5.0 out of 5 stars impressed
i was worried when i bought it it would be cheaply made, but it is good. i did not have to install the brackets that came with it, it pressure fit in the doorway just fine and it's not going anywhere! It did leave an imprint from the rubber, but no big deal. my doorway is 29".
Published on July 7 2011 by Jon

1.0 out of 5 stars Faulty product, cracked door frame
Published 14 months ago by 170 lbs

5.0 out of 5 stars impressed, July 7 2011
Jon (Belle River, Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect..., Nov. 22 2011
This review is from: J Fit Deluxe Doorway Pull-up Bar (Sports)
Very good pull up bar. I just twisted it on my door frame without making any holes in the wall or using any tools. Supports my 200 pounds. Just make sure to set it on a solid door frame or wall, and you will be good to go ! The only bad thing is that the hand grips are not in the center...

4.0 out of 5 stars Use the brackets, July 28 2013
This review is from: J Fit Deluxe Doorway Pull-up Bar (Sports)
As noted in the manual, use the included brackets to be screwed into the doorframe - I absolutely wouldn't trust it without. Also, don't over tighten the bar into the brackets or you'll crack your doorframe. Otherwise the bar seems good for the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Pull-up Bar, Dec 31 2011
This review is from: J Fit Deluxe Doorway Pull-up Bar (Sports)
Definitely a 5 star item. This bar does everything it says. I have had it up for ~2 months now, and at 190 lbs of bodyweight and a combined 50 reps a week it hasn't budged. This is noting too that I have not used the screws - just the pressure on the wall. Super compact too, I'm looking forward to bringing this on the road for my business trips.

4.0 out of 5 stars Super!, Dec 10 2011
This review is from: J Fit Deluxe Doorway Pull-up Bar (Sports)
C'est la premiers fois que j'achète une bar a Pull-Up, mais elle me semble solide et fiable pour le prix payer.La durabilité reste a voir car je ne la possède que depuis 1 semaine.Mais il devrais avoir une pogner de caoutchouc sur toute la longueur.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price & what I'm looking for, Dec 6 2011
babs (Sudbury, Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: J Fit Deluxe Doorway Pull-up Bar (Sports)
So far so good. Like the other reviewers, I haven't had to install the permanent mount and it is pretty sturdy with just pressure. My only criticism is the packaging since it took me longer to get it out of the box (which was sized perfectly for the product) than to install.

5.0 out of 5 stars pretty sturdy, Nov. 29 2011
This review is from: J Fit Deluxe Doorway Pull-up Bar (Sports)
really sturdy and well-made, not something i was expecting for $20. the imprint from the rubber came off with rubbing alcohol pretty easily (not sure if water would have worked too, rubbing alcohol was the closest to me)... mine came with the rubber slightly uneven on one side, but its still snug. i tried to shake it to test how well placed it was. wouldnt budge! haven't put in the screws in yet, dont think ill need to.

1.0 out of 5 stars Faulty product, cracked door frame, Feb. 8 2013
This review is from: J Fit Deluxe Doorway Pull-up Bar (Sports)
I bought the product and was pleased with how fast it was shipped but that's about it. First, while extending the product the first time (well below the maximum length- not even close to it), one of the metal rings on the side loosened/broke - probably due to shoddy welding - so that the bar would be unstable to ever use with metal brackets that it came with. Of course as the many reviews mentioned- it is easy to use without the brackets- just twist into your door frame! So I did that and due to some slippage (after being extremely cautious to make sure the bar was completely level), I decided to tighten the bar by extending it a bit further. This cracked my door frame! Moreover, it left black marks on both sides of the wall- the impressions of which I am unable to completely remove. I would love to return the product but after hefty shipping fees I don't even think it would even be worth it. There goes $30 down the drain.

4.0 out of 5 stars 4 months in, still loving this thing, April 16 2014
Jeff Lambert (Verdun, Quebec, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: J Fit Deluxe Doorway Pull-up Bar (Sports)
Didn't put in the brackets but I have a small metal door frame (30 inches) so I didn't have to extend it much. The velcro pads have always felt pretty cheap though and I have been thinking of replacing them with something else. I wear gloves for better friction. It's a little hard to do wide pullups without hitting the door frame with your elbows but it's not that bad. I don't let other people use it in case it falls off though. Essential hardware for P90X!

5.0 out of 5 stars It really works, Feb. 20 2014
This review is from: J Fit Deluxe Doorway Pull-up Bar (Sports)
the best pull-up bar i have used. Find a sturdy doorway, set it up properly the first time, and it will serve you well for an eternity.

ARRAY(0xa96678b8)