5.0 out of 5 stars Good Dvd, but 1960's Collection a better deal...
Published on Aug. 18 2010 by S. Lennox

Published on Jan. 11 2013 by Nathalie Turenne

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Dvd, but 1960's Collection a better deal..., Aug. 18 2010
S. Lennox - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Charlie Brown Christmas (Remastered Deluxe Edition) (DVD)
I bought this dvd years ago and considered it an absolute essential cartoon to own. However since then the boxed set Peanuts 1960s Collection was released which not only contains the Christmas special but also 5 other Peanuts cartoons from the 1960's (including the Great Pumpkin episode, another classic), and being only a few bucks more than this it is a far better deal. The boxed set doesn't have the other Christmas cartoon on this dvd, the 90's-era "It's Christmastime Again" (which was ok) but in all honesty it's not really missed. I still think this is an excellent dvd to own, but if you want a little more bang for your buck go for the boxed set and you'll really have a good Charlie Brown collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome!! came in a more decorated dvd cover ..., Dec 3 2014
awesome!! came in a more decorated dvd cover than appears on picture. very sparkly, looks high quality. Love charlie brown christmas in general so this makes it even better thank you

3.0 out of 5 stars The magic never dies... but something's missing. Francophones beware!, Jan. 11 2013
The only complaint I have concerns the audio options. My daughter only understands French, and when I ordered this, wanting her to discover this unforgettable Christmas classic, I assumed they had more options than English... well I was right, they have every language possible, EXCEPT FRENCH!!! Needless to say, I am very disappointed. I refuse to believe they never did a French version of this, and if they did, why isn't it on the DVD?? My daughter is learning English, so I thought, she could perhaps pick up a few things, but the audio quality is also very poor. I still love the story, and the special features are interesting, but I kind of wish I hadn't bought it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic, June 16 2013
Classic Classic Classic! There are only few Christmas traditions better then gathering to watch A Charlie Brown Christmas! Nice to own on DVD instead of waiting for the TV special.

5.0 out of 5 stars FIRST TIME, Nov. 6 2014
I first saw this show when it first came out ,in 1963 or 65. Not only is Lucy very accurate with her description and accusations about Christmas but she is hilarious. And I think we all know someone like Freida and her naturally curly hair and Pigpen. And then there is the musical genius I just love the show. My brother used to compare me to Lucy because there was a boy in my class I had a crush on. Every time I see this show I think of him and wonder how he is doing. I haven't seen him in over 40 years!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT FAMILY MOVIE, Dec 20 2011
This a a great family movie that I doubt would be made today. It captures the discoonect many people feel around Christmas when Charlie Brown says "I know I should be happy with all the presents but I just don't ..... there is something missing." It has such a profound message that I have used clips in church during my Christmas Eve service. As I child I used to wait for it to come on but haven't seenit in several years. I watched it again this year and it I appreciated it so much more.

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic that never grows old., Feb. 8 2014
With the special spirit of Christmas being expunged from most media shows nowadays, it's so beautiful to watch this little special. The feeling of no Christmas cards, or not many, the over commercialization, it's all here in this precious little gem, and the true meaning of Christmas, not over stated, is the final star atop this gem. I am delighted that you can now buy the Charlie Brown Christmas tree for real...my son has one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Another Christmas Classic, June 6 2013
I’ve been watching this movie every Christmas since I was a little kid, I remember ABC always used to air it, & to this day, they still do! It's not my #1, but I still enjoy watching it every year.

The DVD: Works perfectly, no issues. The menu is straight forward & easy to use. I don’t recall viewing the special features, sorry!

Overall: This is a great, short, Christmas flick for the entire family.

5.0 out of 5 stars THE BEST (CHRISTMAS) ANIMATED SHORT, Jan. 20 2014
The quality is superb, the message is wonderful, and the joy in watching it year after year continues.

The behind the scenes extra is terrific as it outlines what it took to get this to the screen, the thought that the overt Christian message may be too much, and the expectation that it wouldn't likely be seen again is very interesting.

What's not to like!

5.0 out of 5 stars THE DEFINITIVE TELEVISION CHRISTMAS SPECIAL, Jan. 9 2013
A Charlie Brown Christmas has transcended mere television to become a cultural icon. But like most Christmas television specials, much of its content is edited out when broadcast. See it as it is meant to be seen and enjoyed in this beautiful set. "Making Of" is very interesting for fans too!

A Charlie Brown Christmas (Remastered Deluxe Edition)
CDN$ 24.95 CDN$ 7.00