5.0 out of 5 stars Don't want to stop the music
Rihanna may have Guyanese roots, but it's not a case of national pride that leads me to a five star rating for this album. This girl just keeps getting better, livening up the dog days of summer with hot hits for hot nights and days. This album can spawn perhaps six singles, and the rest aren't bad either.

Mega single "Umbrella" already has people walking down...
Published on June 17 2007 by Amanda Richards

2.0 out of 5 stars only the singles are good
Well I loved Rihanna's song "Umbrella" and "shut up and drive" so I bought this CD. It was kind of a disappointment. I feel like those were the only good songs.
Published on Aug. 24 2007 by Momus

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't want to stop the music, June 17 2007
Amanda Richards (Georgetown, Guyana) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME)
This review is from: Good Girl Gone Bad (Audio CD)

Mega single "Umbrella" already has people walking down the road singing "ella ella eh eh eh eh eh eh" which sounds weird unless you can do a Bajan accent, but you just can't help singing it anyway.

The dance tracks alone are worth the price of the album, with songs like "Don't Stop the Music", where Michael Jackson blends with a Madonna type beat. (Can you say "Mamasay mamasa mamakusa"?) Other tracks to note are the revenge themed "Breaking Dishes", and the alt rock/electronic track and second single "Shut Up and Drive" co-written by the guys from New Order.

For mid tempo fans, there are the Timbaland tracks "Sell Me Candy" and the reggae/rap "Lemme Get That" plus the title track.

For fans of her slower jams, there's "Hate That I Love You" featuring Ne-Yo who also co-wrote the track, and the single-ready "Rehab", another Timbaland track co-written by and featuring Justin Timberlake.

Combining hip hop, electro-pop, reggae, lover's rock and R&B, Rihanna may just be the hottest export from Barbados in recent times. Highly recommended.

Amanda Richards

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it now, June 17 2008
Clifford Shain "srl klr" (Weyburn, Sask. Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Good Girl Gone Bad Reloaded (Audio CD)
Now I could be mad that I've bought this album 3 times through re-releases. Instead I'm going to say that this is one of the best pop albums to come out and if you don't have it yet, then buy it now. With the new tracks and the DVD included then this is the one to buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars R&B fans must have!, May 5 2014
Rihanna's great production LP in a double vinyl.
Favorite r&b hits, greatest sensual voice, beautiful album.
A "fan must" in your record collection

5.0 out of 5 stars Island girl doin big tings :), Dec 16 2007
This review is from: Good Girl Gone Bad (Audio CD)
Rihanna went almost completely rock, dance and pop on this album with tinges of dancehall. I guess she figured that since her tracks were always topping the dance and pop charts she'd just do that type of music. I'm not into those genres however I was thoroughly entertained by this album. My favourite songs are: Umbrella (Featuring Jay-Z) , Breakin Dishes, Shut Up & Drive, Hate That I Love You (Featuring Ne-Yo), Rehab, Good Girl Gone Bad, and the 2 dancehall-tinged songs : Say It and Lemme Get That. That's 8 out of the 12 songs on the album. That's how good this album is.

1. Umbrella (Featuring Jay-Z) - This one grew on me. At first I thought it was silly but now I sing along to it. The tune fits her voice. I love the beat and the catchy chorus. It's a hit.

2. Push Up On Me - This one is a purely dance track and is good for working out.

3. Don't Stop The Music - This one is also a purely dance track and is good for working out. It's like CNC Music Factory's Gonna Make You Sweat (Everybody Dance Now) track from 1990 mixed with a Michael Jackson sample.

4. Breakin Dishes - This is my jam. I love the rage and aggression. This one is more rock than the previous 2 and I love the beat. In this song she is talking about how she is going to fight her maybe cheating boyfriend and break dishes and burn his clothes - really crazy behaviour. This is a really cool track and great for the gym as well.

5.Shut Up and Drive - This one is very rock. Another great jam to listen to while running on the treadmill. This one grew on me too.

6.Hate That I Love You (Featuring Ne-Yo) - I love this duet. This is a typical Ne-Yo sounding song in terms of the beat. This is one of the only R&B tracks on the album. It's sweet.

7.Say It - This one has the beat of that old Shabba Ranks dancehall track - Girl Flex - nice.....I am so glad she didn't drop her caribbean roots completely....

8. Sell Me Candy - This one has a good beat too....can't classify into a genre - loving it though...nice futuristic sound.

9. Lemme Get That - This one has a dancehall beat too - yippee - good for a nice, slow wine.

10. Rehab - I LOVE THIS SONG - This one is about being in Rehab trying to get over a man (as opposed to substance abuse). Great beat and great chorus. I love the acoustic guitar in it.

11. Question Existing - This one is about self-examination and acceptance and fame and miscellaneous. It's a reflective track where she speaks and I am glad to hear her accent.

12. Good Girl Gone Bad - This has a nice folksy sound to it. I love the acoustic guitar in it. This is a great song about being neglected and mistreated by a man and as a result turning into a bad girl.

Five out of Five stars - Great Job Rihanna!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Rihanna has gone as good as bad gets, Aug. 6 2008
This review is from: Good Girl Gone Bad Reloaded (Audio CD)
This is an amazing album. With all of her hits and with all of the other songs (which could all be future hits) this is amazing. This cd shows Rihanna's voice on both sides, fast and slow. Did I mention it is amazing. For how many hit there are in this cd (Umbrella, Don't Stop The Music, Shut up and Drive, Hate That I Love You, Disturbia, Take a Bow, and If i never see your face again) it is a cd you must have. The other songs are just as good, some of them are hit like Breakin' Dishes, Rehab, and Push Up on Me, in other countries. So what i am trying to tell you is that this cd has a hit on every track and is amazing.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the Best Albums of 2007, June 17 2007
This review is from: Good Girl Gone Bad (Audio CD)
I love this cd. It has got to be her best album so far. I love her new artistic styles she used in this album. I especially love it cause its more dance songs and with a few melodies, which i love also. I'll give my review for each song:

Umbrella ft Jay-Z - 9/10
Haunted (Bonus Track) - 10/10 **

5.0 out of 5 stars Getting Better and Better, June 10 2007
Sam Mantha "Sam" (Edmonton, Alberta) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Good Girl Gone Bad (Audio CD)
Unlike Rihanna's last album, this one is not full of pop-inspired songs. This album sounds more Rocafella than anything. And that is what made this album so great. Rihanna sounds like a good girl, but with the influence of a bad girl. There are many stellar hits on this CD, like "Umbrella featuring Jay-Z", "Good Girl Gone Bad", "Hate that I Love You featuring Ne-Yo" and "Breakin' Dishes". Good job Rihanna!

5.0 out of 5 stars “her now greatest-hits opus”, Oct. 25 2012
This review is from: Good Girl Gone Bad (Audio CD)
Billboard Magazine called this album “her now greatest-hits opus”. Which at the time, it pretty much was, considering all the hits that spun off this from album.

I’m not usually a fan of re-releases but because I didn’t own the regular version of this album, I didn’t feel cheated.

My top-5 favorite songs:

1. DISTURBIA – I love the funky beat of this and the thriller-movie-esque lyrics. This was one of the three new songs added to this addition and her 4th #1 hit.

2. DON’T STOP THE MUSIC – I didn’t realize Stargate even did dance tracks until I heard this, and I was impressed. This opened the door for a lot of the other dance tracks they produced for her as well as other artists.

3. UMBRELLA (feat. Jay-Z) – This was huge phenomenon when it first came out and I can see why. This song was always great. I love the chorus.

4. TAKE A BOW – The first single added to this re-release and her 3rd #1 hit. It’s reminiscent of Beyonce’s “Irreplaceable” with its subject matter and the Stargate production. This is Rihanna’s best ballad in my opinion.

5. BREAKIN’ DISHES – This isat the top of my list of songs that should have been singles. I heard this actually was supposed to be the last single after “Rehab”, but was cancelled due to the Chris Brown incident. Either way, this is such a great song, and I love her attitude on it.

Other good songs: REHAB, SELL ME CANDY and SAY IT.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Girl Gone Bad? More Like Before Her Music Went Bad, Feb. 26 2012
This review is from: Good Girl Gone Bad Reloaded (Audio CD)
In my personal opinion, I found that this was the last great album by Rihanna. Nowadays her songs consist of repetetive melodies that are questionably written by a five year old. In addition I find that her latest songs are all incredibly sexual and crude. Not that I recommend Rihanna for any child in particular, I just want to let people know that the quality of her music has really gone down and if you want to pick up a great album, this one is highly recommended. Another impressive factor was that a majority of the songs on 'Good Girl Gone Bad' aren't for filler; which is quite remarkable for today's music. Overall, I strongly recommend this album.

2.0 out of 5 stars only the singles are good, Aug. 24 2007

Good Girl Gone Bad Reloaded
Good Girl Gone Bad Reloaded by Rihanna (Audio CD - 2008)