4.0 out of 5 stars pretty good so far, July 5 2012
This review is from: Bowflex PR1000 Home Gym (Sports)
I bought this unit about 2 weeks ago and everything arrived fast and packaged well. I've used it couple times already and the machine runs smoothly on most exercises. I'm going to skimp out on the leg workout portion as i find the resistance to be lacking and the set up awkward. As for the upper body workouts, i have no complaints so far. The bench is a little wobbley if you do not sit on it perfectly centered (the back is removable and not anchored down). Assembly was fine, got it done in about 2.5 hours and was straightforward. All in all i would recommend this home gym, but only if you get it on sale with the free shipping as i would not pay full price for this at $799.99. Looking forward to seeing the results in a couple weeks :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, Oct. 22 2013
This review is from: Bowflex PR1000 Home Gym (Sports)
Pros:
Price was reasonable
Assembly was not hard (do require your own tools, did not provide any)
Easy to use

Cons:
I found that during exercise routine, there's wasted time spent to change to different position of machine

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, Jan. 29 2014
This review is from: Bowflex PR1000 Home Gym (Sports)
The Bowflex PR1000 is great. It was easy to put together in a matter of a couple of hours. It is well-made and sturdy. An excellent purchase at a very reasonable price. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything I hoped for, April 4 2014
This review is from: Bowflex PR1000 Home Gym (Sports)
I was looking for a reasonably priced system that would give me a good overall workout after returning from a debilitating illness. The setup was complicated enough, but I was able to conquer it after a few tedious hours by myself. I have been using the gym for about three weeks and am pretty excited with the results. It is very easy to use. The power rods are easy to change quickly between sets and I'm finding a broad array of exercises for every muscle group. I've read that people didn't like the leg machine, but I am quite happy with the workouts outlined in the manual. The action is smooth on the pulleys and I get a good range of motion on most of the exercises. Easy to adapt the same setup to work different muscle groups simply by changing body positions. Only concern is the carabiners used to link the cables have very sharp edges and I have cut myself when not being careful enough. Otherwise I couldn't be happier.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delivers as promised, March 31 2014
This review is from: Bowflex PR1000 Home Gym (Sports)
I was very pleased when I received it, it was delivered promptly (felt very bad for the ups delivery man though - the box was very heavy).
Setting up was long approximately 3 hours and I had help and I found the bolts and washers confusing as they were not marked properly so I found that took most of the time trying to figure out what size was the correct one.

Otherwise I am very pleased with the feel and quality of the product. It is going to be well used.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, March 20 2014
This review is from: Bowflex PR1000 Home Gym (Sports)
Great purchase by all measures. Assembly was straightforward of course takes some time but I did alone.
It is now the master machine in my exercise room.

5.0 out of 5 stars happy with bowflex, Dec 14 2013
This review is from: Bowflex PR1000 Home Gym (Sports)
bowflex came within its delivery of 5 days, great sealed happy with it easy to set up and easy to use everyone should have one the family is happy thanks again

4.0 out of 5 stars Good starter home gym., Nov. 30 2013
S. Paquin (Montreal, Quebec Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bowflex PR1000 Home Gym (Sports)
For the price and what you can do with this basic Bowflex unit, it's a pretty good deal. You can buy all sorts of machines that will do just one thing for the same price or more.

It's fairly easy to assemble and the construction is solid. Officially, you can do 30 exercises with this model, but there far more possibilities than those included in the manual. Butterflies and reverse wrist curl as an exemple.

The leg station could have used the extra parts needed for Lying Leg Curls, without them, the whole front of the machine serves only for leg extensions.

My only real problem with the machine so far is the resistance of the power rods. 210 lbs isn't enough for calf raises and leg presses. The 5 lbs power rods seem useless. They don't offer enough resistance to be worth the space they are taking on the machine. I know it's possible to replace the 5 lbs rods with a pair of 50 lbs, but in my opinion, an extra pair of 30 lbs rods should have come with the machine by default.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well built machine and easy to assemble., Feb. 17 2014
This review is from: Bowflex PR1000 Home Gym (Sports)
Just bought this home gym so have no experience yet on the performance.
It was easy to assemble (one man) and did it in just over an hour. The assembly instruction is simple and easy to follow.
There was no instruction on how to change the alignment of the eyes on the rod but was able to figure it out. Just undo the screw at the ends and turn the eyes to the direction facing out.
Machine is well built.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth the price!, Sept. 26 2013
This review is from: Bowflex PR1000 Home Gym (Sports)
I've had the original Power Pro for over 13yrs & finally decided it was time to upgrade to a new machine. The two things that caught my eye with this machine were the lat tower & leg extension. The price was what helped finalize my decision. I did read other reviews before buying so I was pretty sure I knew what I was getting, and I am not disappointed. That doesn't mean that this machine is not without it's problems. I didn't like that you weren't able to upgrade the power rods to 310lbs, but reading another reviewers suggestion, I was able to add my extra 50's to the stack to make it 310lbs. The seat only adjust to 2 positions whereas the Power Pro had 3. The bench isn't that long, so in the flat position you are forced to sit too far away when doing shoulder presses. I flip the bench around so I can sit closer to the tower. I've also noticed the tension for the cables is uneven. Left is tighter than the right. Much like my first Bowflex there is a period of some figuring out what works best for you and how to adjust, but that could just be me. Over all I'm very happy with this machine. I would recommend this machine, but I'm not sure it's right for anyone over 5'10" as range of motion would be an issue with a lot of exercises.

ARRAY(0xb2a41b4c)