Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage giftguide Countdown to Black Friday in Home & Kitchen Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Tools

Format: DVDChange

on July 6, 2009
I thought this season of Entourage was great, though a little depressing. I didn't really like to see Vinny down on his luck so much, but, hey, it comes with the territory. I wasn't too hip on turtle's storyline, either, cause I've always just seen him as a leech. Sorry, Turtle. Other than that, I liked it very much and would say it was one of the better seasons of the show.
on July 26, 2009
Entourage is a great show, still season 5 is good but not as addictive as the others. They have prepare us for a season 6 than I hope will be more catchy than this one. If you are a fan or want to get into the show, I recommend getting this dvd set for your collection
TOP 500 REVIEWERon August 14, 2010
Whereas last season we had the whole Medillin buildup and fiasco this season really doesn't have the drama (and I'm not talking "Johnny"). It's kind of an interesting poke at Vince (Adrian Grenier) being criticized for beinga bad actor because, basically, he is in his actual life (let's get real, the guy better save all the money he makes from "Entourage" as he's not getting big roles in TV and Movies after this). The whole premise of "Entourage" that this guy is a star is laughable. It's the other three guys, especially Johnny Drama and Turtle, that have the funnier and more interesting encounters. Plus I find their roles much more believable than actually believing Vince is a movie star.

Given that the Ari Gold storyline develops way better and that's hopefully the direction of the show when it heads into the 6th season.

The celebrity cameos are pretty lame despite a very sexy Jamie Lynn Sigler and a gratuitous Martin Scorcese. I mean, are we supposed to take seriously that B movie actor Jason Patric (I dare you to find a single person who would specifically go out of the way to see his movies let alone pick him out of a lineup) is supposed to be a great star to rival Vince. Then again maybe "Entourage" is a parody with its tongue firmly in cheek.

The extras are lamer than lame this time around. Like all previous season DVDs, you get the season-by-season recaps, commentary tracks and, with this one, they throw in a short section on the celebs they got for season 5. Frankly, who cares at this point?

Why not bag the guys and find a new up-and-coming fake star and his entourage for Ari Gold to take to the top. In fact, I liked the whole Bow Wow (the hip hop "star") turn as a comic actor being represented by E. That showed potential as Bow Wow (I'm supposed to take a musical artist seriously when they name themselves after the sound of a dog?) can actually act. I have no idea if he can sing as my musical tastes run more Raveonettes than mainstream hip hop pop.
on March 5, 2015