5.0 out of 5 stars Great, but difficult for beginners who can't do roll-ups
Published on May 23 2011 by nancy

3.0 out of 5 stars HAVE TO WORK UP TO USING FUL TAPE
IF HEAVY IN ABDOMEN AREA, THIS CAN BE RATHER DIFFICULT BUT HOPE TO WORK UP TO COMPLETING THE WORK OUT. EACH TIME IS EASIER. I THINK IT WILL PRODUCE RESULTS I WANT.
Published 1 month ago by Lynn B.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, but difficult for beginners who can't do roll-ups, May 23 2011
nancy (Quebec Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Element: Pilates Weight Loss for Beginners [Import] (DVD)
I really like this DVD, it is a must have. The visual demonstrations are very clear and precise, and the detailed verbal instructions are given by the instructor in a narrating, voice-over fashion. The moves are well explained with a lot of cues when to breath in and out. She is really inspiring to look at, so graceful. The scenery is great too, I like that it is filmed outside and not in a big beige carpeted room.

This DVD is broken up into 2 parts: "pilates concious cardio" (20min), and "pilates prep & mat work" (30min). I found the "cardio" section relatively easy: my heart rate elevated a little, but not as much as in a real cardio workout; I started sweating and could definitely feel my muscles working hard. The second part is really working the core hard. The only complaint I have is that as a beginner, I am not strong enough to raise myself from lying on the floor to sitting, using abs in a smooth roll-up movement, and this DVD has a lot of that. I wish there were alternatives to slowly strenghten the muscles to accomplish those roll-ups. I wish it was a bit slower too, so I could really concentrate on my breathing at the right moment, with longer breaks to keep the breathing on track. There is no breaks, you switch exercises constantly, some easy, some so hard that I needed to pause for a break. All the muscles are worked, and you can feel the burn the day after.
I will keep working, and soon enough I will be able to complete the whole DVD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Pilates DVD for anyone!, Aug. 22 2011
This review is from: Element: Pilates Weight Loss for Beginners [Import] (DVD)
Met Brooke in the summer at a yoga retreat and she inspired me to try pilates. I thought if I can look like her, I'm in!
Very easy to get the hang of. Brooke's voice is calming and encouraging. I recommend this DVD for any level! I look forward to incorporating this workout with my yoga practice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for beginners, Dec 29 2013
This review is from: Element: Pilates Weight Loss for Beginners [Import] (DVD)
I was always in to yoga, but really needed something to start strengthening my low back. I think its important to have some background in working out because you can hurt yourself if you dont know proper form. Absolutely love it though and even though Im not excessively sweating, i really see a difference after using it 3-4 times a week for the last 4 weeks

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, Feb. 5 2010
This review is from: Element: Pilates Weight Loss for Beginners [Import] (DVD)
Very informative! This DVD is ideal for beginners, as it often includes variations of the motions which can be made.

3.0 out of 5 stars HAVE TO WORK UP TO USING FUL TAPE, June 16 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars Pilates DVD, Feb. 11 2014
This review is from: Element: Pilates Weight Loss for Beginners [Import] (DVD)
The workout was pretty good, it takes a couple times to get used of, because she talks so fast, but overall decent workout.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff!, Feb. 3 2014
This review is from: Element: Pilates Weight Loss for Beginners [Import] (DVD)
Great workout can feel the burn!! Be consistant with it and results will follow. Press pause if needed she can be hard to follow and switches quickly!

4.0 out of 5 stars very good!, Nov. 19 2013
This review is from: Element: Pilates Weight Loss for Beginners [Import] (DVD)
This dvd is a great Pilates dvd, very relaxing and works all muscle groups! And it is a full hour! good workout for a chill day!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice...Easy to Follow, July 2 2012
Edda Matzen (Pender Harbour, B.C. Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Element: Pilates Weight Loss for Beginners [Import] (DVD)
I enjoy this workout. The moves are clearly explained, the pace is perfect for beginners, and the setting is lovely. I put on this DVD once a week between doing walking aerobics (Leslie Sansone) for a nice change and to reap the benefits of pilates.

5.0 out of 5 stars great stretch and workout, for early morning or evening, March 22 2012
This review is from: Element: Pilates Weight Loss for Beginners [Import] (DVD)
this dvd really get your heart going and i do feel the work. beautiful scenery and great audio. definitly one to add to the collection. great for beginners to intermediate. advanced people may not find this challenging

Element: Pilates Weight Loss for Beginners [Import]