Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage SmartSaver Cyber Monday Deals Week in Home & Kitchen Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Countdown to Cyber Monday in Lawn & Garden

on May 16, 2011
I have one configured on my home LAN with 4 X 2TB Drives (Product links are below). All were purchased at The first DNS arrived "dead on arrival" but Amazon did an amazing job to get me a new one within days through their return program. I packaged up the dead one and returned it to Amazon at no cost to me and with the help of easy to follow procedures. This was faster and friendly than walking into a bricks and mortar store! The DNS is configured RAID5 and offers total protection against the possibility of a drive failure. All of my photographs, music and other valuables are stored here. It even supports my ITunes Media Library and many other things I have not had time to explore yet. I had purchased a DMS321 earlier and was very happy with it. This solution in addition to my standard backup procedures, offers great piece of mind. I would recommend this to anybody who is looking for a simple to use, reliable and foolproof media storeage solution. It will protect your valuables.

D-Link DNS-343 4-Bay Network Attached Storage Enclosure

Western Digital 2 TB Caviar Black SATA 6GB/s 7200 RPM 64 MB Cache Bulk/OEM Desktop Hard Drive WD2002FAEX
on December 30, 2011
The D-Link DNS-343 is an excellent little device, at a very affordable price point. It's nearly silent (contrary to what I had read about the device before I bought it), and out-of-the-box setup is extremely simple. There are two concerns I have with the unit.

1. Data transfer is SLOW. Much slower than data transfers on anything else in my network. This could be because I'm using Western Digital Green drives in it, although it does seem exceptionally slow. I should also say that it *IS* fast enough to support streaming media.

2. The data re-building process is not as clear as it should be. I work with enterprise storage for a living, and I found the terminology/language used in the menus unclear enough that I blew away all my data. I had it all backed up (for just such an emergency), but copying the data back to the array took forever (about 2 days)

For the price, it still can't be beat.
on March 5, 2013
J'ai tout d'abord eu des problèmes de connection. Après plusieurs test il a été déterminer que le probleme n'etait aucunement lié au fonctionnement du dns-343, mais cause par un mauvais disque dure. Donc en resume avec un disque dure western digital de type red, cette appareille fonctionnera parfaitement pour votre plus grand plaisir. Il est tres stable et fiable.
on February 15, 2013
This was a decent purchase considering the price, but getting supported hard drives was the biggest hastle ever. I needed 3rd generation Seagates - the brand new ones were not supported. RAID1 gives a write speed of 15-20 MB/sec, but RAID5 struggles to get 1MB/sec.