipping was very slow compared to most suppliers on the Amazon network. RGB
on July 21, 2011
Well-designed and constructed AM-FM radio. Heavy-duty plastic casing (which survived a 3-foot drop onto ceramic tile with only a barely noticeable scrape). Acceptable sound, easy and accurate tuning (helped by simple signal strength indicator light). Electrical power from either 4AA batteries or permanently attached cord which stores in dedicated compartment. No frills, just does its job well. Nothing that I saw compares well to it. But limited availability - Amazon and a few other internet sites, as far as I saw. Considerable variation in retail price from about $20 to $40.
on June 24, 2013
Wanted an AC/DC radio for my garage/workshop. It also needed to have a headphone jack so I could use a wireless speaker when I'm in my back yard. It has very clear sound and was inexpensive. What more can a person ask for at this price? Excellent service as well, received it in just a few days! Over all, I am very pleased. Would definitely recommend this product to anyone not requiring stereo.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon January 6, 2014
Well I hate the sound quality of this radio. I have had 5 radios over the years and this one is the worst for FM. It sounds like a midrage speaker with no bass and no highs in FM. In AM the sound quality does not matter so much so it is where this radio excels. The ICF F10 sounds 10 times better and more rich in sound quality in FM but its reception is not so good and there is not a way to power it other than batteries so you cant win!

This ICF-38 overall reception is good for me on FM and AM. I can even pull in some stations that I normally can not so that's at least good. I like the power supply built in also. I might have to get creative and buy another OEM speaker for this ICF-38 and replace it with something more full sounding...

2.5 star is my rating.
on February 22, 2011
I am very happy with this product. I wanted this radio just in case the power went out. It's perfect for my needs. So much better than others I have seen. The sound is quite good for a radio that is not digital. Thanks again Amazon.
on January 22, 2014
I bought this portable radio for my youngest Grand-daughter for Christmas as she loves music and is always singing.

I had always been pleased with Sony products in the past and this little radio did not disappoint. It is small, lightweight and can be played using batteries or plugged into the mains. The tone is pretty good too given the size of the speaker and the radio as a whole.

My Grand-daughter and her whole family are so pleased with it that it is in permanent residence in the kitchen.

The only worry I had was that the cable is packed very tightly into the back of the radio. Once taken out, I was concerned that I did not break the cover of the compartment trying to put it back in again for Christmas wrapping. Eventually I left the cable out rather than risk breaking the cover. Otherwise I was more than satisfied. Great value for the money and visually a pretty neat radio.
on June 7, 2012
I purchased the Sony ICF38 radio for my Father who is 92. With it's easy to find controls I think it will be very good for him. The FM reception seems pretty good and the AM Ok. If the AM was a little better I would have given this radio 5 stars. I wish the case was not the smooth plastic. If it was more of that rubbery non-slip feel like the Grundig G3 it would have been very good. A reasonable price for what you get.
on January 28, 2013
I was looking for a small but not to small AM/FM radio, one I could carry from room to room as I listened to my favorite talk, sprorts and weather radio stations. This Sony did not dissapoint. The sound is clear at low and high listening levels and has a good size handle for easy transport. I tried a set of middle of the road earphones, the sound remaind constintantly good.I like the fact that an ac power supply is included and conveniantly stored out of the way and inside the radio unit itself(back of unit). The manual dials are large enough for my bigger than average fingers and I like the fact I'm saving battery power because of the lack of and LCD screen (one less thing to break down) Overall I would highly recommend this radio for it's design, quality, portablility, ease of use and great sound for the price point.

P.S great for when the power goes down.
on December 12, 2012
The Sony IFC38 is an excellent portable transistor radio. Performance is excellent on both bands. The AM side pulled in many distant stations without difficulty after dark. The radio is simple to operate and is fairly compact with a power cord that is stored next to the battery compartment. Tone quality is very good. Overall it is a fine radio at a good price.
on May 11, 2012
i bought this about a month ago and it a great little radio i have in my garage for summer and have it on when i wash my car and to work outside it sounds great and will bring it in the house for the winter so it there a power outage i will at least hhave a radio to know what is going on

Cubbie