countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Pets All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools

Color: Green|Change

on January 16, 2016
I gave this to my wife so she can see her pictures on the computer without having to connect the camera to the computer. She uses a few memory cards and this is just more convenient then plugging in the camera all the time. Works great.
on November 27, 2015
I bought this to transfer pictures from my camera SD card to my ASUS tablet using an OTG cable because, for some reason, my Canon camera stops responding when it actually comes to the point of transferring the files. I can't attest to whether the other slots work but I can verify that the SD and mico-SD slots work perfectly. The build quality is quite good and there were no issues with insertion or alignment of the cards. I looked at a number of these before settling on this one and, although there were other generic card readers for a lower price, I went with IOGear because I have purchased their products before and I was very happy with them. However, one word of caution, using a card reader, or any other USB powered device for that matter, will put a significant drain on your tablet battery. I can see that, depending on your tablet, you may want to limit your photo transfers to 100 or so at a time. Other than that it certainly does the job.
on January 7, 2015
This piece of technology is quite cheap and sturdy enough so it should be able to deliver a lifetime of data transfer for the many cards it may encounter. I mainly use it for MicroSD, MiniSD and SD cards and they all fit perfectly and are detected on the first try each time.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon May 3, 2013
It reads cards faster than my last computer's built-in card reader, and it's a lot cheaper too. The fact that the cord is short isn't really a big deal, since most computer's have a couple of conveniently located USB ports for just this sort of thing. It was compatible with my USB 3.0 as well.
on January 15, 2014
Have used this item with many different memory cards and have not experienced any issues. My laptop recognizes the drive every time and transfer speed is good. Even used it on my tablet with a usb to micro usb adapter.
Can't beat the price.
on August 7, 2015
You are unable to use the SD and Mini SD slots at the same time to transfer from card to card. Was hoping it would save the hassle of plugging and unplugging. Only useful if you don't have a slot on your laptop/computer already. For me it is redundant.
on September 1, 2010
This is a great little card reader. It is no larger than a portable USB drive, but it reads many different kinds of cards. Sometimes it takes a bit of jimmying to get the card in the slot, because the slot is a tight fit, but I've never had a real problem inserting or removing the card. Overall it's a good deal for its price.
on May 26, 2011
This reader is good. It's not slow like one reviewer said, I think that depends on your memory card. My only complaint is the SD card slot is so tight, it's hard to get your card out and you have to almost force it in. I feel like I might break my card every time I need to take it out. Otherwise it's a good product for a great price.

Updating my review, it's 3 years later and this thing is still working perfectly. It was only a tight fit the first few times, cards go in and out comfortably now. I should have updated this a long time ago.
on October 25, 2009
Nice portable card reader, reads most commonly used memory cards (SD/SDH/micro-mini SD/MS/MS Pro). Would be one better if it also took CF cards.
on December 18, 2015
Feels really strong and tough!

Keeps up with the faster cards on the market and fits in a pocket.

I really like this product and have one in my photo camera case, one in my GoPro case and one in my desk drawer.

Highly recommended!!