march boutiques-francophones vpcflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools ca_ty_gno

Price:$16.99+ $3.49 shipping

Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews(3 star). Show all reviews
on June 19, 2008
In my humble opinion, Viva La Vida is more or less a disappointment. It's not that it is bad - in fact I find a lot of it even moderately enjoyable - but for how long? I think the poor shelf life phenomenon from which it suffers comes from the fact that the novelty and seemingly refreshing creativity of this new Coldplay style is not particularly novel nor refreshing at all. It almost is, but it falls short. It has good production value but feels over produced and ultimately of very little substance and little originality (like a stylish summer blockbuster with a recycled plot). As a result after only a few listens, it begins to sound repetitive and, well, boring. As others have alluded to, we've heard much of this album before, though perhaps not all from Coldplay.
on June 11, 2008
Every album Coldplay has put out has improved on their previous efforts until Viva La Vida. On their new album they try many different styles and, while some of it works, just as much of it doesn`t work. After the third listen, I find myself growing tired of a lot of it and I`m sure it will be off my mp3 player before the end of the month. My only advice is to buy it if you must have it, or wait and listen to it first if you aren`t sure. I think my money is better spent elsewhere.