march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage SmartSaver Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools Family

Color: Stainless|Change

on November 3, 2011
I bought this for my daughter together with another bigger-sized Zojirushi vaccum lunch jar which is for my son. Both are of excellent quality. I wash them with the dishwasher, microwave food that I put in the previous night for the kids to bring to school in the morning. The kids jokingly complained that the food was still too hot for lunch :). So I'm very glad of the successful purchase.
on July 18, 2012
Bought this for my boyfriend so that he can have something hot to eat on colder days without having to have to use microwave.
Both he and I are very happy with the purchase as it performs remarkably well compared to conventional lunchbox or plastic tupperwares!

I usually pack everything the night before since we tend to have left overs from dinner, the next morning I microwave the containers (all three containers are microwave-safe, but the lids) for about 30 seconds each, pack away everything around 8am, and my boyfriend claims that the food is still hot around 1pm. The food is not scorching hot but hot enough that no microwaving is needed, which is just what we need.

All three containers and their lids, and silicone bands that are detachable from the container lids can be washed in a dishwasher.

I know some have claimed that the oil residue is hard to clean and I have experienced the same too at several occasions; the simple solution is to use a yarn dishcloth, not sponge or dishwasher, with a tiny bit of dishwasher soap to wash off the residue and the stickiness can be easily removed. This can be done in the matter of 5 minutes and then simply let everything dry for the next use.

One other key is knowing the right container for the type of food you put in: bottom is for soup/liquid as a liquid-sealing lid ensures no leakage; the biggest container in the middle is for main carbs such as rice, noodle or bread; and the smallest top container is for drier food like meat, egg and veggies.
I have been packing lunch with Ms. Bento for over half a year now but never have I had him complain about leakage following these simple steps.
Having to have to pack a variety of items may sound bothersome to some, but trust me you will get used to it and more than anything you can ensure that your loved ones or yourself are getting nutritious and additives/preservative free lunch every day!
Every since I started packing lunch with this lunch jar, my boyfriend never looks back to his take-out lunches and instant meals.
This makes me, my boyfriend's body, and our wallets very happy;)
on February 28, 2013
I bought this from the Amazon site a couple months back and figured to report back once I had a chance to use it on a consistent basis. For functionality, this thing is great, although I should have opted for the Mr Bento to have another container available for my food. Everything is neatly tucked away in one container, keeping my food hot. I usually microwave the items in the morning and throw them in to the canister. By lunch time, the food is still piping hot and no need to wait for an available microwave at work! Even the spork is great, allowing me to save on bringing my own utensils or wasting it on plastic spoons and forks.

I only have it 4/5 stars because I noticed that the soup lid has warped and caused the stack of containers to not fit properly. I have to push down now to clip the lid on. I also noted the seal on the lid has dislodge and I have to constantly fix it. Not sure if this has happened to other users, but I've reported the issue to Zojirushi and hope to get a replacement for the lids or the containers.

Overall, I would still buy it again for the functionality and use of it.
on April 30, 2014
I bought it as a gift for my mom. I did not get a chance to see the actual size, as we are living in two different provinces. My mom said she absolutely loves it! She said it seemed too much work in terms of cleaning at the beginning. However, when you can have a really fresh/hot meal for lunch without worrying about heating up the food, you do appreciate it a lot! Now she is using it every single day! She also told me that her friend bought the same one after seeing hers!
on January 5, 2012
I received the item within a week with Free shipping....Item holds for 5 hour warm and my kids enjoy having their lunches warm. I would recommend anyone wanting a lunch other than sandwiches to buy this item. The only down side is the item is pretty heavy so it adds weight to your kids schoolbag. Only buy if you child does not have to walk a long ways to the school bus stop.
on January 24, 2015
I am really pleased with this lunch jar. I have been using it every day for almost a month with great success. A couple of things to remember: some containers do leak, so liquid things need to go in the soup container, or just be careful about keeping it upright. The container sizes are perfect for portion control. I have been eating better and love having a variety of things for lunch every day (often leftovers). And the spork is genuis! I don't put mine in the dishwasher, although apparently that's ok. It is very quick to wash by hand. It's become part of my routine. I feel like this is the perfect lunch container; I don't need to fool around with multiple tupperware containers anymore: just one unit, very simple, reasonable portion sizes, warm or cold food.
on November 17, 2014
We have been using these for a few weeks now and love them! Great product, easy to clean, and they hold the heat well. The multiple compartments really allow for a nice hot lunch on a cold winter day, with some variety, and I like that no space is wasted - there is even a food container tucked into the lid. The storage bag has enough room for you to tuck in a water bottle, apple etc, alongside the thermos. After using it once or twice, all of my kids are asking for it again and again. This product is a keeper! If you have kids with a big appetite, or are a hungry adult, you might consider the Mr. Bento for larger portion sizes.
on March 15, 2016
I bought this lunch thermo for my wife that doesn't seem to have a microwave at work. She is happy with it and it keeps her food very warm until lunch time. Another great product by Zojirushi.
on October 12, 2011
I bought it for my boyfriend. This one has the perfect size and easy to carry. I usually add some fruit in the bag too. It is a great product.
on March 17, 2015
Very nice product, a bit small however, may not suit a hungry person who likes to eat a lot. Soup bowl is not big...