4.0 out of 5 stars Good Toaster

Published on Dec 15 2011 by Flipper

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice toaster, but some components a bit skimpy, Dec 15 2011
This review is from: Hamilton Beach SmartToast® 2 Slice Toaster (Kitchen)
I've had this Hamilton-Beach SmartToast for maybe 3 years now. I love the long single slot, and it usually does a great job. My only real beef is that apparently HB cheaped out on the components related to the toast lifter. One day when I was cleaning it, the lever came off in my hand! All because they saved a few pennies by using inadequate rivets. Luckily I had the skills to take the unit apart and substitute some good, honest screws instead. Also, the toast lifter wire is a bit flimsy, but after straightening it seems to be working well once again.

Recommended with the caveat that it may need adjustment/repair.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Toaster, Oct. 3 2011
G. Stuparyk (Edmonton, Alberta) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hamilton Beach SmartToast® 2 Slice Toaster (Kitchen)
I have been looking for a toaster that only toasts the cut side of the bagel for a very long time. I found the toaster that I wanted but couldn't afford that one at the moment as it is over $150.00. I then came across this one and figured I would give it a try. I am very happy with this toaster as it looks good and toasts the bagels the way they should be. The only issue I have is that I have the toast setting set to number 5, which is the only setting where everything comes out toasted good. If you have it set below 5, I find that it's just not toasted enough. For a frozen bagel I have it set to 5, push the frozen bagel button, once that cycle is finished I then put it down again with just the bagel button pushed. So frozen bagels have to be cooked twice for them to be toasted nicely. For the price I paid for this toaster I can see myself keeping it for a long time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, March 7 2012
This review is from: Hamilton Beach SmartToast® 2 Slice Toaster (Kitchen)
This has got to be the cooles toaster I ever owned. I can toas anything (french baguettes for sandwiches, naan bread, basically it can be odd shaped bread like products). Plus it doesn't take up too much space on my counter cause it's right up against the wall. Great purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hamilton Beach SmartToast 2 slice toaster, May 7 2011
This review is from: Hamilton Beach SmartToast® 2 Slice Toaster (Kitchen)
I wanted a product that was good-looking, compact & toasts evenly. Hamilton Beach SmartToast 2 Slice Toaster This is the one! Two outstanding features are the two beeps that let you know when it's done & the no pop-up that allows one slice to stay warm while you butter the first one. Very happy with the product; highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars NO MORE BURNED TOAST!, Nov. 30 2011
This review is from: Hamilton Beach SmartToast® 2 Slice Toaster (Kitchen)
I plugged it in, read the BRIEF instructions and commenced to using it - Love the long slot as I'm a rye bread love, and there was always a corner that wasn't toasted - now English muffins and rye are toasted to perfection - and it was delivered to my door with amazon gift certificates I earned doing surveys on line.

4.0 out of 5 stars Versatility Plus, Sept. 18 2011
This review is from: Hamilton Beach SmartToast® 2 Slice Toaster (Kitchen)
I had been searching for just the right toaster for a long time and this one certainly ticks all of the boxes. It is easy to toast any type or size of bread, bagel, bun etc. And its 'stay warm' function is a plus. The top of the toaster gets quite hot, but other than that it is almost perfect.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wide slots and cooks fast, Dec 17 2012
This review is from: Hamilton Beach SmartToast® 2 Slice Toaster (Kitchen)
I would have given this a 5 but the beep at the end of toasting is quite loud and annoying. Other than that its a great product and I have no issues. I love that it keeps the bread inside the toaster to keep it warm until you're ready.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hamilton Beach® SmartToast 2 Slice Toaster, July 19 2012
This review is from: Hamilton Beach SmartToast® 2 Slice Toaster (Kitchen)
This toaster is the best I have ever had. It toasts fast and even. I can do over sized bread in the single long slot. I like the frozen bread features it's great for frozen waffles, they come out perfect each time.

5.0 out of 5 stars A perfect toaster!, Nov. 2 2014
This review is from: Hamilton Beach SmartToast® 2 Slice Toaster (Kitchen)
This ìs the best toaster I have ever owned.
I needed a new toaster right away when mine died and I looked at all the local stores for a replacement toaster with a long /wide slot, with no success. Then I checked Amazon and found this one. Not only did this new toaster arrive the next day, it was also just what I had been looking for.
The wide slot adjusts to hold thin or thick slices and when the toast ìs done an alarm sounds. Instead of popping up at that time, the toasted item remains inside to keep warm. There is also a handy cancel button.
Whoever designed this toaster thought of everything and the price was reasonable. It might not be ideal for toasting in mass production, but for me it is perfection!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Toaster We've Ever Owned, Feb. 4 2013
This review is from: Hamilton Beach SmartToast® 2 Slice Toaster (Kitchen)
We bought and returned a few toasters, trying to find one that could toast one slice properly. We finally found one! We find the maximum setting (#5) produces the best results. I tried the bagel setting once, but found that it didn't toast the bagel enough, however when used on the regular "toast" setting, the bagel is done perfectly. I love that the toast doesn't "pop up" but remains in the down position until you move the lever up to remove it, as that way one slice remains warm while you butter the other one. Great toaster, I highly recommend it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›