Published 18 months ago by Thelma

3.0 out of 5 stars Arrived on time. I have four cats and none ...
Arrived on time. I have four cats and none of them were interested in it. They play with all kinds of balls but this. It's made very well but I guess it depends on your cat.
Published 1 month ago by Mary

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Give this ball a try! It is wonderful when you use it's features, Feb. 23 2013
This review is from: PetSafe TOY00001 SlimCat Interactive Toy and Food Dispenser, Blue (Misc.)
It might take patience to get the best benefit from the SlimCat but it is worth it. When the ball was new, my cat did not want to have to push it around. He would just sit and look at it until I would take his paw and give the ball a knock until kibble would fall out while saying 'push'. (He has since learned the word 'push'). My cat receives a measured daily ration to keep his lovely figure. A small portion he gets as breakfast, a small portion is reserved for bedtime snack and the rest goes in this ball. First thing in the morning I make the holes just big enough that when I shake the ball one or two falls out. By evening if there is still a lot left, I will make the holes bigger (that's probably the best feature of the SlimCat). On the days when he seems like he wants to eat all day, I make sure the holes are small enough that he really has to work to get some kibble. He doesn't always LIKE pushing it around now, but he knows that is how he gets his food through the day and it does serve as an activity for a cat with few mice to catch.
This is a great tool in preventing obesity. It holds about what an adult cat should eat in a day. My veterinarian actually has noticed more muscle mass from Scooter's daily pushing. The only downside is the locking mechanism that adjusts the size of the whole eventually slips, and then it's time for a new SlimCat. But for the price, and how it keeps my cat from obesity and all the related health issues, that's a very minor issue.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great forging balls for cats, Sept. 28 2012
This is a great way to control the amount of food your cats eat! They eat slower and exercise at the same time:)

5.0 out of 5 stars This help my cat to come back to health., Aug. 1 2014
So I originaly bought this food dispenser 3 years ago, after the first 6 months I give up since my cat will always manage to get it stuck under the couch or the bed and making really anoying the process of retriving the ball in order to feed him. Since then I have been trying to free feed him which didnt work since he would eat all his food in one sitting and then complain all day about more, he was never full, he went and eat the other cat food in order to eat more. I had it, he was getting obese (which could result in diabetes) and he just wouldnt stop complaining all night about getting more food. So I decided to bring the ball dispenser again (in a new apartment), and then I put the ball inside his food dish, a steinless steel food plate with 3 inch walls, this was just a great idea, he is unable to move the ball outside the dish, so the food only gets dispensed on the dish and not all over my floor, so then he goes and eats the food slowly. This has worked, he already lost 3lb out of 21lb, also he doesnt complain about food anymore, because the ball is full most of the times, but since takes longer to eat it, he doesnt over feed himself. This is a great purchase and the food dispenser still works like brand new since day 1. I would recommend this to all owners out there with obese, lazy, and overfed cats.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great treat game, Dec 10 2013
Book reviewer (Toronto, Ontario) - See all my reviews
I bought this and the Busy Buddy Eggsercizer. Once both cats figured out how to use them, it provided less of a challenge. The mental challenge is pretty much over but they still need to bat this around to get the treats out so I recommend this. There's decent control over how big the holes are so I can use different size treats and it's easy to clean. One advantage I think the Eggsercizer has over this model is it's egg shape. When the cats bat it, it moves unexpectedly. This SlimCat model is round so it travels farther but doesn't offer quite the same challenge. The SlimCat is also SO easy to lose under furniture so remember to look under the couch if it's gone missing. Overall, though, I recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great food dispenser for cats (especially for overweight ones) !, April 21 2013
I was somewhat sceptical but this ball is amazing! It's not loud when rolling, it's well designed so very easy to use, not too heavy for cats (problem with some cat products), even when filled with food.
I switched to this food dispenser exclusively and within a week I saw one of my glutton cats loose some weight. I love this product the most because I don't have to supervise feeding for my cats, they can eat on their own time and not overeat! If only they made this for humans :)

3.0 out of 5 stars Arrived on time. I have four cats and none ..., July 8 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good idea., May 25 2014
I purchased this in hopes that my cat would get a workout and have fun at the same time, but the ball is far too heavy for him to play with (even without the treats inside). He rarely uses it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for small kibbles, March 27 2014
It keeps my cat entertained for quite some time. The holes are adjustable but I do not use it for bigger kibbles since they tend to get stuck.

3.0 out of 5 stars Holes to big, Feb. 16 2014
Agree with other reviewers, food falls out too easily no matter how you adjust it. My little
Cat loves the fact she doesn't have to work hard for it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Feeder Toy, Feb. 8 2014
My 5 cats love this. I use it with treats and it keeps them active for hours. Its easy to clean.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›