5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product!
Published on Nov. 3 2011 by Lena

3.0 out of 5 stars Too small and that top container. . .
The thermos insulates well, but the containers are too small to satisfy your hunger for more than a small meal. May be good for a kids lunch box, except that they might lose it and it would be costly to replace. The top container leaks and the lid falls off way too easily. If you're putting it in your fridge, put it on the bottom of a stack and not near the front, for if...
Published 16 months ago by Sarah Wright

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product!, Nov. 3 2011
This review is from: Zojirushi SL-NCE09 Ms. Bento Vacuum Lunch Jar in Stainless Steel (Kitchen)
I bought this for my daughter together with another bigger-sized Zojirushi vaccum lunch jar which is for my son. Both are of excellent quality. I wash them with the dishwasher, microwave food that I put in the previous night for the kids to bring to school in the morning. The kids jokingly complained that the food was still too hot for lunch :). So I'm very glad of the successful purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for bringing hot lunches, but issues with containers, Feb. 28 2013
I bought this from the Amazon site a couple months back and figured to report back once I had a chance to use it on a consistent basis. For functionality, this thing is great, although I should have opted for the Mr Bento to have another container available for my food. Everything is neatly tucked away in one container, keeping my food hot. I usually microwave the items in the morning and throw them in to the canister. By lunch time, the food is still piping hot and no need to wait for an available microwave at work! Even the spork is great, allowing me to save on bringing my own utensils or wasting it on plastic spoons and forks.

I only have it 4/5 stars because I noticed that the soup lid has warped and caused the stack of containers to not fit properly. I have to push down now to clip the lid on. I also noted the seal on the lid has dislodge and I have to constantly fix it. Not sure if this has happened to other users, but I've reported the issue to Zojirushi and hope to get a replacement for the lids or the containers.

Overall, I would still buy it again for the functionality and use of it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Healthy, hearty lunch every day!, July 18 2012
Bought this for my boyfriend so that he can have something hot to eat on colder days without having to have to use microwave.
Both he and I are very happy with the purchase as it performs remarkably well compared to conventional lunchbox or plastic tupperwares!

I usually pack everything the night before since we tend to have left overs from dinner, the next morning I microwave the containers (all three containers are microwave-safe, but the lids) for about 30 seconds each, pack away everything around 8am, and my boyfriend claims that the food is still hot around 1pm. The food is not scorching hot but hot enough that no microwaving is needed, which is just what we need.

All three containers and their lids, and silicone bands that are detachable from the container lids can be washed in a dishwasher.

I know some have claimed that the oil residue is hard to clean and I have experienced the same too at several occasions; the simple solution is to use a yarn dishcloth, not sponge or dishwasher, with a tiny bit of dishwasher soap to wash off the residue and the stickiness can be easily removed. This can be done in the matter of 5 minutes and then simply let everything dry for the next use.

One other key is knowing the right container for the type of food you put in: bottom is for soup/liquid as a liquid-sealing lid ensures no leakage; the biggest container in the middle is for main carbs such as rice, noodle or bread; and the smallest top container is for drier food like meat, egg and veggies.
I have been packing lunch with Ms. Bento for over half a year now but never have I had him complain about leakage following these simple steps.
Having to have to pack a variety of items may sound bothersome to some, but trust me you will get used to it and more than anything you can ensure that your loved ones or yourself are getting nutritious and additives/preservative free lunch every day!
Every since I started packing lunch with this lunch jar, my boyfriend never looks back to his take-out lunches and instant meals.
This makes me, my boyfriend's body, and our wallets very happy;)

4.0 out of 5 stars Quit shipping and great product, Jan. 5 2012
I received the item within a week with Free shipping....Item holds for 5 hour warm and my kids enjoy having their lunches warm. I would recommend anyone wanting a lunch other than sandwiches to buy this item. The only down side is the item is pretty heavy so it adds weight to your kids schoolbag. Only buy if you child does not have to walk a long ways to the school bus stop.

5.0 out of 5 stars So pretty, Nov. 22 2013
Bosco - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
What a great lunch jar! A bit heavy, but it comes with a great carrying bag and the three individual compartments are microwaveable. It's like carrying a vacuum sealed tupperware container that's perfect for microwaving.

5.0 out of 5 stars Technology is very good, Nov. 22 2013
Technology very good lunch box, retry the temperature, vegetables and rice 6 hours or very hot. Children carry very convenient

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Lunch For my Kid, Oct. 3 2013
This is a very nice lunch box for my kid .. her ham and cheese stays cold for hours. She is very happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this, July 30 2013
I sort of wish I bought the Mr. Bento instead because those little compartments are really handy. I mostly separate the side dishes and noodles/rice and bought the zojirushi stainless steel food jar to contain my soups.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Product, July 9 2013
This really does what it promises. I can pack a hot lunch in the morning and by lunch it is still hot. The size of the individual containers are great and the spork was handy (I saw was, I sadly left mine somewhere :().

5.0 out of 5 stars Hot lunch., Jan. 12 2013
My daughter bring this lunch jar every day to school.
It keeps food warm enought for the day.
and it is easy to clean.

ARRAY(0xaddb0d5c)