5.0 out of 5 stars A return to what I expected from the series.
Published on Dec 10 2007 by Steven W. Williams

3.0 out of 5 stars Great movie better deal with Season 4
Razor is a great movie that fills in some amazing gaps.

I am rating this low for one reason. There is a better deal. Before you buy this consider buying season 4. It contains both razor and season 4.5 and is the price of buying just one.

You don't lose any special features so the experience is the exact same.

Great deal to buy season 4.
Published 20 months ago by Connor Scallon

5.0 out of 5 stars A return to what I expected from the series., Dec 10 2007
Steven W. Williams (Kitakami, Iwate, Japan) - See all my reviews
I got this with some trepidation because I was not so thrilled with how Season 2 ended and Season 3 began. I felt the series lost something at that point. Sure, it was still gritty and had a quality unlike other shows in the genre but it felt like it had lost some direction and was floundering. (Note, I live in Japan so I am not up on most of Season 3 so I could be surprised yet.)

Anyway, the series had lost me somewhat but I still wanted to see more and I was intrigued by "Razor". Exploring the Pegasus and her crew seemed like an interesting angle. Well, I have to say it was.

"Razor" was something of a return to the First Season of BSG and part of the Second. It returned to strong storytelling, hard edged characters and drama, a look at why some of the various crew members were doing what they were doing, and excellent camera work.

All in all, this is a very good DVD to get.

Now, I'd love to see a show about Admiral Adama when he was in the First Cylon War. All those old Cylon Centurions and ships would be great to see again.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great movie better deal with Season 4, Aug. 12 2012
Connor Scallon (Toronto, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Battlestar Galactica The Razor Unrated Blu-ray (Blu-ray)
Razor is a great movie that fills in some amazing gaps.

You don't lose any special features so the experience is the exact same.

Great deal to buy season 4.

5.0 out of 5 stars Taut, strong story., Dec 28 2012
Paul Acree (Thunder Bay, ON CDN) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Battlestar Galactica The Razor Unrated Blu-ray (Blu-ray)
this was a tragedy in the familiar mode; a strong yet fatally flawed warrior, a ronin really, regains her honour and saves the day. Good stuff!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Well Done, Jan. 14 2008
Wasn't at all sure what to expect from this, but it didn't disappoint. Very nicely fills in some background information that is important to the overall story line, yet still interesting for those who haven't watched any Galactica. Quite a few shocking scenes, keeping you at the edge of your seat, combined with great acting and writing makes this DVD a winner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Want a sample of the re-imagined BSG without committing to a whole season?, Dec 28 2007
J. Tupone (Saskatchewan) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This is a fantastic film. It was made for TV and is a stand-alone "episode" of the re-imagined BSG. I was dying for a BSG fix; I don't have cable and just couldn't get my hand on season 2.5, let alone see any of the season 3 episodes. Once I discovered this film, I immediately purchased it and made my wife watch it. The story is told in such a way that a person does not need to be a BSG junkie to understand what's going on. It captures the "essence" of the series and successfully gives a person an understanding of what's happened without having to see every episode from the mini-series on. It incorporates a new character specifically for the film and she's a great character to base a story on indeed.

If you are trying to be sneaky and get your partner into BSG with the goal of being able to buy the rest of the series on DVD (hehehehehehe), then buy this DVD right now. Unless your partner has no appreciation for story-telling whatsoever, s/he will get sucked into the BSG universe.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent treat to tide us over until Season 4, Dec 8 2007
Desmond Dapena (Halifax, NS, Canada) - See all my reviews
Razor lives up to the high standards set by earlier seasons of the show. It weaves a complicated but rewarding tale through flashbacks and yet more flashbacks, providing context to the earlier episodes dealing with the "Pegasus". This is the story of Lt. Kendra Shaw, introduced here, who finds herself in extraordinary circumstances, and is forced to make difficult decisions in difficult times. Razor also gives us a thrilling glimpse of the first Cylon war, seen through the eyes of a young Bill Adama, complete with old style Cylons.

The DVD has a fair amount of extra footage that was not in the broadcast version, amounting to about 13-14 minutes total. There is enough here to justify a second watch, and Battlestar fans shouldn't miss it. I also wouldn't count on it being part of the season 4 dvd set, and at any rate, those dvds may not be out for a long, long time.

4.0 out of 5 stars DVD Pricing is getting old, Dec 13 2007
Amazon - please stop setting DVD's to inflated 'regular' prices of over $30 and then give HUGE 30% discounts to make them look attractive. This just makes me want to just give one of the big box stores my $22.

2.0 out of 5 stars Shapeless, narratively-confusing ode to Fascism, Dec 15 2007
Matthew Richardson (Canada) - See all my reviews
Critics have been unanimous in telling us that the remade "Battlestar Galactica" is the best thing on television. So it must be true, right?
But wait - didn't many of these same critics also try to tell us that "Star Wars - Phantom Menace" was actually a good movie?

ARRAY(0xa470fc00)

Battlestar Galactica The Razor Unrated Blu-ray
Battlestar Galactica The Razor Unrated Blu-ray by Félix Enríquez Alcalá (Blu-ray - 2010)
CDN$ 14.99 CDN$ 11.98