5.0 out of 5 stars impressed
i was worried when i bought it it would be cheaply made, but it is good. i did not have to install the brackets that came with it, it pressure fit in the doorway just fine and it's not going anywhere! It did leave an imprint from the rubber, but no big deal. my doorway is 29".
Published on July 7 2011 by Jon

3.0 out of 5 stars good product, but ...
my son loves it, but we needed to screw the bar to the doorway - it did not work on resistance only.
another problem - the rubber hand-holders are set too close to the side and could not be moved.
Published 15 months ago by Marina MAtskevitch

5.0 out of 5 stars impressed, July 7 2011
Jon (Belle River, Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality, very sturdy, June 16 2014
This review is from: JFit Deluxe Doorway Pull-Up Bar (Sports)
This pull-up bar was shipped quickly and came in a 4-5 foot long box. I had it setup in under 10 minutes. I didn't use the included bracket hardware. The rubber pads and screw tension are plenty to keep the bar in place. I've had it for about two weeks now and use it daily. It hasn't moved at all. I weigh 175lbs and do between 20 and 40 pull ups a day.

I've very pleased with it. I've recommended this pull-up bar to all my friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars pretty sturdy, Nov. 29 2011
This review is from: JFit Deluxe Doorway Pull-Up Bar (Sports)
really sturdy and well-made, not something i was expecting for $20. the imprint from the rubber came off with rubbing alcohol pretty easily (not sure if water would have worked too, rubbing alcohol was the closest to me)... mine came with the rubber slightly uneven on one side, but its still snug. i tried to shake it to test how well placed it was. wouldnt budge! haven't put in the screws in yet, dont think ill need to.

4.0 out of 5 stars Use the brackets, July 28 2013
This review is from: JFit Deluxe Doorway Pull-Up Bar (Sports)
As noted in the manual, use the included brackets to be screwed into the doorframe - I absolutely wouldn't trust it without. Also, don't over tighten the bar into the brackets or you'll crack your doorframe. Otherwise the bar seems good for the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality product for reasonable price., June 16 2014
Once it's properly tightened, the pull-up bar had no issues supporting my weight(170lbs) without using the screws and covers. It's flexible enough to be used for a few different exercise moves other than pull-ups. Adjustable hand covers are also convenient. It left a couple of black circular smudges on my white doorframe, but nothing a bit of water and soap won't clean off. Make sure it's proper secured before doing serious workout!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value pull-up bar, March 29 2013
This review is from: JFit Deluxe Doorway Pull-Up Bar (Sports)
In order to give a fair review, I've been using this product almost everyday (minus weekends) for over a year, so here it is.

I purchased this product because my living space doesn't allow me to use a power tower (low ceiling) and other pull-up bars require a lip over the door frame.

Installing this bar inside a door frame is a breeze, just twist until both ends press into the door frame. Also included are metal brackets that you screw in and extend the pull-up bar into for additional support. However, with adequate pressure the bar is very stable and has not slipped once for me (I weigh around 165-170lbs at 5ft11in). Since my purchase, only the grip (closest to the frame) has started to wear a little, otherwise it is in great condition (no rust, chips, etc).

Only two downsides I can give/could find. First is that the foam grips are not movable. In my case, I always have one foam grip in my hand when doing pull-ups, and one foam grip in my opposite hand when doing chin-ups, so I suggest wearing gloves. Second, the black door grips leave a black residue on my white door frame, but it easily washes off with water.

Overall, I definitely suggest this product to those who are in the same living situation I am in, and also want the additional benefit of its compactness during travel.

4.0 out of 5 stars Grips are strangely placed but can be moved, March 24 2013
This review is from: JFit Deluxe Doorway Pull-Up Bar (Sports)
Some of the reviewers said that this could be mounted without screwing into the doorframe, but it appeared that to tighten it enough to hold a reasonable amount of weight, it could damage (split) the wooden frame. It installs in less than 10 minutes and was tested up to about 185 pounds without a problem. As she shown in the picture, the grips are strangely off centre once the bar is extended. But if you are very careful, you can peel the grip open a bit and using some soap, slide the grips closer to centre, then just wipe the soap off. Worked great. A friend has "frozen shoulder" and found the stretch from "hanging" from this bar to be excellent as well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, July 1 2013
This review is from: JFit Deluxe Doorway Pull-Up Bar (Sports)
I am over 180 pounds and the bar works very nicely and stays put as long as you tighten the bar and keep it level. I had bought this because the regular pull up bars were too big and bulky for the doorways in my apartment. Also, the instructions say that you should mount the bar on the walls with screws, but I did not and it still works just fine (although highly NOT recommended to use the bar without screws). I suggest buying a magic eraser with the J fit if you have light coloured walls and want to move it around (eg. doing sit-ups) as the rubberized ends do mark the walls very easily. If given the choice to buy it again, I would.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, Aug. 20 2013
This review is from: JFit Deluxe Doorway Pull-Up Bar (Sports)
The J Fit Deluxe is a great doorway bar for smaller homes and individuals who have access to a doorway but do not have access to a complete basement or an exercise area in their house which they can fill up with machines.

So far after fair usage, the bar does the trick for my upper body training. One thing to note is that the bar must be tightened after 2-3 sets so that the door doesn't get damaged and the safety holders don't rip your doorway.

If you follow this through, there should be no problems in you exercising for as long as your door can handle it.

Beats paying high expensive fees at the gym :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value., May 16 2014
Easy to install, screws not even needed (but available if you want the extra feeling of security). Has now easily handled repeated use by people weighing 145 to 175 lbs.

JFit Deluxe Doorway Pull-Up Bar