5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product!
Published on Nov. 3 2011 by Lena

3.0 out of 5 stars It is convenient, but limiting
This container is great if you want to take either two hot or two cold dishes, and the third will adapt to those temperatures. But if you want to mix it up more than that, you're out of luck. The thermal zone consists of two containers and those will both gravitate to the same temperature, so forget about mixing hot and cold together.
For example, if you want, let's...
Published 21 months ago by Tangleshotgun

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product!, Nov. 3 2011
This review is from: Zojirushi SL-GRE18 Classic Bento Vacuum Lunch Jar (Kitchen)
I bought this for my son together with another smaller-sized Zojirushi vaccum lunch jar which is for my daughter. Both are of excellent quality. I wash them with the dishwasher, microwave food that I put in the previous night for the kids to bring to school in the morning. The kids jokingly complained that the food was still too hot for lunch :). So I'm very glad of the successful purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice lunch box!!, March 19 2012
My bf is korean and we eat a lot of side dish and we love rice. This lunch box is just nice to place rice and couple of side dishes. He often could hardly get to the microwave during lunch hours so he gave up nice lunch and wanted sandwich but now I can finally make him rice ( he only likes warm rice ) and other dishes!! Somebody complain about the plastic bowls but in fact I kinda prefer it plastic as it is lighter. Have always trusted zojirushi, never disappoint me! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Bento Vacuum Lunch Jar, Feb. 11 2012
Awesome product, works well and would not hesitate to order again! Ordered 2 different ones and love them both! Enjoy

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this thing, May 1 2014
love this bento system. I use it for my son almost every day to pack his lunch. My only complaint was that the holder for the chopsticks broke early on but other than that, its really sturdy, it keeps hot food piping hot as advertised and there is tons of room to take nice, big portions. I needed a replacement part for the soup bowl and the customer service was great, it came quickly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy with it, Jan. 3 2014
Japanese genius for a lunch box. Everything is well made and purposeful. You got to eat many dishes to use it though...

5.0 out of 5 stars A superb lunch jar!, Oct. 28 2013
Another quality product from Zojirushi. We had cooked food prepared usually around 6am in the morning and it still feels warm by 12 noon! The build quality is also very good. One could tell from the high quality plastic containers, a pair of chopsticks and a cleverly designed 'Spork' (Spoon and fork combo) that comes complete with its own holder.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought Three Sets of Lunch Box Already, Jan. 9 2013
Each member of our family got one of this lunch boxes. That tells it all. My daughter loves the size and also enjoys the fact that it is still hot when it is lunch time.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best, Dec 24 2012
It's the best one I've gotten so far with a bag that will keep the lunch case clean, with an inside pocket for the spork to put in. It kept my food warm enough to eat till lunch time after 6 hours from preparation time... just perfect!

3.0 out of 5 stars It is convenient, but limiting, Dec 11 2012
For example, if you want, let's say, hot soup, and sandwich, and yogurt for dessert, this isn't really going to work. The soup has to go on the bottom and the sandwich, or whatever other dish, will have to stay in the same zone, so it too will warm up. In the top container, the yogurt will not stay cold, it will gravitate toward the ambient temperature of the whole container within a couple hours and settle close to room temperature. I think the claims that there is barrier between the two zones isn't proven here. It's also very unfortunate that they don't allow you to stack the containers in any order you want to create your own zones. They only stack one way -hot/cold zone, and side dish on top.
Also, the liquid container is too small to hold a decent hot meal, and the middle container doesn't seal at all. I took hot chili and used the middle container because it is bigger and can hold enough for about two cups of chili. Both times, it leaked out the lid and made a big mess in the container. I'm not sure why they wouldn't have that container seal like the other two, kind of illogical to me.
I also don't agree that this thing keeps food hot for several hours. I have had to warm up my food several times after opening just 5 hours later. I work inside, but my trip to work requires about 15 minutes total ouside in the cold, with this thing sealed up in my backpack.
If you're considering paying a considerable amount for this container, you need to think about these things. Perhaps some other brands will offer better performance and more rational design.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superbe !, June 20 2011
Michel Fortin (Québec, Canada) - See all my reviews
Construction de très grande qualité pour cet ensemble à lunch. La température de la nourriture est correcte pour le repas du midi bien que réchauffé avant le départ de la maison, la déperdition de chaleur est minimale. La contenance totale est amplement suffisante pour un repas consistant.

Zojirushi SL-GRE18 Classic Bento Vacuum Lunch Jar