4.0 out of 5 stars Glad I trusted my gut!!!
I have to admit, I *almost* didn't purchase this item after reading some of the reviews. Many of the reviews paint this jewelry cleaner in a bad light and truly almost deterred me from trying it for myself but something in my gut kept nagging at me to go forth. I'm really glad I did.

So what you have to run some of the jewelry through a few times before...
Published 16 months ago by randy belair

2.0 out of 5 stars Could be better
Published 13 months ago by Johanna

4.0 out of 5 stars Glad I trusted my gut!!!, Feb. 22 2014
randy belair (Toronto, ON) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Magnasonic Professional Ultrasonic Polishing Jewelry Cleaner Machine for Cleaning Eyeglasses, Watches, Rings, Necklaces, Coins, Razors, Dentures, Combs, Tools, Parts, Instruments (CD2800) (Jewelry)

So what you have to run some of the jewelry through a few times before removing all the tarnish! Honestly, at least I'm not scrubbing and polishing getting my hands dirty and dried out. Yes, it works MUCH better if you add a cleaner to the water and I'm glad I read that in the reviews so I could order it at the same time but for the price, this machine does what it promises to do. It does take up to six or seven cycles to clean highly tarnished silver but again, it's not spending my energy in the process and I was quite surprised that it does get the thick tarnish off without elbow grease!

I tried running the cycle with and without special cleaner (I just got the stuff here that is for use with these types of jewelry systems) and truthfully, though in the description it says it cleans with just water, using the special cleaner is needed. I'm sure you can clean very lightly soiled items with plain water but anything with visible dirt or grime does need the specialized cleaner.

Again, for the price, this is totally worth it in my opinion and I am glad I trusted my gut on this one. I have no regrets about purchasing it and would buy it again in the future.

Happy shopping!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product , Easy to use. Jewlery comes out sparkling., Feb. 4 2012
This product was delivered very quickly. It is very easy to use and your Jewlery comes out Sparkling Clean. Nice not to have to take my jewlery to the Jewlery Store to be cleaned. Three minutes in the machine and they look brand new.

4.0 out of 5 stars works well, Oct. 17 2012
got this as a gift for my wife who was very please to receive it. She likes antique jewellery and this product radically improved the luster of many of her pieces. I also tried cleaning my glasses and it did get most of the grime out but not all. For the price and the noticeable results it achieves it was well worth it to purchase. Shipping was timely.

5.0 out of 5 stars small & does the job, Jan. 3 2013
twospiritwolf (Vancouver, BC CANADA) - See all my reviews
quite small stylish jewelry cleaner...has cleaned my rings amazingly so far...will be trying other jewelry now that I know what it can do.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Value, Nov. 21 2013
Does a nice job on jewelry, and a better job on eyeglasses. I use warm water and a small amt of dish det'r'g, rinse under hot water and dry with paper towel.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, Jan. 12 2011
Bought this as a gift for my wife as she wanted something to clean her jewellry with. She has been very happy with it. She is constantly cleaning her wedding and engagement ring in it and can't beleive what a good job it does, and what a difference it makes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product. Great vendor., Oct. 25 2010
I purchased this ultrasonic cleaner because I was tired of always cleaning jewelry in that blue or pink liquid.
You can really see the difference once you've cleaned your jewelry in the unit. I was surprised to learn that you can clean other items such as razor blades, silverware, glasses, etc in the unit as well but the item can't be much longer than a pair of glasses or it won't fit.

It does make a whirling sound when the 3 minute cleaning cycle is on but it's not that loud.

I highly recommend this cleaning machine and vendor. I received the unit within a week of making the purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ultra Clean Ultra Happy, Aug. 4 2011
The Ultrasonic cleaner works just like it's supposed to!
My fiance wanted to buy this to help me keep my new platinum 1.2k ring clean, and I was super apprehensive about using it.
We read a ton of reviews, and looked up different ones, and even watched a few youtube videos.
We bought solution from a local jewellery store and diluted it with water and first we tried it out on 2 of my older white gold rings. One with a citrine gem, and the other with tanzanite stones. Both came out sparkling clean, so then we put in my month old engagement ring, and I was pleasantly surprised at how sparkly it came out.
My fiance rinsed it with distilled water immediately afterwards, and dried it with an eyeglass cloth.
I then called my g/f to tell her how well the ultrasonice cleaner worked and she immediately came over and put her wedding ring, engagement ring, and her hubby's wedding ring in it. All three came out clean and sparkly. She even commented that the scratches in her white gold band seemed to disappear.
I'm super happy with this purchase!
My only concern now is, how often am I allowed to wash my ring?? haha

2.0 out of 5 stars Could be better, May 12 2014
When you put your jewellery in and run it, it turns off after three minutes. I found that this was not enough time to get the pieces clean. It was recommended to add some dish detergent or liquid hand soap to the water. But I found that liquid laundry detergent worked best. I bought it because I find that liquid silver cleaner is not conducive to cleaning jewellery with some gemstones. If I want to clean some jewellery with gemstones, I run the machine through 5 to 10 cycles, which means sitting with it so you can turn it on again every three minutes. Also, i find that if I run my sterling silver jewellery through a couple of cycles and then dip them in silver cleaning liquid, they do come out very clean and shiny. A little disappointed in this machine but will keep it as part of my jewellery cleaning tools.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, Jan. 19 2012
Christine Prokosch (Medicine Hat, Alberta Canada) - See all my reviews
For the price, this is good value. Have used it to clean dental appliances, eyeglasses and some jewellery, with water only. Works well - sometimes run things through repeatedly to get more clean. Nice compact design. Worth the price.