Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage giftguide Kitchen Kindle Black Friday Deals Week in Music SGG Countdown to Black Friday in Lawn & Garden

on November 24, 2014
Works very well and I like it because I am in control. I am using it on my miniature poodle mostly for barking control and it seems to be doing the trick. The first 2 weeks I was using the remote to activate the collar several times a day and the batteries didn't last too long - only about 5 - 6 days. It takes 2 2032 button type batteries. Now that I am not activating the collar as much the batteries have lasted almost 2 weeks. Level 3 on the remote seems to be working well on my dog, and there is another button on the remote that triggers 2 levels higher than the one you have it set at if you need it. I find the collar on the dog is bulky - big for a small dog, but my dog doesn't seem to mind it at all and he likes to have it on. It seems to stay on the neck in the center where you want it to be. Other collars I have had kept moving to the side and you were forever moving it back to the center.
I would recommend this collar. The only reason I gave it 4 stars was for the size of the collar and the batteries that didn't last long in the beginning.
on June 1, 2011
I had bought another remote trainer, but it was damaged by water, even though it was "waterproof". This remote looks and feels much better made. It's "waterproof-ness" (is that a word?), is great. Battery life is great, I use it several times a week, and have yet to change batteries after 2 months.

The only thing that I wish it had was a bit more range, but that's my fault for not buying a model with longer range. This unit does have great range, but there's those occasions where you need a few more feet.

I use this unit on level 2 for my 55lb Boxer. Level 1 is barely noticeable by me, and level 2 is like the static from a light switch during the dry winter. It's not strong, just surprising. After level 3, the shock gets considerably stronger, and level 8 is actually painful. I don't believe that I should use this unless I know exactly what it feels like. I will NEVER go above level 2 for my dog as it's not necessary. Don't start high and work your way down, read the book and only use enough to stop the behaviour.
on August 5, 2014
This was really useful, i cannot be more satisfied , it did everything we hoped it would do with our perky French Spaniel and very easily. We were to go for 1 week in vacation, by a lake, in the woods and that young perky adorable dog has not been used to listen to "come" especially when not on a leash and it an environment as paradisiac as where we were going. I week training before we went and every time we went out we put the collar on ( we did put a bell on it just in case) but it worked like a charm. This dog is so smart that she had figured it out without 30 minutes and while there were many temptations to run ( ducks and birds and squirrels, you name it) when we called she came back running, ( it took a few buzz a few times but it worked everytime...) I do recommend it not as a punishing device but as a reinforcer of a command....a very happy client....
on June 1, 2014
We have a mini Aussie who was running under the horses. It only took a shock or two to stop the behaviour. Now if she's getting to closed a voice command will remind her to get back. Te unit is also water proof so she can follow us accross the creek and i dont need to worry about any accidenctal shocks or unit damage. The only downside is that the unit is pretty bulky. She's only 17 lbs and this unit looks really big on her. I did like that it am ewith the 2 prong sizes as with her normal coats the longer ones are a must, however with a summer shave the shorts are more then enough. Over all pleased.
on July 2, 2013
works good but use wisely. Dog will learn what this collar does and you need to know what you're doing. Don't think it's a put on put off collar when needed. Dog will change its behavior depending on having the collar or not. My only advise is if you have no clue as to how you should train a dog, this type of trainer might actual worsen your dog behavior. Uses wisely and it's very effective.
on September 5, 2013
Product claims to be water proof. Followed directions exactly, and batteries got wet and product stopped working. Product was returned.
Also shipping cost me $18.00 and only $10.00 of the shipping was reimbursed.

Overall. dealing with Amazon was easy and much appreciated.
on May 19, 2014
Awesome Dog collar, works very well. Be careful with the settings start at 1 and work your way up slowly. Would highly recommend!
on January 24, 2015
Excellent product with fast shipping
on June 26, 2014
I have a very intelligent and stubborn 8 month old pup. Her obedience training is 100% solid when we are practicing - she knows the commands and responds eagerly. Outside of the training context there are times she exhibits problem behaviour and refuses the command.

Because she knows the commands she has quickly discovered that the stimulation correction comes only when she refuses. The remote makes it easy to use a three-stage escalation: 1. Warning tone 2. Training level 3. Two above training level. After only a day I rarely needed to use more than the warning tone.

This was exactly what we needed for the occasions when positive reinforcement just isn't enough.

The only con for me is that the battery life is relatively short, lasting only a month.
on May 12, 2015
Love the features of this collar! Our dog is listening so well now, most of the time I don't require to turn the collar on.