5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome
Published on Dec 30 2011 by tllewellyn

3.0 out of 5 stars Meh
This product simply doesn't dazzle. It's ok, for the price it is fine. There is only a pulse option, which is fine. It has the same issues as other convectional home blenders, such as the inability to mix beyond just the bottom portion of the contents.
Published on Dec 12 2011 by Jasmine

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, Dec 30 2011
This review is from: Hamilton Beach 51101R Single Serve Blender (Kitchen)
These little guys are awesome. I'm a gym-rat, working out every day and take a lot of protein shakes. It is so much more convenient to use the HB single serve blender than the big blender, especially when it comes to clean up. I love that once my shake is made I can simply remove the container, put the travel lid on it and take it to the gym with me, ready to go when I finish my workout. As for durability it easily chops ice without problem. My daughter uses it to crush the ice for her new Dairy Queen blizzard machine she received as a Christmas present.

3.0 out of 5 stars Meh, Dec 12 2011
Jasmine (Iqaluit, Nunavut, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hamilton Beach 51101R Single Serve Blender (Kitchen)
I like that it doesn't take up much room in the kitchen, the cord wraps and hides easily under the base which is a nice feature.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, Jan. 4 2012
This review is from: Hamilton Beach 51101R Single Serve Blender (Kitchen)
I got this blender especially to make my daily morning shake. It's a great value for the price, great brand. It's easy to use, clean and store. Doesn't take much space so it can easily be left on the counter. It's also small enough to be brought along with you if you need to travel. The only thing that bothered me is that I thought it was made out of glass, but it's plastic. On one side, that makes it lighter and unbreakable, but on the other, we'll live better with less plastic in our lives! Still, it's a great gadget that I use everyday. I haven't used the "to-go" feature (travel mug type lid), but I'm glad it's there if I ever do need it.

5.0 out of 5 stars So far, great buy!, Dec 29 2011
This review is from: Hamilton Beach 51101R Single Serve Blender (Kitchen)
I was kind of sceptic about the fact that it could crush ice at first, since I did own a Magic Bullet and it wouldn't crush ice. But it does and does it quickly too! I am very impressed so far with the blender. I've only used it a couple of times but it's not as noisy as I thought it would be and gets the job done pretty fast too. It does have a very faint smell of burnt when you hold the button continuously but it takes so little time to blend the stuff that it's no problem at all. Also, it does blend all the way to the top of the jar, everything gets mixed in very good. And it is very convenient by it's size. Great buy, especially for something under 20$!

UPDATE (Oct. 10th, 2012) : So, almost a year later, it still works great!!!! I see the price has gone up to 21.99 $ but no big deal... I use it every single day for my shake (with ice or frozen fruits) and it still crushes everything, right to the top!!!!! And there is no more smell whatsoever! I just love it and highly recommend it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Bought more than one, May 28 2014
This review is from: Hamilton Beach 51101R Single Serve Blender (Kitchen)
because function is excellent. Just wish it was made of glass - the plastic cracks after a while. Would pay more to have a handy little blender like this made with glass.

4.0 out of 5 stars worked quite well, Aug. 14 2013
This review is from: Hamilton Beach 51101R Single Serve Blender (Kitchen)
it works quite well I was definitely happy with it wasn't quite as strong as I was hoping it to be but for the price its great

Hamilton Beach 51101R Single Serve Blender