Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage SmartSaver Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Home, Kitchen and Garden Gift Guide Cyber Monday Deals Week in Home & Kitchen

Showing 1-10 of 13 reviews(3 star).Show all reviews
on October 14, 2001
I am an animation fan. And I will say this: The film itself is oviously an incredible accomplishment for the time. There are certain scenes where you can tell the animators and Disney himself overlooked no detail. (The scenes in which the Dwarfs and Snow White look through the cottage with candle light...they did an exceptional job on cast shadows and such.)
However, the "extras" featured on this dvd, while there are TONS AND TONS of them...I think are just...well...not great. It's basically an earfull of "Why we at Disney are splendid" hubbub with "celebrity hosts." (Most of whom I'd never even heard of nor seen before.)
The "Disney through the ages" aspect was the part that I found most offensive. They just went on and on about how great Disney is decade by decades conveniently skipping the flops. (The Black Cauldron anyone?) I think it would have been MUCH more interesting had they not sugar coated their history and just stuck to the facts.
So, overall...a pretty cool DVD. I just gotta say I don't think it's as perfect as everyone is saying it is.
Just my 2 cents. I could be wrong.
on December 27, 2001
SNOW WHITE AND THE SEVEN DWARFS is an obvious accomplishment, and this is a great DVD, but how well does it stand up these many years later?
While I found some of the early rotoscoped animation quite interesting...particularly of the wicked Queen...I found myself getting bored three quarters of the way through. The songs are well known, the characters beloved, but the pacing is slow by today's standards.
The menu animation of the "mirror on the wall" is done quite well, and it's amusing. But the slowness of the actual story has pulled Snow White down a few notches on my "must see" list of animated films.
It's far less enjoyable then, say, Wallace and Grommit.
on April 15, 2010
Our family enjoyed watching this high quality art-work on a Blue-ray, really nice experience. However, one comment: the design for the cover page of disks is really bad, the witch is not actually the main character in the movie, and it gives the wrong impression of the content of the entire movie. I would replace the locations and proportions of Show White with the witch, and maybe move the witch to the second layer and bring the dwarfs to the front. My 4 year old son was scared of watching it because of the image on the DVD/Blue-ray cover. It took a while to persuade him that the movie was more about Positive rather than Negative.
on November 13, 2001
Kind of boring. My daughter loses interest after a few minuts as well. They could have done a better job. I don't care how many people feel this is the best DVD going, I dont' care too much for it, neither does my daughter, and it is all about the kids. She gets scared of the mirror. I can't blame her. If I was close to 5, I'd be scared too. They could have done more with this DVD, but they chose not to. I'd think twice before buying it again, but it is opened so it is obviously staying with us. Maybe when she's older she'll enjoy it. I actually fell asleep while watching it, so it's great if you need some rest.
on November 28, 2001
The menus are flashy and creative...but to get from one area to another takes
f o r
e v
e r.
This is frustrating to me. I enjoy the DVD menu feature so I can JUMP to an area and on this DVD you can slowly meander to that area. The Dopey Mine game is fun...once. Then you realize that the alternative path is only different in 1 aspect and then you are bored. The add-on bonus features in the Platinum Edition are cool and the archival info well worth it for a colllector. But for an impatient adult, and a toddler who does not understand the process the menu action is faulty.
on December 27, 2001
While this film is undoubtedly a classic, well-loved landmark in Disney moviemaking, I've got to say that it's not for kids. This is THE most intense Disney movie I've ever seen. I mean, I'm 16 years old and I still fast forward through that ending part where the dwarfs are chasing the witch and she falls down the cliff. What kind of message is that for young children? I am not in any way bashing this movie--I think it definitely deserves its title as a classic, but I wouldn't show this one to young children
on February 22, 2015
It's been decades since I have seen Snow White. I guess I enjoyed it more when I was younger. I wasn't too impressed this time round. I couldn't get past how annoying Snow White's voice is. I still enjoy Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella and the Jungle Book. Snowies voice was a turn off for me.
on April 2, 2015
Quality is not that great. But I don't know if that's because it's such an old film or because it's not a actual, authentic Disney film this DVD. But it will do.
on December 20, 2001
DVD is AWESOME!... when it works!
You can read most of the other reviews to get an idea on how great this DVD is, however, be aware that it might not work in your PC, XBOX or even your DVD Player!
We purchased this DVD and gathered everyone around the TV to see one of the best Disney movies ever. My kids were EXCITED however, when it started to play it skipped and stuttered. OK, break out the XBOX... it says the DISK IS DAMAGED. Doesn't look like it, so I go over to the PC, can't play there either, over to another PC and yet another... still same problem. So, we watched Shrek (a good movie but a let down from the Snow White incident.)
I took it into a store and played it on their DVD players, it worked on some and not on others (older players and low end players had the most problems.)
Writing to Microsoft (re: XBOX) and Buena Vista receives a form letter reply (if anything) saying they are working on it. It has been almost a month without any resolution. The DVDROM Players have since been updated to watch it, but I don't want to gather the kids around the monitor.
So, beware of the poison DVD er Apple.
on October 18, 2014
boitié tout brisé pas vraiment satisfaite