5.0 out of 5 stars impressed
i was worried when i bought it it would be cheaply made, but it is good. i did not have to install the brackets that came with it, it pressure fit in the doorway just fine and it's not going anywhere! It did leave an imprint from the rubber, but no big deal. my doorway is 29".
Published on July 7 2011 by Jon

3.0 out of 5 stars Good enough but nothing fantastic
For being a pull up bar that I can use for exercise it is great. I am 175 pds and I cannot trust my weight on the bar without the screws so that made it less appealing, as I can't take it with me on trips.
Published 6 months ago by Mohammad Noroozi

5.0 out of 5 stars impressed, July 7 2011
Jon (Belle River, Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality, very sturdy, June 16 2014
This review is from: JFit Deluxe Doorway Pull-Up Bar (Sports)
This pull-up bar was shipped quickly and came in a 4-5 foot long box. I had it setup in under 10 minutes. I didn't use the included bracket hardware. The rubber pads and screw tension are plenty to keep the bar in place. I've had it for about two weeks now and use it daily. It hasn't moved at all. I weigh 175lbs and do between 20 and 40 pull ups a day.

I've very pleased with it. I've recommended this pull-up bar to all my friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars pretty sturdy, Nov. 29 2011
This review is from: JFit Deluxe Doorway Pull-Up Bar (Sports)
really sturdy and well-made, not something i was expecting for $20. the imprint from the rubber came off with rubbing alcohol pretty easily (not sure if water would have worked too, rubbing alcohol was the closest to me)... mine came with the rubber slightly uneven on one side, but its still snug. i tried to shake it to test how well placed it was. wouldnt budge! haven't put in the screws in yet, dont think ill need to.

4.0 out of 5 stars Use the brackets, July 28 2013
This review is from: JFit Deluxe Doorway Pull-Up Bar (Sports)
As noted in the manual, use the included brackets to be screwed into the doorframe - I absolutely wouldn't trust it without. Also, don't over tighten the bar into the brackets or you'll crack your doorframe. Otherwise the bar seems good for the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality product for reasonable price., June 16 2014
Once it's properly tightened, the pull-up bar had no issues supporting my weight(170lbs) without using the screws and covers. It's flexible enough to be used for a few different exercise moves other than pull-ups. Adjustable hand covers are also convenient. It left a couple of black circular smudges on my white doorframe, but nothing a bit of water and soap won't clean off. Make sure it's proper secured before doing serious workout!

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect..., Nov. 22 2011
This review is from: JFit Deluxe Doorway Pull-Up Bar (Sports)
Very good pull up bar. I just twisted it on my door frame without making any holes in the wall or using any tools. Supports my 200 pounds. Just make sure to set it on a solid door frame or wall, and you will be good to go ! The only bad thing is that the hand grips are not in the center...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value., May 16 2014
Easy to install, screws not even needed (but available if you want the extra feeling of security). Has now easily handled repeated use by people weighing 145 to 175 lbs.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice and Wide, May 19 2014
This review is from: JFit Deluxe Doorway Pull-Up Bar (Sports)
I am 6'3" 210lbs. I put the bar up in my hallway to get more height and width. It is working great - I just wish it would lock from twisting somehow.

5.0 out of 5 stars so I might remove the rod more easily if needed, Dec 26 2014
This review is from: JFit Deluxe Doorway Pull-Up Bar (Sports)
No worries. Feels solid and quality. There is a cap at each end of rod that secures to door frame; then you can extend the rod into the caps with counterclockwise rotation of the rod. In that sense it is a permanent fixture. I would have preferred a "cut-out" in the end caps, so I might remove the rod more easily if needed. Quite satisfied

4.0 out of 5 stars This bar was easy to set-up by my partner, Sept. 10 2014
I'm 91 pounds and I want to develop a wide back by doing chin-ups almost everyday. This bar was easy to set-up by my partner. He had to drill holes to make the bar more secure. We didn't use those red plastic parts.

JFit Deluxe Doorway Pull-Up Bar